The Official-Unofficial /level 20 Poll!

What to you think should happen to the /level 20 command

• I would like to see the /level command be removed.

Votes: 303 49.1%
  • I would like the /level command to be left on all servers.

Votes: 288 46.7%
  • I do not wish to respond

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
Possible removal of /level 20

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

I dont realy know if its apropriate to have a public vote on /level 20. I think the majority of people with level 50's dont greatly care about this, although removeing it would be small inconvinience and therefore something i asume most people will be voting against.
However new players who join the game to find the starting towns are empty are getting hit very hard by it. I certainly hope the desision wont be taken purely on the vote and that the benefits of people not yet playing the game will be taken in to account.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
If new players are coming into the game, removal would be better.

Otherwise it doesn't matter much, 1>20 doesn't take very long. Only Thidranki addicts would notice it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
"No ToA, No Buffbot Server"

Should be: "No ToA, No Buffbot, No New Frontiers Server"

If it were I'd go for that :)

Removing the /level 20 wouldn't bother me too much, though I sense a mass-whine inc.

ESCAPE said:
Only Thidranki addicts would notice it.
Only Thidranki addicts would notice it.

Bye Bye Thugs \o/

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I voted for removing it. That way alts might join new players in groups, and encourage new blood into the game.

Darzil (who hasn't used it on his last 5 alts)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Make 1-50 about 10% faster first, then remove /level 20.

I've voted no on the polls, as I seriously doubt GOA would bother making the rest of the levels easier to compensate for the loss of the /level command.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
If new players are coming into the game, removal would be better.

Otherwise it doesn't matter much, 1>20 doesn't take very long. Only Thidranki addicts would notice it.

theres menna be BGs from lvls 1-45 isnt there? so we should have more activity in BG1-4 and 5-9 :( please?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Make 1-50 about 10% faster first, then remove /level 20.

I've voted no on the polls, as I seriously doubt GOA would bother making the rest of the levels easier to compensate for the loss of the /level command.

Um - hasn't free levels already made it much faster ?

Not to mention new quests, mini quests, task dungeons ?

Darzil

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
No buff bots?

Won't the new catacombs classes that were designed to combat BB's be overpowered?

Stealthers will struggle to compete as they normally attack buffed players but they themselves won't be buffed... except rangers and hunters...

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Get rid of /level 20 personally.

Bring back water beetle Groups :p

Soulja

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
/level 20 isnt needed with all the nwe quests and the likes now - along with free levels...

get rid of it:) bring back salisbury plains groups!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Um - hasn't free levels already made it much faster ?

Not to mention new quests, mini quests, task dungeons ?

Darzil

Removing something which makes levelling easier for people is a step backwards though.

Tilda

/level only makes it easier to level if you have a lvl 50 though.
People complain about no new players, however then all vote against something that would make life loads easier for them.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Makes the game easier now tbh with the /level

But im all for scrapping the /level system

Might see fgs again struggle to take down salisbury giants ;)

Oh yea and some people in the graveyard to the west of Prydwen Keep ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
remove level 20, mithra needs new blood.
no toa, no bb server sure, but why not remove NF also... oh well.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
remove level 20, mithra needs new blood.
no toa, no bb server sure, but why not remove NF also... oh well.

though catacombs classes are kinda silly versus unbuffed opponents (vampiir for example)

Xoo

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see it changed to /level 5. I know 1-5 has only gotten easier, but I still see it as a useless pain in the arse. :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i voted to remove it, level 20 may not be much to us these days but i remember it was quite a mile stone when i started out, new players dont have anyone to group with really, its a real shame.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes remove it, but still allow 24 only lvl 20 for Thid addicts

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I voted to remove it for the reasons other people have already given.

There are much better ways of rewarding players who have a level 50 without screwing over new players or delete Y-E-S addicts.

Aeva

Banned
I saw a new player (I think he was a new player) wondering around PKnot long ago, he didn't know where to go/what to do and no one to talk to/group with, I regret not rolling a char to play with him now :(
depressing, really

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
voted for "remove it", when /level got implemented the situation was really different...Now it's not hard to level from 1-20 and it ain't that boring either, I have played a skald from lvl 1 till 18 on an American server with the free 7 day trial, lots of fun there with some activity in the lower lvl battlegrounds :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
yes remove it! only good can come of it in my opinion. at the moment all it does is isolate new players and put people off, and we need as many new players as we can get.

I know many disagree because it means they cannot just reroll and /level but in all honesty it is easy enough to get to 20 with all the new doodahs in the game, and since you would have at least 1 lvl 50 you still have a head start in terms of money, items, friends and ingame experience.

Most new players do not have any of these perks and the way I see it is we need to get them into the mainstream game and by removing this command I think will be a step towards doing that.

Personally I think the idea of keeping it on is rather selfish towards people who already have level 50s, I think by voting to keep it you are just saying I dont care about how it effects others as long as it means I can reroll and save a day of exping whenever I feel like it, who cares if it turns new people away I was here first so I should get the benefits. Thats just the way I perceive(sp?) it anyway.

Ok it might set you back a day or so of leveling to reach 20 but thats a small price to pay if it means you end up helping others get started in the game and you never know, you might just make some new friends!

Im all for it being removed! :clap:

Jerjerod

Fledgling Freddie
My post asking as to wether it was sensible to poll existing players got moded in to a poll of existing players :p

Also i accidentaly voted for keeping level becuse i didnt read the possible answers properly :(

Good to see the majority of people here can see the good reasons for scraping it though.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Saying scrap it though, your still gonna find pbaoe groups with 4 leechs in it :<

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I've said from the start it would be detrimental (oo long word) to the game in the long term! Sure it's fine for 50s, but think of the newbies :( it's not like its hard to get to 20... would at most take 3 days, and maybe if new people sign up we can see new players playing with old and passing on a bit of experience instead of some level 40 paladin saying, whats gaurd and protect? whats aggro? because they've never been in a group before :p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
To make an informed decision, you should know why the /level command was made: To help people moving to a new server and fight underpopulation problem. Why people avoided moving to new servers? Because they had a hard time at start, everyone remembered how hard it was to reach level 20 for the first time. With /level they got a way to start at thidranki, something they like. But there are numerous patches, where Mythic tried to make /level less popular. Why? Most people seen the reasons, but it is just one part of the picture. How would you start on a server with just /level and free equipment? As you can guess: Leveling the old way is better. So /level didn't help, but made new problems.

With Foundations, they added trophies and you had to farm some low level stuff, with new frontiers they added new battlegrounds, with catacombs... Some might ask, where the fixes for the problems are in TOA? The question is simple: You can get scrolls, items, etc. in xp groups in toa land, can do quests, MLs, etc. BEFORE reaching level 50, and it can help people to form xp groups, and not just PL and /level. Clustering and RvR missions (and FoP nerf, etc) all have effect in making some PL plans harder, and less effective. It is about going back to xp, have groups, a friend community. Have both old and new players starting lives on new servers.

When GOA said EU is different, and Clustering is a bit different story here they probably had many reasons. But lets see an interesting one: It can create underpopulation problems (why would you make new characters on new server, if you can't try a new realm? If you can't try anything new, why keep playing and don't just buy another game?).While clustering can fill the RvR areas with new players, this can make PLing at some spots hard, and RVR missions send people to these spots, and also with ability to recruit from 2 servers, the chances for groups are better (this helps), it is a risky move at best. If PL stays, and no good chances for groups, a permanent clustering can essentially ruin the game.

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
i voted remove /level

never really use it, normally wait till guildies/mates want to make a new toon then lvl the old way.
Had a lot of fun doing that.

I remember last year, me and a guild mate (who has now left game) use to make a new toon every few weeks, race each other to 5, then group and have a laugh lvl'ing to 15-20, then delete and start again a few weeks later.

Meet some nice people doing that, and the odd noobie or rerollers.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
(who hasn't used it on his last 5 alts)

Makes you a real champion.

If new players keep coming to game, I'd have it removed, but else not.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Remove the /level commands, or maybe replace it with /level 5. On second thought, remove it completely, forever.

Before I quit, I signed some of my friends up with a DAoC trial account and we happilly played. We did encounter some new players, but not a lot. I think I've seen 2 or 3 new players in the whole of Prydwen Albion.

Now, DAoC's learning curve is pretty steep. WHen I first logged in, and looked at the interface I cringed. I had no idea what to do. It'd take me longer to reach the 'proper' levels (20 and so on) if there weren't these other 5 newbies and 2 oldies (level 30+, heh) who had rolled alts and basically lead the group.

I duo'd a bit with my friends and on one occasion there we grouped to do Mithra, I'm glad I helped them, maybe DAoC had two new players since then, but man, they did go through a struggle to get to that level and place before I picked 'm up. And that's just wrong.. The first few levels are actually supposed to be fun. And imo, the only thing that made the grinding in DAoC fun were the groups, in my opinion. Now things are different because of Catacombs, but meh.. I do think that the /level command practically helped in destroying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom