The new running speeds

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe I didnt read it correctly, but for example for Runemasters they will upgrade the speed we can provide.
But, is this for PVE only? Or will you be able to move your littil kibbi feets faster in the Frontier aswell?

From the patch notes:
This new run state allows the player to move faster than normal run speed, provided that the player is not in any form of combat. Along with this change, we have slightly increased the speed of all secondary speed buffs.

And further down:
The new run speed works only in PvE. We are still assessing the possibility of this ability also working in RvR

But: The way I see it, theres 2 different new upgraded speeds. The one for Non-speed classes and one for Skalds/Runemasters f.ex. .. Or ??

And last:
- We have slightly increased the speed bonuses for the following spell lines :

Sorcerer - Amplify Movement
Theurgist - Brisk Wind
Enchanter - Effervescence
Hunter - Speed of Prey
Warden - Guardian's Encouragement
Healer - Ease of Movement
Ranger - Forest Shadow
Runemaster - Token of Movement
Vampiir - Vampiir's Sprint

So, all in all, the new upgraded Runemaster speed should work in the RVR zones, and the normal run speed (For the non speed classes) works only in a PVE zone ?

Might just be me making it more confusing than it is 8)

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
the new speed for runemasters/enchanters/healers/wardens/theurgists/sorcs/hunter/rangers/vampiirs
will be faster in general, for pve and pvp zones
skalds are not involved

the new speed for classes without speed will only work outside the frontiers

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Theres two seperate changes here, the first is an increased walkspeed for every class provided they're not in combat (which includes the 10 seconds after last attacking/being attacked). The other is an increase in the speed 'buffs' of caster speed only (sorc/theurg/rm etc).

And contrary to what many originally though, this caster-speed increase WILL work in RvR zones. There's many threads on it a few months back on VN boards if you want confirmation. Unfortunately these increases were such that casterspeed + sprint was faster than speed5 (bard/mincer/skald), so an RM with shaman buffs for example could outrun a mincer in speed 5.

After lots of feedback mythic decided to reduce this casterspeed back down in 1.76, but any skald/mincers on eu servers will still have to put up with it until then :(

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Athinz said:
the new speed for classes without speed will only work outside the frontiers

Wounder how this will effect camlann. 90%+ of the pk isn't in frontiers.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
and the new speed for the caster speed classes is downgraded again next patch as in this patch with sprint it's faster than speed5

Outlander

Part of the furniture
another great retarded idea ftw! introduce something worthwhile for once please :rolleyes:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
and the new speed for the caster speed classes is downgraded again next patch as in this patch with sprint it's faster than speed5

that patch is a long time from EU though I guess..

the new runspeeds rox, means albs can run at decent speed with theurgspeed.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
that patch is a long time from EU though I guess..

the new runspeeds rox, means albs can run at decent speed with theurgspeed.

A tiny increase in the utility of a few casters for a significant reduction in the group utility of skalds and mincers?

uhuh

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
A tiny increase in the utility of a few casters for a significant reduction in the group utility of skalds and mincers?

uhuh

yip.

Mincers are already beeing skipped in set groups as is, since they simply usually dont offer enough to grant a spot and meanwhile keep the group competative FG vs FG. (granted, there are exceptions as with everything but generally speaking, that is the case)

Skalds are a good class to run with and I dont see why it should be dropped from a group, their DPS and capability to interrupt is sufficient, mincers however, isnt, DPS is a problem in albbuilds and mincers doesnt exactly help out with that to a degree where they are worth choosing over say, a merc and run with casterspeed. Mids can also still run mach6 without sacrificing anything.

Thats why it is a good change, for albs mostly and they kinda need alil help.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

You would think though that Mythics testing process would of included testing wizzy speed with end regen and sprint, to see if it is faster than primary speed classes. Come on you cant tell me thats not obvious!

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that's why we saw you spamming the FH and VN boards with complaints about it before the patch went live in the US yeah?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Skalds are a good class to run with and I dont see why it should be dropped from a group, their DPS and capability to interrupt is sufficient, mincers however, isnt, DPS is a problem in albbuilds and mincers doesnt exactly help out with that to a degree where they are worth choosing over say, a merc and run with casterspeed. Mids can also still run mach6 without sacrificing anything.

Skalds dont get groups atm afaik. This is because people dont want jacks-of-all-trades in their groups. They want the best of whats possible to get for any given task - and skalds just dont excell at any task (other classes will interupt better, deal more damage, survive longer and do better cc) except providing speed (and now that utility is given to other classes too, at least until next patch).

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Givf Wizzy speed run!! Givf wizzy utility!111!!one :D

(seriously though do it!;))

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
that's why we saw you spamming the FH and VN boards with complaints about it before the patch went live in the US yeah?

so you saying its not a bloody obvious thing an internal tester should do, i was saying that kind of "bug" should not of gone into a live system, good knows what QA system they had for testing..

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom