The Official WoW Discussion! (Let's talk wow)

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
I was in a post making mood so i wrote this thread.

Let's discuss classes, races and professions. I think the faction debate is over, and some nice talk is needed for Final beta coming soon.

So what class to you all intend to play and why?
What race is teh sexest and most effect pvp and pve?
And my friend English says fishing uber :D
What race do you think is the best for you?
Any plans on guilds or even planned leveling raids?

Personally im going to be going with mage. After trying both Priest and mage classes for a short while i realised that as a shadow priest people will expect me to heal a lot. I dont mind but personaly i want to be causing damage and not using all my mana keeping people alive, leaving me with nothing to nuke with. Currently im gunna keep playing the priest to see if mindflay is as good as people say.

As for professions I tried fishing with English. And how boring is fishing!. All fishermen do is search the land looking fo water. stand there for ages and watch for the cork to bob :p Maybe Alchemy as i like the look of those fire shields.

Races usualy go on personal preference. I really dont like having a beared, being 2ft tall or a lookalike mangoat. I like to roll chars as close to human as possible. Unless it gives me a pvp advantage ofc. Btw, has anyone ever seen a female dwarf? :eek7:

I really cant see room for PVP like daoc had. But i do see in the future that pvp will either consist of zergs or gank groups. But since the highest guard ive seen in cities has been level 62, i doubt a couple of level 60's wont be able to rape a city.

Currently im on US servers atm havin a blast. One thing did strike me though. Many people in the alliance spam the general chat with "whats the best class" and "who does most damage" questions. Another thing that frustrate me was the amount of wine threads on the US forums and the amount of "Why did he kill me? im a l33t pawnz0r paladin!" spams.
Also people dont know common MMO terms like CC,Nuke or tank. Maybe its just because i havnt passed the level 20 mark and its just new starters. :D

My overall short experience shows the games quite well balanced as every class is intended to be able to solo to some point. The game mainly revolves around questing, But i find the rewards qute cool. I havnt even touched on pvp really so ied like someone to show their experience and maybe what they thing pvp is like atm.

For the future, when WoW does hit EU. I do hope that FH doesnt end up with a spam of "They nerfed me again!" threads ect. The forum community over there seems to turned into a Civil War. The smarter people just say reroll.

Eldwin

Fledgling Freddie
well planning on a NE feral druid here although i hear lots of complaints about how under powered they are i trust blizzard to sort things good :). Why feral druid well i've always wanted to beable to shapeshift into bears and stuff and also being able to heal/cast DD when not polumorphed sounds pretty good to me :) . Was thinking either hunter or warlock then thought hey every tom, dick and harry will play one...and after checking some stats i was right every tom,dick,harry and halft here families are playing damn warlocks/hunters.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'll be playing as an undead Shadow Priest.

Why? Why not.... always hated it in DAOC when you didn't have a healer around, so you couldn't have a decent group.
As a priest, any group I'm in has a healer.... my problem solved.
Secondly, the shadow priest can do some mean damage if he gets the chance, and he has a huge bag of tricks. Can also solo reasonably well.
And people always need priests for Elite quests.... damn its good to be popular :D
I played a Thane in DAOC (RR5, no RvR guild, I rock, etc), so I know when I'm not wanted. Not gonna happen in WoW :D

Why undead? Well, undeads are cool. 10% resist to shadow is pretty nifty... and they look better as priests than Trolls. A troll priest? Pur lease... not in my WoW lore.

Why hordw? Alliance seems too much like Albion, and hey, I like being the bad guys. If I wanted to make the world a better place I'd donate money to Red Cross, rather than play WoW.

:)

Ottar

Fledgling Freddie
> Btw, has anyone ever seen a female dwarf?

Last time I saw one was in L2 beta and boy, were they cute! :)

As for feral druids, bear form just got nice armor boost (from 125% to 360% in dire form, bit less for normal teddy). Now, what this got me thinking was high end instances. If bear armor is indeed now close to warrior plate and hp is pretty much the same, then the druid has significant advantage over a warrior for keeping aggro. Can use bear taunts.. but better yet, when taking damage, he can switch out from caster, cast a heal or two, back to bear. And nothing gets aggro quite as well as healing does. So, for horde, druid might become a very good alternative to warrior as a high end pve tank.

Anyway. Been looking at several classes, current interest is in undead warlock. Best not to get too attatched to any class yet, the game is still undergoing some rather radical balancing. Can only pray they get most of it done before euro retail.

Ottar

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Gonna play a Human Mage on EU when it releases. Why? Becauses mages are a fun and solid class, and since i generally dislike the "pure" tank thing and played support in DaoC for 2.5 years I found out that I want to do some damage. Playing Horde on US servers nowadays because I dont want to spoil any surprises going Alliance, (dont wanna do the grind exactly the same twice :p) like quests etc. (no really Talivar forced me :( )
Gonna play on a PvP server (ye I know they are bad) with like minded people, altho which one I dont know, but I will be playing with my friends, from daoc and/or irl.

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
I'm planning on playing a druid, mostly because I like the idea of being able to adapt depending on the situation. I see it as being a very fun and varied class to play. I haven't decided on a talent spec yet, I plan on trying it out in the open beta and seeing what skills I end up using the most before deciding on one. The race? Tauren, since the rest of my guild are going horde making it a very easy decision for me to make. :p

Youwill

Fledgling Freddie
-------------------------------------------------
Priest,Troll.
I have tried undead and Troll, liked Troll better , unknown why, but Troll is more me :D

What race is teh sexest and most effect pvp and pve?
------------------------------------------------------
Orc female is ze Zexy :D Most effect pvp and pve? dont understand the question? :D

And my friend English says fishing uber
------------------------------------------
`??
What race do you think is the best for you?
----------------------------------------
Troll ? did't i just answer that one?

Any plans on guilds or even planned leveling raids?
---------------------------------------------------

Aint it all just to get to lvl 60, then kill that dragon? over and over and over again, untill blizzard upgrades the game , then kill something elese, then kill the dragon again... its gonna be so mutch fun

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Youwill said:
Aint it all just to get to lvl 60, then kill that dragon? over and over and over again, untill blizzard upgrades the game , then kill something elese, then kill the dragon again... its gonna be so mutch fun
You might want to read up a bit more about the game :) *tip, this isn't FFXI*

seaotter

Fledgling Freddie
After discovering i had been invited to closed beta 17 days after the email<---wasnt a happy bunny<inserts long whine about wife and kids having there own email accounts on the same computer> I am now really set on going dwarven holy priest this may be due to the fact that my wife wants to play a damage class. But having said that I am just enjoying the whole exploring/finding different areas at the moment knowing that it doesnt matter which class you are there is an opportunity to solo and the fact that you dont have to spend 15 mins on a horse to continue a quest is a blessing.

seaotter/otter/mrsotter/docotter/bigotter all 50 on pryd/alb

<tbh i dont think my characters are crap i think its me>

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ottar said:
Can use bear taunts.. but better yet, when taking damage, he can switch out from caster, cast a heal or two, back to bear. And nothing gets aggro quite as well as healing does.
Shapeshifting drains loads of mana though, so don't count on using that technique all too often :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Intend to play an undead warlock on a regular server, with a tauren shaman alt. No such thing as a "PvE" server because people can PvP anywhere and anytime they choose to on the regular servers, especially so when battlegrounds is introduced.

Saw in Shadowbane just how much people like to gank you whilst levelling, and the initial batch of WoW videos have shown that - lo and behold - most of the PvP server action has been of the same ilk. Hey if you want to go and play that have fun, but it's not my choice :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I am not entirely sure yet but I have been leaning towards either undead priest (shadow spec) or maybe a undead warlock. All I know is I am going for horde and undead. Like someone else said being an daoc player alliance feels to much like Albion aka mainstream. :)

May end up with a mage also if they seem like fun. I havent given PvP aspects much thought yet as I will probably focus on getting my char to 60 at first, though during the beta I will probably only play them to 15-20 something and then try a new class.

Considering guilds I dont know but I have a bunch of friends that are planning on starting up a horde guild so might tag along on that.

I am looking forward at trying out WoW as I am pretty dissapointed with DAoC atm.

Though I fail to see how they ever will be able to screw up balance in WoW as all the classes are basicaly the same apart from what 2 classes? Paladin and Shaman right?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Classes im split on playing?

Shaman/Pally

Races? Tuaren/Dwarf!

Server? PVP ofc!

Professions? Pally= Mining/smithy

Shammy= Skinning Leatherworking at lvl 40 i may change to smithy/mining because shamans get to wear mail/chain at lvl 40

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Shammy= Skinning Leatherworking at lvl 40 i may change to smithy/mining because shamans get to wear mail/chain at lvl 40

Think one of the Artisan leatherworking directions has mail as well.

I am currently debating between Orc Warrior and Undead Rogue. From the polls in my guild a lot of people are going Druid/Priest/Shaman so I won't need to roll a healer to start with, much as I like them. I loved my warrior in US Open, but I think I might try a Rogue in EU Open to see if I like the playing style.

If i am warrior I will definetely go Mining and probably Blacksmithing. As a Rogue probably Herbalism/Alchemy. I'll also level up an Enchanting alt with the green drops i get (I realise I'll have to level it up as well, but I'll jsut do it as it comes), This will probably be a priest, and have tailoring as an alternative profession. I don't do pet classes.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
The funny thing is, "everyone" sees Alliance as the new albion, and thus join Horde.

Guess what happens when "everyone" is joining Horde?

Aada

Part of the furniture
TBH i dont care what other people think il go with what i like so far im split on both sides.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
It was always going to be a hunter, the class outline seemed more hunterish than DAoC. So with that all predestined, I had a plan for creating a human hunter, rock, then the races that could be hunters was announced, FuzzyLogic was a sad panda. Nevermind however, Night Elves can still be hunters...but I didn't want to be a Night Elf so I had a gander at a few polls and the Orc looked fairly unpopular as a choice for hunters, there was my choice decided, an Orc Hunter.

Of course when the racial traits were announced they didn't become so rare anymore but after playing one in the US open beta I didn't care, the Orcish hunter rocked. Woke up one morning to find a closed beta invite for the EU beta, woo I thought, but alas with going Horde I ought to play Alliance a little, you know, to scout the enemy classes a little *ahem* and promptly made a Night Elf Hunter (female). Now she's the most darling character imaginable and along with the other 3498322349 Night Elf hunters (though to be fair i've probably seen more NE Druids than hunters :p) she plods along completing quests and having the odd suicidal jump from Shadowglen tower, though on the whole simply enjoying her stay in Tendrassil while I'm biding me time to make the Orc Hunter of doom(tm).

Then something happens, I become attached to her, as if when the FB ends i'm going to miss the fair elfen lady I've placed so little time into, that i've ignored playing because I didn't want to turn to the Alliance, didn't want to wander around the pretty forests any more than I had to, I'm an Orc! roaming around the barrens with a raptor for a pet.

But no, now it looks like I may be a pretty elfen lass with a kitten. :(

As for guilds, no plans whatsoever. Going to join a random PvE server and see how the world takes me. If I find a guild; bonus, if not, I'll still have me kitten to keep me company. :) Of course how i'll join raids I don't know yet, maybe i'll just cry until someone invites me out of pity, maybe i'll offer lapdances in return for joining a raid. Who knows, it hasn't happened yet, but it will, oh yes..it will *cackles*

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I was convinced i was going to be a mage. But after playing a hunter in the US stress test and open beta i'm not sure anymore, so much utility ;D. Dwarf hunter or human mage (nightelf in the background shouts: "you humans don't know what your dealing with!!!!"). Why dwarf ? this and the boomstick! ;)

If im going mage ill pick up enchanting and tailoring as tradeskills, if hunter then skinning and leatherworking, later I might switch to mining and blacksmith.

I have no idea whats the most effective PVP or PVE class is. Haven't played every class yet. They all seem to have their strong and weak points.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
The funny thing is, "everyone" sees Alliance as the new albion, and thus join Horde.

Guess what happens when "everyone" is joining Horde?
Well that only goes for the daoc population.
Im pretty sure alot of Warcraft(and others ofc) gamers will play aswell and from what i have understood they mostly go for alliance for teh uber NE.
Might be just me. Anyway I hope alliance will be like 60% because I want to play UD mage.

Darac

Fledgling Freddie

Tauren Druid, because it seems like the type of class that would be a challenge to play, but if played well could totally rock :)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
i think the Horde will have the most on PvP servers while alliance will have most on the Regular servers.

But Ill join Alliance on a PvP server as Gnome Rouge and NE shadow priest :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I was dead set on horde/pvp until recently, but now im not so sure. PvE servers might actually not be so bad from a pvp point of wiew once the battlegrounds are implemented, and you wont have to worry about getting randomganked while your not in the mood for pvp.

And as for Horde, well, my initial thought was i wanted to be on the less populated side (i have a thing for underdogs and beating the odds etc), but now it seems horde might actually be more populated at least on pvp servers (and on pve servers it doesnt matter much). And gnomes are cool :)

As for class, well ive only tried Priest so far in US open beta so dont know how fun the others are. Might try a warrior or shaman if horde, or mage if alliance i think. Only sure about one thing and that is *no* paladin for me (such an absurdly overplayed class :eek7: ).

Guess ill make up my mind in Final Beta.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
I'll be playing as an undead Shadow Priest.

Why? Why not.... always hated it in DAOC when you didn't have a healer around, so you couldn't have a decent group.
As a priest, any group I'm in has a healer.... my problem solved.
QUOTE]

I rolled a cleric after that,there was allways another class the group wanted :mad:

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
What server type are you playing on?

so i searched the forums for a similar thread to this and was surprised that i didn't find one, so ive started one..

Im probably going to play PvP with my priest, but might start a Hunter on a Normal Server.

Im staying away from Role Playing servers, the people on those scare me.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
wouldnt recommend PvP to people that grind their teeth when getting killed by others :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom