The "new" Guardians of Light

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
As some of you might have noticed, GoL went through quite some turmoil in the past few weeks. Most of our officers quit showing up and therefore we lost our nice mansion. Yes! Gregorian is gone, and so are Outlaw and Zoyster. All our “showcase” Dragon Knights seem to take an extended break of the game and a few other regulars took the “opportunity” to retire as well. We wish them happiness on their path, wherever it may lead them.

Now! I hate to disappoint all of you, who thought this will be the end of GoL. It looked like it for a while, but like the legendary phoenix we are currently raising from our own ashes. Not many times one gets the chance for a new start, so we consider ourselves lucky to be able to close one chapter and start a new. We are going to make it count… again!

It was laid in my hands, to lead GoL into this age of “New Frontiers”, “Catacombs” and whatever Mythic plans for us in the distant future. On this journey in to the future I am happy to be able to rely on some trusted Co-Leaders, all of them seasoned members of the guild. Yes we are here to stay, as we are sure DAoC will not die from the spreading WoW disease - although we are aware of the fact it will suffer.

Already Albion is thinning out up and down the country and most guilds aren’t able to field full groups on a regular basis any more – including us. Adding to this misfortune, it is quite easy to run with the zerg nowadays, so most players don’t invest as much time into grouping as they should. They run solo instead…

However we believe, that playing with a full group of trusted warriors, may it be for RvR or PvE is an essential part of the game, that chatgroups can’t replace. Without this, the game is only half the fun it can be, so the logical step is making new friends.

Already most guilds are open for recruiting new members, but it seems the trickle can’t sooth anyones thirst - and if you look at it from a distance it seems like the guilds just rotating members, not fixing the general problem.

Since we at GoL are currently in the process of reforming and working out a new internal structure, that involves multiple officers who share the responsibilities of leadership, it would be a perfect time to consider merging with one or two other guilds, who feel the same as us.

So if you happen to be in a guild whos main main target is having a strong RvR presence, but also enjoys taking part in PvE events, as well as organizing them, if you are a bunch of people that doesn’t mind helping out fellow guildmates with acquiring much needed artifacts, and enjoy leveling an alt every now and then – well then you are much like us and in this case you might want to give me shout ingame or PM me here and let’s see what happens.

Of course we are also looking for new members the “regular” way. If you are looking for a new ome, if you already have some experience with this game, if you still spend regular hours ingame and plan to do so for quite some more time, then feel free to drop by on our website at www.guardians-of-light.net and inform yourself about our joining procedures.

Enough talking now. See you on the battlefields!!!

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck with the rebuild!

Sad about the mansion (and I that was devastated when I lost my house)

/dum di dum dum Dard

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice post mate but you forgot this part:
"IF you like to join Battlegrps..."
:p

Ging

Part of the furniture
Givf promo so I can feel like God over the new recruits!!!!!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
aye nice post, and best of luck GoL with the rebuilding.

Nibor

One of Freddy's beloved
Good luck with the rebuilding, would be a shame if a guild with the tradition of GoL would disapear.

Darksoul

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck to you Talhamhea / Drk :) and rest of GoL ofc who are still there!

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:
Tilda u sure u wanna join - i spamm /gu with lag whine all night long :)

not to mention how u spam allience chat !!!!! :D

oh and good luck.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
gl, oh and if any rvr guilds wanna merge with FC drop me a pm! ;D

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
Good luck Zags, I'm sure you and Balt will be great new leaders for GoL.

Napshot

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice post guys... And all The luck from here to u :) Hope u get back on top

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Can only wish you good luck and hope you pull through to a better situation.

Would be a shame to ever lose Alb/Excal's first guild. :)

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
Nice post!
Good luck GoL! :wub:

and if you look at it from a distance it seems like the guilds just rotating members, not fixing the general problem!

True^^and no it dosent :(

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Well to clarify on the proposed merging of guilds: I know it sounds a little extreme, but it wouldn't be the first time GoL has merged with another guild and both sides have gained good friends. Actually it's the only solution I can think of to counter the general loss of playerbase.

We all want to play with our friends and that's the reason why we enjoy being in a guild. As many friends leave the game, the guild becomes unable to do the things it used to do, but we still stay with it... because we don't want to leave the remaining friends and add to the problem.

So why not move with all friends? Hell, I would move with GoL and my friends to another guild, if there weren't 6 Mio GBPs to speak against it :)

Of course this isn't as easy as it sounds. It involves a lot of good will on both sides, but in the end I can see only benefits, since I'd get a Co-GM and some (hopefully) capeable officers to share the workload. :)

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
I think in this stage, people will still be reluctant to borg guilds or being borged by another. We all still hold on to our memories and how good the guild we are in was/is. It is not easy to merge guilds. It's like merging 2 companies, each with their own corporate culture. On top of that, everyone wants to be a general, nobody wants to remain soldier :)

Good luck to you and to all of us in Albion to make these neccesary changes in the future, but it will take a lot of maturity and putting personal pride aside to make it work well . :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Zagg said:
Well to clarify on the proposed merging of guilds: I know it sounds a little extreme, but it wouldn't be the first time GoL has merged with another guild and both sides have gained good friends. Actually it's the only solution I can think of to counter the general loss of playerbase.

We all want to play with our friends and that's the reason why we enjoy being in a guild. As many friends leave the game, the guild becomes unable to do the things it used to do, but we still stay with it... because we don't want to leave the remaining friends and add to the problem.

So why not move with all friends? Hell, I would move with GoL and my friends to another guild, if there weren't 6 Mio GBPs to speak against it :)

Of course this isn't as easy as it sounds. It involves a lot of good will on both sides, but in the end I can see only benefits, since I'd get a Co-GM and some (hopefully) capeable officers to share the workload. :)

OMG that wold mean i would be in the same guild as MARAMAR!!!!!

Spirit was only telling me the other day that all greek women have hairy armpits!!!

Tilda

But who would join who? FC join GoL or GoL join FC? :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
shame there is no way to merge and keep guild bps/rps - we could call ourselves "Guardians of the First Cohorted Light" or "GotFCL" :)

alternativly why not jsut use the label that has been given to us over the last few years

"Zergers"

or even

"White Falcons" we could be the balance to Wittors EVIL gay pink leather

or even jump on the 1 word guildname fotmpwnftw current convention of

"Equalibruim"

but tbh my favoriste would be

"New Kidz on teh block" :)

anyway back to abusing clients!!!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
OMG that wold mean i would be in the same guild as MARAMAR!!!!!

Spirit was only telling me the other day that all greek women have hairy armpits!!!

Watch out for a stlong outbreak of the dreaded PANTSPIDERS too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom