The pre NF albion rvr grps - where they gone ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
gratz to AoD for rp ding :clap: They seem to be the only one out of AoD/FL/PE that still run a nighly fg. Of couse other guilds are doing very well now, GoP springs to mind.

will we ever see FL/PE in the same sort of action they were in pre NF ?

other realms experiencing the same ?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
well, AoD always been the zergy type-of-"rvr guild", ofc they love NF xD

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
We never been the same since ToA, majority of the roster was old school players so were very bored with PvE and quit around then so we suffered from losing those which happens to all guilds really.Infact some mid guilds now have lost some of their old players too i believe so you rarely seem them out now like they used to be.

Mythic ruined the game a lot for the people who loved rvr as you can see :/

I am not inviting people currently because i think it's unfair with WoW around the corner since you do not know who is going to quit the game but prydwen and excalibur sure have lost a lot of players past few months :(

Oh well had good times fighting those guilds and fair play to everyone one of them, i really do mean that. :cheers:

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
Tsssk, I didn't name anyone.

The threadstarter did tho, and with your highly intelligent reply you're implying that all ppl from those guilds that has quit post NF where radar users.
Really, well done....

The fact that NF destroyed this game for most ppl that actually enjoyed fg rvr probably has no meaning at all. :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Ethild said:
<Insert witty radar banning remark here>.

You may aswell name them if you going to accuse people.I am pretty certain none in my guild used it or PE but if you feel that way then fair enough.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
I have no-one to name, I've not competed in FG RvR for a long long time. The original comment was meant in jest... alas nevermind.

Without any feedback from a certain GoA on the subject (to which there have been numerous threads already), the speculation is always going to continue.

Septina said:
.....Severance, nuff said :x
Septina said:
... and with your highly intelligent reply ...

Pot. Kettle. True story.

Night night ghoulert.

ghoulert

Fledgling Freddie
Dont try to sink my battleship of a brain with that advanced use of words!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
I have no-one to name, I've not competed in FG RvR for a long long time. The original comment was meant in jest... alas nevermind.

Without any feedback from a certain GoA on the subject (to which there have been numerous threads already), the speculation is always going to continue.

Pot. Kettle. True story.

Night night ghoulert.

one dumb post deserves another, atleast im not randomly accusing people of cheating just cause i'm grumpy that x person killed me one time too many. :)

ghoulert

Fledgling Freddie
i think someone here needs some penis in their mouth!

edit: nn Ethildio

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
PE died when the NF beta started, most of the core members either played the beta, went to excal, or just stopped playing. All that was left was me and some stealther alts, and with all the mids that were out soloing soon became too depressing, so I rolled a scout too (haven't rvred with her yet tho :p )... PE has now recruited some new members, tho we're still lacking any kinds of tanks (dunno if the guild leaders are gonna recruit any either), so mainly just running castery groups atm, but we're getting back to life atleast..

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
FL split up and lots of PE quit. That's what happened I guess. I think NF is very boring compared to OF when running a gank group. Havn't run in a group since NF came on prydwen really, only done a few runs on avalon. And I'm enjoying wow beta too much to play nf. :p

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
FL split up and lots of PE quit. That's what happened I guess. I think NF is very boring compared to OF when running a gank group. Havn't run in a group since NF came on prydwen really, only done a few runs on avalon. And I'm enjoying wow beta too much to play nf. :p

well gank groups was/is a very small % of daoc players, perhaps now the majority can enjoy being out in the frontiers more, a change for the better imo

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
lotts hibs still run 1fg's, dont see what the problem is tbh, NF caters for both just a little more open than emain of old, mmge to amge to apke to amge etc etc etc very small area

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
im still around....

browsing the forums while bored at work ;)

Mad

Fledgling Freddie
Grinding through ToA killed off Severance, like most I expect. Then you get hit with the NF zerg warfare (which is good for casual gamers though).

/slap Ethild btw.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
NF would rock without ToA (apart from the RA-system :p) for both open field and keep RvR, imo. With ToA both of them are pretty much unplayable :p

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
NF would rock without ToA (apart from the RA-system :p) for both open field and keep RvR, imo. With ToA both of them are pretty much unplayable :p

Solo is also available, again unplayable due to ToA :(

NF is imo a definite improvement over OF, just a pity ToA ruined it first.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that OF was about skills and RR's etc, while in NF it's just about pushing the button the quickest, or joining the biggest zerge/controlling the toughest siege machine...

Cleric in OF, you run around, try hide, have lots of space and a big battlefield, there's hills (where you dont get stuck coz of that you cant walk in to steep hills) and alot of other things to hide behind (things that dont have 10k aggro red con mobs or lvl 10 keep guards all over)..
Cleric in NF, you run into lords room, stand still, get FoP up, spam spread heal, try fight on open field, you dont have any room at all, coz of every single battle being fought close to enemy keep/tower due to the fact that there is no certain roaming areas where ppl dont whine at you, and the only way to get enemies out is to attack a keep

Siege equip is such huge skills, you have to push the button when the loading have reached the top.

Atleast now in the zerge the melee ppl should be useful again, as all casters should be pretty much constant interupted in siege battles coz of aoe everything.. (though i don't have a caster, so got no clue)

The most important thing is still that (when i play my chars) i don't feel like i have any room at all to navigate at all, it's just all about standing in 1 spot and spamming a button or two.. (i.e. assist+single nuke, spread heal, change BG around on differ casters etc)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Arethir said:
Siege equip is such huge skills, you have to push the button when the loading have reached the top.

actually, just make a /fire macro and hold it for a good 1hour and you got yourself a hole in a keep.... :m00:

Martok

Part of the furniture
i personaly dont zerg try to stay 1 fg or less depending on the time, I may not be an ubar melee charector i dont have the best SC in the world but its just as good for me to solo now as it was OF..

I have never had as much fun in RvR as i have in NF but all the keep takes do suck. the roaming about is good as you can try and play cloak and dagger runs against HIGH rr groups vs's your low rr group.. get the jump make em burn purge sos away... track them then make the jump again purge will be down on most of em!!! kill kill kill.... oh look rp's :clap:

works too :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom