The /social Tab - Info

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of basic info about this, as some people won't be able to access it at present.

Type /social in game. What should pop up is a window with various tabs (News, Guild, Alliance etc).

D'oh, I can't see any tabs!
Download a new UI; you'll need one updated for at least patch 1.76.

Oooo pwetty!
Yes indeed. From here you can view all your guild members (on and offline), see when they were on last, get a player directory for your entire alliance, attach notes to players (GMs only, unless you alter permissions) etc.

In Synergy we use real names in /gu, so I've attached real names to people's alt chars (which get confusing)...simple and effective.

The news tab will display people's level 50 and RR dings, as well as information about tower razing/keep captures etc. You can figure the rest out for yourself!

If you're UI doesn't support it, I'd suggest getting a new UI as it provides great functionality to the game :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you can also put a note on yourself (by default this permission is on for everyone I think, not sure if you can disable it) - command is /gc noteself <wotever> or just use the social interface.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Yup you can set a note on yourself.

But a few questions on the social window..

When someone with access changes your note it is suffixed with (GL) [any idea what for ? I can only assume 'Guild Leader'?]

The command button on the guild tab, hints at the /gc autoremove : did this get added onto the euro servers :) ?

How do you read a players note, the default UI only shows the first few words, theres no scroll option.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
(GL) is there saying "the guild leader added this note"
/gc autoremove isn't on the european servers - RightNow for that

no idea on seeing more of the notes - don't think you're meant to be able to put up your life story on there though.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
How do you read a players note, the default UI only shows the first few words, theres no scroll option.

Hover over it. Theres a Tooltip :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
It's time for daoc to steal some back from wow :)

Hope not, wow sucked with a capital S C and D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom