TV The pacific.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
So anyone gonna be watching parts 1&2 on sky movies tonight?

It's from the makers of band of brothers so it's gotta be worth the watch.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Already downloaded and watched them. Its very good... it's pretty much band of brothers in the pacific, same format etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i thought it was pretty crap compared to Band of Brothers tbh,
if you're bored its worth a watch but i certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch it

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I will by Sky+'in it - Am I right to say that someone said that it started the other week though? :S

Aada

Part of the furniture
Wish i had Sky Movies just for this but i refuse to pay their prices.

Hope it comes to Bluray.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Seen the first four...

Very disappointed. Band of Brothers is probably my favourite show ever made and this doesnt come close. Doesn't feel as real, dialogue is poor, so far i couldnt give a shit about any of the characters and not much has happened.

I prefered BoB's formula of following one company rather than some random people. I know you shouldnt compare really, but it was always going to happen.

Also so far the few battle scenes have been in pitch black conditions.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I will by Sky+'in it - Am I right to say that someone said that it started the other week though? :S
The 4th ep aired on US last night, UK is behind but I downloaded since i expected it to be worth buying on bluray :/

gohan

I am a FH squatter
agree with most, not seen 4th yet as i was at i39 this weekend with d/l speeds of 30kbs xD

but 1st 3 eps have had very little caracter development, don't even really know any1's name yet other than marine 1 marine 2
marine 2'2 little brotehr that couldn't go ect

action and banter havent been as good either, it may be partialy to do with the fact i haven't really ever looked into the japan/us war in WW2

and the EU part of BoB appealed to me

but i don't think thats it.... will carry on watching but so far it's missable

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They tried to focus on character development in ep3 with the romance but i just didn't enjoy it. Also after BoB, the last thing i was expecting/wanting was a whole episode dedicated to Romance.

Reminds me of Pearl Habour ;<

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I like Leckie. Sure hes not Private Toye or Mayor Winters, but still hes becoming quite an interesting character after Episode 4.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I agree with all you've said, but its still decent apart from the night fights where you may aswell just have the sound as you can't really see anything 'till the next morning! WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR EMOTIONS SHOW US MORE DEAD BADGUYS!:flame::flame:

gohan

I am a FH squatter
I like Leckie. Sure hes not Private Toye or Mayor Winters, but still hes becoming quite an interesting character after Episode 4.

ye i know but 1 guy?
in bob u had sybill to hate from ep 1

and bob had dick winters joe toye bill garnier malarky popeye buck compton bull randelman doc rowe babe heffron c. lipton georgy luz lew nixon perconte shifty powers

and a load more than were bit parts like webster or lt spiers or hoobler and hieliger or muck ect ect

but in this i littrally know 1 name.....

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i know eugene sledge aswell but i'd read about some of the events/people prior to the series.

There was so much promise :(

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
ye i know but 1 guy?
in bob u had sybill to hate from ep 1

and bob had dick winters joe toye bill garnier malarky popeye buck compton bull randelman doc rowe babe heffron c. lipton georgy luz lew nixon perconte shifty powers

and a load more than were bit parts like webster or lt spiers or hoobler and hieliger or muck ect ect

but in this i littrally know 1 name.....

How many times have you seen BOB? I'm sure you didn't know all those names after watching it for the first time..

Why do I know more names than you in the pacific.. maybe you should pay just abit more attention? So far I'm liking the pacific and i'm sure there are a couple of great episodes coming (Peleliu Airfield, Iwo Jima etc)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed parts one and two, but like others have said - wtf was happening in most of the fights? It conveyed the confusion of war very well but with blacked out faces, muffled voices and hardly any light it was rather difficult to identify just who was fighting and who these people were that we'd only been introduced to ten minutes before.

I'm sure we were supposed to feel sad when some bloke got killed but I didn't know who he was and was frankly relieved there were now less people to keep track off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom