The night (and morning) we took thid (long)

D

-dewey-

This tale starts late friday night, albs are killing mids, mids are killing albs, hibs are hiding in their keep ;) (only joking). As the night turned to morning and the albs and hibs left thid we were left all alone, a group of around 12 mids attacking the odd lurikeen or briton that came. After an hour of this a few of us began to grow restless, and the suggestion to take the keep was made, at first we thought we could bash the door in.. how wrong we were, after 10mins of chopping at the door and not even damaging it we had lost hope. There was talk of rams but I never thought it would become reality.

Anyway, through boredom, Me (Dewey, Skald extordinaire) another Skald (Shudder, our guide and also Skald extordinaire) and a hunter (sorry :( complicated name) set out to bled to get ram supplies, armed with only our speed spells and desire to do something we made it to bled without being killed (/clap Shudder!!!). This is were the fun began, after we organised the ram parts we were all heavily burdened, so much so that we could hardly move, we were originally going to attack hpk but we decided it would be easier on our backs to just suicide on the nearest mob... anyway, 5 mins later no mob had appeared, after another minute or so of desperate searching we found one and returned to huginfel.

On the horse to svasud the worst happened, I went LD... I came back to find myself heavily burdened at quite possibly the point furthest away from any stable master. Luckly for me a shaman came past, asking for directions to vasud, I showed her the way and in return she buffed me up! I continued along the path until I came to svasud, by the time we had ported most of the wood had been organised, we waited at mpk and organised our attack, by then our forces had shrunk to 2 groups and 2 shamans. After the groups were organised we headed out to thid faste, we quickly killed off the guards apart from one, a bugged Ranger... none of our weapons could damage it but luckily our hunters pets could (I think) so we finally killed her.

the siege equipment arrived to me at the door and I began to make the ram, ohhh wait... I didn't because I had forgot the tools. Luckly for me we had a boy (well kobold) scout with us, who, as always, was prepared (Yay Grimbane!!). When the first ram was up we I began to operate it, it took a little longer than expected to breach the first door, using just our elm ram. During this time our small group worked like a well oiled machine, Hunters and runies killed rangers who spawned and even formed a elite squad of ranger exterminaters towards the end, tanks took the guards when they appeared and healers healed.After 15mins+ of bashing the door with the ram we finally broke through. The second door, which had been already damaged, was much easier to break through and our team, now working wonderfully together quickly made the ram and dropped the door, once in the keep we made quick work of the guards and even the Keep Lord fell easily to our attacks.

Now, you may be wondering why I've posted so much about such a little event. The point of this whole post is that when I've taken other keeps they have dropped quickly, a few people knew what they were doing and made the ram etc while the rest hit the door and killed the guards. In our raid it all seemed different, we all worked excellently together and in truth, it was the best night of RvR I've ever had.

Ohh and on the subject of early morning keep takes; Trish, you imply in another post it was cowardly and underhand of us to take the keep at 6:30 in the morning. What gives you the right to say when we can or can't take a keep, are you saying that people who don't play at normal "peak times" are cheating? We are only trying to have fun doing what we are meant to be doing, having a war. What if a group of people only played at early hours in the morning does that make them worse players than you? no of course it doesn't, are you telling me that at 5 in the morning there was no one, in your whole realm between 20-25 who could have stopped us? it would only have taken a few casters to totally wipe out our force because most of us were busy taking guards etc, we didn't even have any scouts on your pk.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who was there, I had a blast and I hope we can do it again sometime :)

C

Confucio

I was there.

Aye, spent something like 5 hours in thid (just logged off). I was one of the Runemasters.
Truth is I never thought Hibernia was allowed to go to thidranki... anyway...

When, who, how, where and what. They all matter, sometimes one is most important... when, eg.

I was responsible with others, of /who-ing all of 20-24 midgard. Sooner or later they all came, I think this speaks of a realm.

From here I want to mention how good archer Vika is. She, almost completely alone, defended the keep and kept killing us eventually.

Let's hope day-guys keep thidranki ours for the next 10 hours...

150 more ppl to kill before u dont see me no more...

T

Trish

Yes, I'm saying when I logged in there was _no one_ in 20-24 range online. Hibernia is the underdog on Prydwen so that explains it. Enjoy while it lasts, those ugly troll guards are a dying breed.

C

caldor78

NOOOOOOOO

Damnit, let the hibbies have the keep for once...

With their small numbers (except yesterday when you guys took the keep) they need somewhere to go and rest.

Besides, I haven't had as much fun in Thidranki like I did last night.

Letting the hibs have the keep allowed for some of the best three realm clash ever in Thidranki.

K

khadar

Thx for report

It was very fun yesterday, all did much and so on. Hib where many this time and i think all got much fun and gona come more often in there now so watch out Mids and Albs.

:)

D

dolinna

Keep raid

We ruled at night but eventually hibbies need their beutey sleep and mids who had been hoplessly :) trying to take the keep all night saw their chance and took it..... Sad for us hibbies of corse since we spent so much work on the door but atleast Mids had to sweat for it. To Devey I just want to say thank u for the entertaning tale on how u took it :). And Hibbies althoe we want to blame somebody and call middies cheaters we know we would have done the same thing.

I just want to say that it´s good that ALL had fun tonight including Mids they are only humans as we I think :) and like to have fun.

That was all from me Dolinna the bard

O

old.Maronan

Originally posted by -dewey-

On the horse to svasud the worst happened, I went LD... I came back to find myself heavily burdened at quite possibly the point furthest away from any stable master. Luckly for me a shaman came past, asking for directions to vasud, I showed her the way and in return she buffed me up! I continued along the path until I came to svasud, by the time we had ported most of the wood had been organised, we waited at mpk and organised our attack, by then our forces had shrunk to 2 groups and 2 shamans. After the groups were organised we headed out to thid faste, we quickly killed off the guards apart from one, a bugged Ranger... none of our weapons could damage it but luckily our hunters pets could (I think) so we finally killed her.

Hey, Im disappointed! I was that shaman... and I am a Shadowblade! :)

Dew had fallen off his horse, and since I passed him on my horse, I jumped off to help carry the ram beak.

But, nonetheless it was great entertaining taking the keep, and I must commend on the great teamwork we managed to pull off that night on the shores of Thidranki.

Lotraz

O

old.Max Payne

I was there too for a moment with my skald, but got bored after 2 minutes so I ran back to PK and logged. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom