The plague ToA brought with it... :/ [Not a I'm quitting post]

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've been playing this game for about 2 years now...
Had fun [cough] lvling my BD to 50... Then got more intio the game as I decided to buy a BB account, got my BB to 50 which I actually did like [:eek:!] and enjoyed the RvR aspect more of the game..
>Spends bloody time in RvR, being ganked by FGs and sometimes 2-3 people at a time<
>Gets to RR3L2/3<
>ToA gets released< [And the disease spawns]
I've been playing ToA since about 2-3 days after U.K release, enjoyed it at first, loved exploring the new zones with my best mate [irl] looking for dungeons etc [:p VERY unsucessful :-D]
Then MLs start... I join them, get ML1, ML2 and half of ML3 done... Then I notice people becoming insane about the MLs :/
[more work to do]
So I go out to RvR and it's dead apart from the people who were smart enough not to buy ToA and get ganked again.

Recently, LOADS of people have been leaving the game [some really close friends etc] and It's getting more boring, and work involved... less fun... Now I've pretty much lost all interest in the game even though I do play and try to RvR once in a while, but the same thing happens.

Is it just me who thinks ToA is a plague, or am I just some sad n00b?

Swebully

Fledgling Freddie
Think there is alot of people leaving because off toa ..
i aswell has lost interest totaly off the game after the toa release

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
>Spends bloody time in RvR, being ganked by FGs and sometimes 2-3 people at a time<

Don't know why this is an issue. I soloed my way to RR6L6 primarily as an unbuffed BD, and I didn't have much trouble with FG's, nor killing 2-3 people at a time. :)

>ToA gets released< [And the disease spawns]

You seem to forget that ToA is optional. Getting ML's give you an edge, sure, but I hardly think that your BD will get uber ganked just because you don't have, say Brittle guard from Convoker (which is about the only useful thing in that line, and it's not even that great) or that casting speed decrease thingie from Banelord (which is about the only really useful thing in that line, and it's not even that great).

Getting an artifact or two, or even three, shouldn't be that much of an issue either. Not that you'd have to, but some abilities and some cap utilities in those can be quite handy.

So I go out to RvR and it's dead apart from the people who were smart enough not to buy ToA and get ganked again.

No shit, Sherlock? RvR was dead for quite some time after SI got released, too. And no wonder, who doesn't want to explore new things?

I've been out in Emain a couple of times recently, as solo shaman. I'd say now is about the most optimal times for a BD to go out there, lots of soloers and duos there, which is perfect for a BD. You whine about FG's ganking you further up, well, now's your chance, I've only seen that Golden Shower gimp hib guild do regular full groups in Emain.

Recently, LOADS of people have been leaving the game [some really close friends etc] and It's getting more boring, and work involved... less fun... Now I've pretty much lost all interest in the game even though I do play and try to RvR once in a while, but the same thing happens.

If that's how you really feel, you ought to quit.

Is it just me who thinks ToA is a plague, or am I just some sad n00b?

No, but at least I do not agree with you. :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have never really cared about ML´s. I got ML1 spymaster so that I have those 20% more cash from mobs and that´s all. Maybe when 1.68 comes out and I am able to use the ML poisons I will climb alittle more in ML rankings.

Considering artifacts... I would never even have thought of getting any of those artifacts I have if it weren´t for my guild and alliance always helping eachother out when someone wants something. You can see everyday in /as someone who´s asking for help on some artifact and 5-10min later he has 2fg helping him out.

ToA is growing on me. I hated it at first with this endless scroll farming grind but now most of the scrolls can be bought on cm´s and tbh, it goes faster to farm the cash then farm the scrolls unless you are a lucky person (me myself spent 17+ hours for 1 scroll).

Although I have never enjoyed RvR as it is now. Alot of random pickup groups out running and not the usual gankgrp setup. Even me as a SB has gotten a grp from time to time :D

kain

Fledgling Freddie
The idea behind ToA is a good one, fecked up beyond my understanding by endless camping/farming.... Could have been good, but mythic made it into a freak joke time sink.

Roll on frontiers!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
ToA provides high level content. It's what the community has been whinging for for years. You don't HAVE to bother with it. ToA is fine imo. :)

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Hell yes to high level content, go to hell with farming mobs, camping for spawns and ml exp.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What other high level content did you have in mind ?

/flex competitions ?

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Well sounds like a laugh :)

But I saw it as a chance to add some great *scripted* PvE stuff, more story and adventure... Seems to be mainly a find and gank session, with no work put into making a deep adventure.

But seems to be they decided to increase the exspansions life span via long spawn timers and the need to camp mobs.

Slatelighttone

Fledgling Freddie
IMO definitely not worth quitting over. Can be a pain in the ar$e, I have died countless times running around in TOA solo (ah the life and death of a skald) but equally it can be great fun if you can pull a group (even if it is a random group) together.

Esran

Fledgling Freddie
I think one of the main reasons its a "find and gank" session is that everybody is just reading the spoilers, slapping the relevant groups together and ganking the trials. All the background, story and working out how encounters work etc. has already been done. I think to get the most out of TOA you'd need to spend less time ploughing through stuff as quickly as possible and more time talking to all the NPCs and exploring. It as afterall supposed to be MMORPG rather than a MMO beat-em-up.

So far all I've bothered to do is the Oceanus armor quests, which were reasonably easy and quite fun, and the ML1 solo step which also seemed ok. That said I did that by doing exactly what I was told by someone who'd done it before and read all the spoilers, rather than actually working on it myself. Thats one where I wonder if it is possible to get an idea of the capabilities of the possible opponents before you fight them. The first was easy so I thought I'd go for the full set rather than just finishing the quest, and got ganked 2nd time round. Maybe if I'd bothered to try talking to more NPCs I'd have been able to formulate an approach better.

If all you do is find spoiler, do spoiler, then of course its going to be tedious slog. And heavily camped as everyone instantly knows where to go rather than spread all over the map searching for clues.

Anyway, maybe in a couple of weeks time once I've settled into being 50 and sorted out getting a legendary tailor as well as my legendary armorer so I can make some hoopy kit I'll be able to give TOA a proper look and be right cheesed off along with everybody else it seems ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Person who quoted me.... I'm not complaining that I got killed, and BTW.. try being PAd 3 times in a row..

", I've only seen that Golden Shower gimp hib guild do regular full groups in Emain."

I've been in emain everynight this week... I've seen LOADS of FGs... And i've also seen the 2-4fg gank squads out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom