the so called www.camelot-europe.com

Darkheart

Loyal Freddie
I, with alot of others is quite bored on the so called webpage, i mean comon it doesnt even look good, and its pretty useless. The flash is slow, and for some it takes time to load.

Im sure many many many subsicribers would be more than happy to see a new face on the webby, or atleast an option to view it in either flash or in the "more plain text way" with ofcours better interactive xml support (points at the US webby).

okay, well thats it.

was hoping i would be able to do a pull but well well.

Anyway id like your opinion, so GOA can have an overview or whatever (and maybe they will see to it).

:flame: here or whatever, not gonna read the threader myself, was hoping GOA peoples would. If u wanna flame me, PM ingame or whatever.

Lyne

Fledgling Freddie
I'm loathe to say it but the widespread use of flash for almost every occasion on every web page in existence brings me to tears sometimes.

My sanity is only saved when Firefox got a Flash blocker plugin.

Seriously, if I could have one wish it would be that flash wasn't used anywhere where functionality is important. Fine for movie preview sites, fine for marketing spiel, and semi-fine for Game websites (although if all you want is a screen shot or two it's a pain in the bum to have to skip through intros all the time!), but where you want to get information fast there's no excuse for having to sit through a load of flash.

The day that I needed the flash plug-in for the management of my DAoC account was a sad day indeed :)

Just my opinionated and whiny two cents worth - please feel free to ignore, everyone usually does and are better of for it :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Lol, what are u gonna do? Do you know how widely spread Flash techonology is?

(I am ofc reluctant to download and install any 3rd party programs to be able to view/use some content which isn't that mandatory to be viewable).

IMHO the web site could be better yes, but seen much worse.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Firefox is ace :)

I really wish they're reduce the amount of random flash pish on the GOA website and base it more like the Camelot Herald or the italian DAOC site.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Seriously, if I could have one wish it would be that flash wasn't used anywhere where functionality is important.

AMEN to that, dude!

I don´t mind 1337 webdesign maniacs throwing around with their fancy stuff, but on a site that contains informations, every blinking and flickering and movin part is redundant.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I have to agree with the flash thing. If they could base it on the US site I think people would use it more, especially with more XML info on there (e.g. being able to search for who owns what house as opposed to running across 3 zones).

Also a search functionality would be really useful - if you remember seeing a tip in teh friday news about keep bonuses but you can't remember which one, then it would be great to be able to search for it as opposed to trawling through weeks of news, not finding it, and eventually posting on FH.

Edit: And the site is too wide! There must be a way of wrapping it so that you don't have to scroll across all the time to read stuff - its REALLY annoying!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Why doesnt someone here try to make one, and post it here as an example...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice if there was a little less, some flash is a good thing - but like Chocolate if your forced to eat too much your eventually going to be sick. ;)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
It amazes me how long spell crafting has been out and arn't on there.
Other sites like daoc-stats can do it so why not Goa?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The website is being overhauled for New Frontiers as with every major expansion so far. I haven't seen what the new site looks like yet but there are plans to add more functionality to the site. I don't imagine however that there are plans to ditch the Flash just yet.
XML is also being looked at and we plan to make more information available - in line with the extra stats that American players get access to. There's no firm ETA on that but it's on the list of things to do for New Frontiers.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The website is being overhauled for New Frontiers as with every major expansion so far. I haven't seen what the new site looks like yet but there are plans to add more functionality to the site. I don't imagine however that there are plans to ditch the Flash just yet.
XML is also being looked at and we plan to make more information available - in line with the extra stats that American players get access to. There's no firm ETA on that but it's on the list of things to do for New Frontiers.

I am not one to whine (and dine) about GOA but all overhauls so far ended up with 360° revolutions. Site still looks the same as 2 years ago and most of the flash doesnt add any functionality, it only eats bandwith and cpu time.
ditch the flash and give us a mean lean site. HTML and CSS can do more then enough to ads some bells and lights tbh

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Darkheart said:
I, with alot of others is quite bored on the so called webpage, i mean comon it doesnt even look good, and its pretty useless. The flash is slow, and for some it takes time to load.

Im sure many many many subsicribers would be more than happy to see a new face on the webby, or atleast an option to view it in either flash or in the "more plain text way" with ofcours better interactive xml support (points at the US webby).

Anyway id like your opinion, so GOA can have an overview or whatever (and maybe they will see to it).
I think it looks good. It's not slow at all so buy a better comp and get a better ISP if you don't wanna have crappy speed. I use it alot since the xml-files update there faster than duskwave for example. I check keeps and relic status. And it's allways nice to read the friday news.

Stop moaning :twak:

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I'm working as a webdeveloper, and Flash sites aren't that "popular", not when the whole site is done in Flash. (Even though I made a few sites that was completly(sp?) based on flash, at least the layout.)

Flash is a GREAT tool, if it's used the right way.

Even though the camelot-europe.com website is almost 60-70% flash it isn't that bad. I have seen sites that are alot worse :)

But I like daoc.it and camelotherald.com alot more than camelot-europe.com.

Don't you need another webdeveloper on GOA? :) ..

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I think it looks good. It's not slow at all so buy a better comp and get a better ISP if you don't wanna have crappy speed. I use it alot since the xml-files update there faster than duskwave for example. I check keeps and relic status. And it's allways nice to read the friday news.

Stop moaning :twak:

Word!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sees flash page................
searches for 'skip intro'....presses, feels better.

flash is slowly turning the net into a glossy corporate bullshit brochure.

Loads of frekin stupid pages that you have to wait to load just to get the navigation buttons, only to be presented with words like 'explore', 'design', 'the vault', 'lifestyle'.

Far too many drugged up graphic design artists being let out of Uni.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
You ppl keep on whining how bad the Flash is, how slowly it loads etc. For your information - if your browser detects that the flash movie is already been loaded (and its the latest version of it) it wont load it again! so check your browser settings.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with the post, the sight could do with a big overhall, make it work fast and efficiently first. Take a look at the US sight for an example of how it should be.

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
camelotherald.com looks and daoc.it xml and were all happy :)

Lyne

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
You ppl keep on whining how bad the Flash is, how slowly it loads etc.

My quibble was more that flash was used when a simple hyperlink would have done the job :)

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
I think someone in my alliance said it best once:

"The best reason for getting the longest subscribtion period? Prolonging the intervals between having to deal with GOA's half arsed flash based gimcrackery."

:)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
teh look of the site is the best thing about it imo

Tilda

Etaew said:
camelotherald.com looks and daoc.it xml and were all happy :)
It would be ace to have the US players jelous(sp?) of us for a change ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom