Sport The Rugby League thread

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Marc is going to back to Knowsly Road with his tail between his legs on Saturday!:fluffle:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Oh, you off over to Old Trafford then?

I couldnt afford it, but loads of people I know are off, even if they dont support either team.

Should be a corker though :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I bet there's some corking rugby brawls on youtube somewhere :D

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
And today is it still the greatest game in the world?

Was funny to hear Marching On Together being played even if it's isn't the Rhino's song.

As for the match, didn't really care who won. Thought Leeds got a 50/50 decision for that try although I do like the attacking side getting the benefit.

Marc

FH is my second home
And today is it still the greatest game in the world?

Was funny to hear Marching On Together being played even if it's isn't the Rhino's song.

As for the match, didn't really care who won. Thought Leeds got a 50/50 decision for that try although I do like the attacking side getting the benefit.

It would have been extremely harsh to disallow that try and for me, the correct decision was given.

That said, we should have won. We were in control at 8-0 up and Leeds looked clueless. Cue some slack defending and the customary, big game Brain fart from Meli and it was game over.

Great day all in all though bar the result. Love going to finals as fans from all the other teams turn up too and you have some great banter.

Was refreshing to hear the comments from Kevin Sinfield too, who stated that the Leeds players could all earn more money playing for other teams but sacrifice the extra cash in their pocket, to be involved with such a close knit team, resulting in last nights win. Footballers should take a leaf out the Leeds book.

Marc

FH is my second home
Dont know if you follow the Austrlian league, but thats nothing. There is an NRL player on the front page of their national paper once a week for doing something.

Gang rape, sexual assault, assault with a deadly weapon, being shot at, glassing your girlfriend, headbutting your girlfriend, taking extasy, taking steriods, match fixing, assaulting your teams sponsors, defecating in a hotel corridor, being drunk before a game etc etc

Are just some of the things that have happened this year alone.

Their mitigation? Well, they are young blokes who are trained to pretty much kill every saturday/sunday and then they cant just go back to their normal lives as they are like the equivalent of our premiership footballers over here. What a lame cop out. You dont see the chelsea team raping a girl as an initiation ceremony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom