the reason why i stayed in Daoc and not WoW

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
40,081
thats warcrft 3, not WoW, but yeah, blizzard games do seem to have loads of cheats available, good thing that they take such a hard line
 

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
1,293
I played WoW , it's not that i didn't like it as such, it just didn't have the same feel daoc has. Sure it's a good Game, almost as good as daoc, however daoc has the little something extra for me at least. That and the mighty


Shadowlords Society

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:



Each to there own. Play the game you enjoy most. if people try to slag you over it, then they prob are just not enjoying the game they are in already .. or have a really small E-Pen ;P
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Enli said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=55298

i was a D2 player from the start always stayed clean but eventually left cause blizzard has one big problem, cheating in all kinds, now it has started again in wow

will loads of people return now ? loads have returned already ...
Yes because there are no cheats for DAoC either... What's that? People can use radar? But surely that would be cheating... :p

At least blizzard actually act on it when they find people cheating.
 

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
482
Enli said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=55298

i was a D2 player from the start always stayed clean but eventually left cause blizzard has one big problem, cheating in all kinds, now it has started again in wow

will loads of people return now ? loads have returned already ...
The thread you quoted was for Warcraft III , not WOW.

I know both are run by blizzard, but why do you assume there will be just as many cheater in WoW as there are in Warcraft III ? Its two totally different game play aspects and different code etc, when online with or without battle.net.

You are saying this state like you know theres xxxx thousand people cheating in WOW already.

Until we see proof,and there may well be, i doubt people are going to leave WOW simply because someone else cheats. Sureit'll annoy you a little, but to leave WOW... ? Im sure there were other motives, such as you got bored of it quickly as I did, or CAtas came out and you wanted to try it... etc etc.

Saying all that tho, people cheat in DAOC as well. You'd best not play that either ;)
 

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
2,523
yes people i know its warcraft 3
but still it remains the reason why i dislike games of blizzard
i've been a starcraft-,diablo2-player and each game i tried got corrupted
wow will not be different if blizzard hasnt changed their programming-style

and idd, daoc aint free of cheaters either but atleast u can't dupe stuff or things like that
 

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,079
Formash said:
The thread you quoted was for Warcraft III , not WOW.

I know both are run by blizzard, but why do you assume there will be just as many cheater in WoW as there are in Warcraft III ? Its two totally different game play aspects and different code etc, when online with or without battle.net.

You are saying this state like you know theres xxxx thousand people cheating in WOW already.

Until we see proof,and there may well be, i doubt people are going to leave WOW simply because someone else cheats. Sureit'll annoy you a little, but to leave WOW... ? Im sure there were other motives, such as you got bored of it quickly as I did, or CAtas came out and you wanted to try it... etc etc.

Saying all that tho, people cheat in DAOC as well. You'd best not play that either ;)
Yeah there are as many cheats in WoW as there ever were in WCIII or D2. There's a forum (which I won't link to) which is nothing but cheats, exploits, hacks, bots etc for all Blizzard games. Guess what? WoW is their biggest section. Most game companies ban cheats, Blizzard just make more noise about it, it doesn't mean they are more successful or work harder at catching them.
 

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,647
Tbh Blizzard seem to do more then GoA or mythic, perhaps it doesnt help them that they get 'slightly' more players ?
 

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
117
Yeah there are as many cheats in WoW as there ever were in WCIII or D2. There's a forum (which I won't link to) which is nothing but cheats, exploits, hacks, bots etc for all Blizzard games. Guess what? WoW is their biggest section.
It's pretty simple : most cheating is there were most people are playing, that's why there are more sites with WoW cheats then DAoC cheats, but trust me, the DAoC cheat sites exist too.

Playing the game itself, I still have to hear about the first case of cheating so it certainly isn't as bad as the posters here try to make it look.
Also I suspect much of the material on those sites are macro's and all kinds of GUI add-ons, which are perfectly legal in WoW.
 

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
10,430
Enli said:
won't take long, believe me

and that would be like saying "i quit DAoC coz ppl use craft macros, speed hacks, radar etc etc etc etc....... so i could just as much turn your topic around and say, "i quit daoc because theres currently extreamly few lame cheaters in WoW....."

not that i acually quit DAoC, i just spend my time between the games coz i find them equally fun in diffrent ways...
 

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
1,064
Enli said:
yes people i know its warcraft 3
but still it remains the reason why i dislike games of blizzard
i've been a starcraft-,diablo2-player and each game i tried got corrupted
wow will not be different if blizzard hasnt changed their programming-style

and idd, daoc aint free of cheaters either but atleast u can't dupe stuff or things like that

so first off, you quit wow because blizzard are banning players in wc3?

hokey.....



and finally you quit wow and continued daoc because daoc doesnt have dupe-hack(which wow does, i use it ALL the time :eek: )


roiiitt...

whoa, can you guys feel that? feels like the world of azeroth got a couple of milligrams lighter :clap:
 

living

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
553
Well Blizzard is doing all they can to fight people abusing and cheating.. They got alot more players so ofc theres alot more ppl to make cheats too..

Good example:
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=82158&p=1&tmp=1#post82158

Banning 800 accounts because they were gold farming and selling it for RL money, thus ruining the game economy completely.

The teleport hack that was out a little while ago was removed within a week and all who used it got a perma ban.

Sends a clear sign what you get from cheating.. and not like daoc where they have to get like 10 warnings first
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Not noticed people duping all the l33t gear and flooding the market with it either. :p

DAoC has had at least one dupe hack in it's time too, who's to say there aren't more? Best quit DAoC enli - people could be duping items, RIGHT NOW!
 

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
478
Danya said:
Yes because there are no cheats for DAoC either... What's that? People can use radar? But surely that would be cheating... :p

At least blizzard actually act on it when they find people cheating.
right :eek: i know of atleast 2 dupe methods since beta and they are not fixed yet :m00:
 

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
478
Danya said:
Not noticed people duping all the l33t gear and flooding the market with it either. :p

DAoC has had at least one dupe hack in it's time too, who's to say there aren't more? Best quit DAoC enli - people could be duping items, RIGHT NOW!
Yes there was a dupe but it wasnt an exploit or bug, it was a server falue and everything got roll back'ed.
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
There was an exploit dupe as well. It got fixed fairly early on.
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Devaster said:
right :eek: i know of atleast 2 dupe methods since beta and they are not fixed yet :m00:
Really? Well I know of at least 4 dupes in DAoC that have been in since beta and not fixed!
 

gobblet

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
13
Doesn't WoW allow all kinds of macros? Like a macro to target all nearby totems and shoot a low-level DD at it if your a druid, stuff like that. As far as I know that's the case, and it's the one reason im not going near WoW.
 

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
324
gobblet said:
Doesn't WoW allow all kinds of macros? Like a macro to target all nearby totems and shoot a low-level DD at it if your a druid, stuff like that. As far as I know that's the case, and it's the one reason im not going near WoW.
In short, no

Macros to string spells and select targets aswell will only work if you give it a second wait after the spell length so it would be 2x as fast just to do it by hand and a hell of alot more reliable.

If your thinking of a recent MMORPG that allows you to afk xp etc easy then its SWG your thinking of
 

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,879
Hehe watch out for the fanbois out there to come zerg you.

Blizzard pwns for life!!!1111
 

Varvatos

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
42
I play both games, but i find daoc more interesting.

WoW tends to be more hack 'n slash and less strategy. In WoW there are lots of noobs and because of its graphics appearance attracts youngstres. In WoW I see lots of ppl asking for money or itmes, or invite to join a group without even asking if I want to. Even once they spammed me with a guild registration scroll to sign without saying a word!!! And when I told the guy that i'm not interested he started the /rude... God have mercy!!!

In DAoC I have a goals and the rvr system rocks. In WoW what I have to do all the time is get quest, go-there-&-do-that, etc. We have a strong guild in WoW, but even when we arrange raids, is pointless. The only reason for raids, is to practice to work as a team, but eventualy there is no strategy to it at all.

I believe though that WoW has potential. It's only 2 months old in EU. Noobs will get experience and start behave as they should, others that are high in /ignore lists will eventualy quit, cause nobody will pay attention to them.

That's my humble opinion ofc... ;)
 

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
270
I get the feeling that the average WoW player is slightly younger, more immature and more russian (atleast on warsong :p ) than the average daoc player, but you can't really compare the games just after 2 months. It took a while for daoc to get interesting for the rvr people aswell.

Still I feel that blizzard really need to develop pvp fast and far beyond this initial "honour-system" to keep my monthly $ donation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom