The site

V

vuz

its fecking finally up

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So: what do people think of the general layout - have we missed any important information or anything vital to our success?! I know its basically the old one with knobs on to the basic viewer but it has been completely recoded with a fresh DB et al :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.feigned innocence

looks nice..

however the whole clan + player signup thing, given the number of steps there is, needs simplification.

I've posted shortened versions on my clan webby [BCY] and even then they all answer "ffs, I can' read all that never mind do it"...

God job tho'

Looking forward to playing in BWTFCL again, assuming BCY are still on the approved list !

feign innocence
[there is more that one way to skin a cat,
however they all include copous amounts of blood[/i]

V

vuz

I'm not sure if u're suggesting we edit the whole procedure or how we explain it... unfortunately changing the whole procedure is somewhat out of the question at this point in time as we do need all clans and players in the BW database and then our form is just to see if they want entrance to this league - additionally we had to add the wonid bit for players due to lack of it in the BW handling....

Tis a bit of an effort I realise but once you're sorted in BW it should be pretty simple.. additionally we will be adding a script to check your BW id is the one you want it to be and so on - once signed up there'll in the future be a simple form to add your clans to additional leagues and so on...

M

Moön

I actually found adding a clan to the BW data base quite easy, its just getting the members to sign up thats the problem

O

old.[NKN]HHH

Nice webby vuzwuz and co :)

Better result displaying pages and so on will be a good improvement this season

O

old.eH_SimoN

Just out of interest, i thought the whole "times available to play" option was handy, although will it eventually be possible to edit your clans available times during the season?, (for a number of reasons it could be handy) rather than have to email admins all the time to ask them to change it....

V

vuz

well the big point to show is that the league decides when clans play.. ie. we'll say at the beginning of the season your clan plays every league game this season at 8pm on a thursday - this has a lot of advantages of absolute zero chance of no ref being around, the clans don't have to arrange the match, you know well in advance when it'll be and there can be no argument as to the idea of postponing it due ot it being arranged at the last moment as well - as well as the much increased efficiency of server use.

This was pointed out a long time ago - dig through these forum archives! The point of clans showing when they can play is so we can see if a clan can play on the day their division normally plays on so on (if they can't in prem/div1 we contact them, if they can't in div2/div3 we could move them to the other group in teh div...)

Anyway, hope that clears that up.. it will be possible to edit clan details in the future but the need to do it to the times mid season is small

O

old.feigned innocence

Vuz - nah, given the change to integrate db to BW one, I wasn't suggesting any changes.

I was really suggesting that the step by step process could be both explained better and maybe simplified (ie, signup for BW account could have happened on bwtfcl page), as well as a clear statement that the old BWTFCL db had been wiped and teh link to it buried, which would have helped remove some confusion when I was trying to communicate the process to my clannies.

Please take this as 100% constructive comments. As I said b4, all is looking nice and my feeling is that the organisation of teh league is just spinkee :) Of cpourse, thsi may be influenced by the fact that [BCY] are now on the accepted list !

feign innocence
spreads confusion through talking too much

O

old.Carwash

The sign up process is a bit long winded, but is easier in the end ;)

It's easy to sign ya clan up (only 1 person has to do that), then all u have to do is get ur players to sign up Here then tell u when they've done it and under wot name.

Easy :)

Hardest part is gettin at least 10 ppl in ur clan to do it :E

O

old.feigned innocence

Originally posted by Carwash
The sign up process is a bit long winded, but is easier in the end ;)

It's easy to sign ya clan up (only 1 person has to do that), then all u have to do is get ur players to sign up Here then tell u when they've done it and under wot name.

Easy :)

That's step one.

2 = Then you have to dircet them to the bWTFCL Site and tell them to sign in there using their BARRYSWORLD account details, NOT BWTFCL ones as you'd think from the site name.

3 = Then enter there wonid onto there personal details.

As you might have picked up, I've had to go through it all a number of times, so I'm not moaning, just think it could be streamlined for next time.

feign innocence
yes and no are answers, maybe is a cop-out

M

Moön

Next time you wont have to go through it again unless you wish to change your clan details, so what ever you do do not loose your password

O

old.zironjones

Editing clan properties?

is there any way to edit the clan's bwtfcl properties? For example the available days. I wasn't brave/foolish enough to try to do a duplicate clan signup with changed properties :rolleyes:

1Jesta

not atm no.
but if you come into #bwtfcl and see myself or vuz we can edit em for ya

O

old.eH_SimoN

*looks up about 3 replies up from that question....

Didnt i just ask the exact same question eh? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom