The new portal

S

SAS

To save me repeating myself on each thread that pops up about the portal I want to explain what it's doing there.

For a while now the BarrysWorld web site has had a problem with navigation. For a newish player entering BarrysWorld they would of had a job finding certain sections of the site without first having to search around a range of pages to find what they are looking for.

Also with all the services BarrysWorld now offer "hosting", "clan servers", "bookable servers", "teams", "Players", "membership (email/dialup)" and lots lots more, finding them all was a hassle for new users.

Another problem was if you said "BarrysWorld" to someone and they went to the web site not everyone would know it was a online gaming site right away, because the site had no gaming images on the main pages.

Lastly with support we where getting a lot of emails from newbies asking the same questions about games, but again there was nothing on the web site holding information about each game we run at BarrysWorld.

The portal is there to solve these problems, and with all the new pages / content added to ensure everything is easy to find. The new newbie section will help new players, and give them somewhere at last to read up about gaming and get into it. The games pages hold all the information about each game thereby giving a good resource to the gamer. The services pages now have more content to help ease past problems (for example with bookable servers, new users where having trouble getting to grips with it, but now the section has been expanded).

Lastly there will be an option soon to tick a box and bypass the portal if you wish to. Until then bookmark http://www.barrysworld.com/news and you'll skip the portal.

O

old.Morpheus

I like it, but where's the portal link to the columns? :)

Users who are viewing this thread