The Penalty is Too Much

E

Esoteric

This isn't a whine, just a fact. My point is if you die in pvp and if you get you're team resser to ress you, you still loose con points. After a while I eventually had to release and I was in shock to see half my con points missing, after being ressed a fair few times in the dungeon. This is too a heavy penalty for a small amount of fun.

Am thinking seriously of cancelling my sub now.... the game has lost its magic with me which is a shame cause I really did like it.

Maybe I will feel different in the morning about my old servers, camlann is definately getting a wide birth for now.

I thought the pvp was great fun tho. Most people behaved themselves and those that didnt got trampled on quite quickly. Some nice memories but as I said the penalty even if you get ressed is too much. And in the end you can't play properly cause you have substandard equipment due to spending all you're cash on con points.

Some thoughts
Wiccy.

E

Envenom2

hm im a minstrel and tbh i think im doing pretty well i have alot of stuff to buy and it isnt cheap but now im lvl 15 the cash is just starting to roll in nicely.

N

noob_pride

They need to lower the price per con point to 1 copper for any char..

S

seranu

And how would you suppose the Healers would afford to make a living? Picture them coming home and telling their children and wife that they've gathered 3 silver and 45 copper that day. And it was a good day...
Poor healers :(

O

old.Pascalean

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't lose any con for PK's as it usually isn't any fault of your own. Sure if you get killed by a mob then you obviously werent paying attention or you bit off more than you could chew, but so often you get PK'd while you're just standing there minding your own business.

Also I reckon the fact that everyone is the same kind of level makes it worse too, 90% of the players are between 1 and 20 right now and we're all treading on each others toes. When the population spreads out then you'll have maybe 25% of people running around the starter zones instead of ALL of them. By that time probably there'll be less people as well and you'll get ganked less often.

Have faith... happier times are ahead :D

O

old.chipper

i think u should only lose 1 con point not 3 its too muc for the lower lvls

O

old.tRoG

daoc wasnt designed to be in a pvp enviroment, so theres gonna be problems like that.

besides, you cant die THAT much.

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by old.tRoG
besides, you cant die THAT much.

really?? my first try to play on pvp when it went live got me down to 2 con and 0 copper about 45 mins after i dinged 10...

so u CAN die THAT much...

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Thorgald

really?? my first try to play on pvp when it went live got me down to 2 con and 0 copper about 45 mins after i dinged 10...

so u CAN die THAT much...

Only if u suck :)

T

Thorgald

ah ok... didnt know i sucked when i zoned out from Jorheim and got insta killed the moment i showed up on the other side..

thanks for clarifying that.....

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Thorgald
ah ok... didnt know i sucked when i zoned out from Jorheim and got insta killed the moment i showed up on the other side..

thanks for clarifying that.....

Immunity timer... cant "instakill" :)

T

Thorgald

they can if the target has a crappy computer as i have.. :) takes me about a minute and a half just to load.. so the imunity timer expires at the same time as my screen changes from the loading screen... :)

O

old.Mirandalia

The loading immunity timer ends when you stop loading, as in you see the world again and not loading screen.

The only 'timer' is when you die and release, and it's 90sec. 1min and a half.

K

kr0n

No it doesnt, it gives you a message "Your immunity timer has run out blaah blaah" etc... tho its like 5-10 secs :)

G

Garnet

also what is annoying is that you lose con for dying to a monster even if you get resed.....

O

old.Tzeentch

you dont :x

otherwise

i would be at very low con by now..
zerg xp, and die quite a few times if you are lowbie.. never had con loss if i got rezzed

O

old.job

It is true, how many times have you logeed in a dodgy spot, and found your character getting attacked when the game appears or an invite to a grp pops up just as you log in, it's cos others can see you before you can see yourself, the slower your pc the longer your there.

O

old.Pascalean

Not sure about this. If you watch another player logging in they will stand there for a few seconds and after a while you'll see their legs twitch a bit. This is the point where you actually enter the game and from watching my buff-bot PC, it's the point where the immunity timer begins to count down. The timer doesn't start until you are actually in-game and able to move.

S

StormriderX

Dunno about this 2 con business never lost more than 3 ever.

D

Danya

Originally posted by kr0n
No it doesnt, it gives you a message "Your immunity timer has run out blaah blaah" etc... tho its like 5-10 secs :)
Not much good when a chanter pet is already chain nuking you. :p

L

Lusse

odd. I thought that when ressed you didnt lose con points. Im almost sure I read that on the release notes

D

Delket

Originally posted by seranu
And how would you suppose the Healers would afford to make a living? Picture them coming home and telling their children and wife that they've gathered 3 silver and 45 copper that day. And it was a good day...
Poor healers :(

God if you going off that basis, the ones on regular servers must have their entire family in 100% mp clothers, fully spellcrafted with all the vital stats.
How much u reckon they made since retail ? :S

O

old.Kladen

they should make a rule.

if you didnt kill anyone before you get PK you dont lose any constition.

if you kill say 10 people then someone kills ya you lose a hell of a lot.

this might reduce the pain in the ass dungeon campers and exp killings/ capitial city campers.

too bad it wont be put in and i dont know why im typing this.

R

recontour

For your alls information there is going to be a change to this is next patch, they are going to set imunity timer from 5 seconds to 30 seconds when u zone.
Another thing, if u think its exspensieve dieing at low levels you have no idea, each death cost rufly 18g on lvl 50.. so look forward to that.
It shouldnt be so hard either to gather some cash... And there are Teleporters for a reason if the city is being camped.
From jordhaim u can allways port Mularn, noone is ever camping that, and in camelot u can port humberton, noone camps that either... Ardee and MM is a different business, but with a little l33t skill u can avoid campers there aswell.

J

Jiggs

i do agree its a little much losing the 3con every time especially if its a purple con ganking you when you are 'just' green to them...

i dont mind if i lose it to a orange or red even but the only change i feel is that when someone above red kill u perhaps only lose 1con or something.

that would make sense

R

recontour

Just keep in mind u can kill people that dosnt have "reward" and still gain money... so yeah u can lose money quick..but if u are a true pvp player " as myself " you will just kill anyone that gives you money that you aint allied with ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom