The old Transparent UI, how to get it?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I hate the Atlantis and SI UIs, I just want to use the Transparent one I've been using for ages. It was a normal in-game UI, not a custom one, but doesn't seem to be there any more in 1.75. Anyone know how I get the Transparent UI back? I don't want to (nor should I have to be forced to) mess about with custom UIs - how do I get the Transparent one back?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Not the same at all, I just want the UI I've been using for like 2 years back...just tried BioMod but it's really drab and ugly, and I shouldn't really have to use a custom UI at all. Was perfectly happy with the in-game one.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
see if you can find someone who's supporting it - it takes a lot of dev time to update all the UIs so they stopped supporting all but a few of the default ones unfortunately.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In 1.75 the only 'official' UIs are the ToA skin and the SI skin, the others have been dropped. If you want a transparent UI you'll need to look for a custom one I'm afraid.
1.75 Patch Notes said:
- To better focus our efforts on user interface enhancements, we are officially dropping support for several of our less popular user interface skins. The only skins available in the Catacombs/Atlantis clients are now the Trials of Atlantis-style Skin, the Shrouded Isles-style skin, and any Custom Skins. Shrouded Isles clients do not support custom skins, and will only be able to use the Shrouded Isles-style skin.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
FFS I've used that UI for, like, ever...what a totally retarded decision by Mythic.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
it should still be under your toa skins just copy paste it into custom and tada you have your skin back ;)

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
BAH, so get someone who hasn't downloaded 1.75 yet to upload it and the rest of us can download it :p? Or won't that work?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah, well pissed off, never used those silly custom UI's always used the goddam one used the first day I played, now eets gonee

bwaaaaah :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
upload it to where ? i stil have it under mythic/toa/ui/minimal and running 1.75
have to copy-paste it to custom tho and run it as a custom skin :p

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Someone rar it up for safekeeping, in case that they decide to delete the default files.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Someone rar it up for safekeeping, in case that they decide to delete the default files.

why dont you just safe it for you self?

If its not still in the ui folder get your toa cds install toa again rename it or what ever dont update it and take it out of that ui folder and place it in yours might have to rename to custom.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
OK got bit confused, I always used the classic UI, now copy -pasted it into my custom folder and now got half classic-half SI, any idea how to get it all back?

Yes old school,that's me :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
You can always use PSP9 or Photoshop to alter the existing UI and turn them into a custom UI, I think you have to create a green background (someone back me up here) and pain the items you want transparent with it, something like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom