The new fotms? But why?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
ToA is approaching with a lot of new goodies, and people are starting to beleive that some new classes are going to be fotm.
The two I am talking about are Animists and Valewalkers. But why would these two become fotm? Do you beleive they will become fotm? Animists seem to get some nice tools, but VWs? ^^

Thanks for any input on the subject ;)

Rate

One of Freddy's beloved
The VW's are getting uber if im not wrong, can't remember reasons though, ill post here if i find a post ;)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Read something about a few high ML hibs taking a relic thanks to animists and the mana field thingies, or whatever, but i think that got nerfed.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Read something about a few high ML hibs taking a relic thanks to animists and the mana field thingies, or whatever, but i think that got nerfed.

Yes, it was 2fg ML9 hibs attacking Excal and kicking some serious butt as albs hadn't any decent MLs yet. Almost took relics too. Well, Mythic nerfed mana and heal fields though. Hope we get 1.68 right away. Since it patched in US it is still possible ;)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Animists : 25% more power, 10% more casting speed, 25% longer duration on shrooms. And more importantly - more milegates in frontiers.
With healers having 25% better heals (45% with relics) you're looking for a good frontload damage, and animist is best here, stacking 2 dd bombers +LT coupled with body debuf == insta-kill.
Valewalker : belief is generally based on idea that determination will be nerfed into ground with frontiers - so people are looking for best melee damage output which equals to reaver/valewalker.

Lothian Forestheart

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
Animists : 25% more power, 10% more casting speed, 25% longer duration on shrooms. And more importantly - more milegates in frontiers.
With healers having 25% better heals (45% with relics) you're looking for a good frontload damage, and animist is best here, stacking 2 dd bombers +LT coupled with body debuf == insta-kill.
Valewalker : belief is generally based on idea that determination will be nerfed into ground with frontiers - so people are looking for best melee damage output which equals to reaver/valewalker.

Frontiers is comming like in june or something? Haha.. will be later, but thats not the point maybe my animist will be 50 then, now 31 and dont have much time to level... would love to see how the new "one zone"frontier servers will hold against all those animists planting a shroom field.

:cheers:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
vale walkers hurt like hell and also have a friendly lifetap to upset support :)

Lothian Forestheart

Fledgling Freddie
Animists also have lifetap..

Raven said:
vale walkers hurt like hell and also have a friendly lifetap to upset support :)

Animists also have lifetaps.. in case someone get through the field in the frontiers expansion,..

Aussie

Banned
all b/c of that vnthread where 16 ML9 hibs almost took a relic and were able to defend against +100 albs , the animist trend started ~~

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, from what I have gathered, Animists are pretty uber already in PvE, and the ToA boosts will make them even more so. Why do you think Hibs were the first to make ML9? ;)

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:
valewalker = 2h = hi guard = bye vw.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't there enough of mushrooms as it is already?

why can 1 friggin animist put up so darn many things? Wouldn't it be a lot better if they had a maximum amount of 5 mushrooms instead? And one friggin thing i don't understand is how a lowlvl pet can make so much damage and get aggro from guards. It's just plain silly imo.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
stubbe said:
valewalker = 2h = hi guard = bye vw.

True, but, how much guarders you see in midgard?, and in albion usually the guarder is a ZzZzZzZz paladin.

Cutri

Fledgling Freddie
old.Sko said:

So why not fotm Champs?

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
Isn't there enough of mushrooms as it is already?

why can 1 friggin animist put up so darn many things? Wouldn't it be a lot better if they had a maximum amount of 5 mushrooms instead? And one friggin thing i don't understand is how a lowlvl pet can make so much damage and get aggro from guards. It's just plain silly imo.

As i understand, one shroom costs a feckload of pow, so in a way its already limited. but...animists DO get MCL :m00:

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
True, but, how much guarders you see in midgard?, and in albion usually the guarder is a ZzZzZzZz paladin.
yes. base fotm setups on farming random warders or vaktens.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Well, from what I have gathered, Animists are pretty uber already in PvE, and the ToA boosts will make them even more so. Why do you think Hibs were the first to make ML9? ;)

exactly; animists (unlike theurgists) can produce a never ending stream of pets by using their lowest lvl fnf turrets with mr4/5 (powerfield is not necessary unless you want to spam higher lvl ones which is not important in PvE). 1-2 animists who spam max amount of shrooms increase the to-hit bonus extremely so that in most cases mages can even land spells without using mw.

But another reason why hibs in the US have been very fast with MLs is probably also the high amount of high RR mages (RR6+). MW3 is an insane tool for high lvl encounters (been using it for the last 4 days and I am still amazed by its effectiveness everytime I use it). Albs have also a decent amount of high RR mages but mids...

Xray

Fledgling Freddie
I heard Mids took down their Dragon 3 times yesterday using MW3. Think they have a few high RR mages.

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
So the reason many think VWs will be fotm are what? The fact that Det MIGHT get nerfed? And the fact that VWs can get bodyguard? :/ Seems as such small reasons imo, but what do I know ;)

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Will that then mean that Reavers might turn fotm as well btw?
Is there any class you can play that's not fotm apart from thanes?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
its only rr5 for mw3 so no need to be uber high RR, and mids do have a lot of casters stored away, think many many people have runie or sm's from the past and for PL purposes before they made their fotm savage ^^

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Well VWs fotm ? I don't know, but powerful they are, look at my GG :D. (everhate xD)
We are making a movie soon fer your pleasure =p.

Lethul

FH is my second home
afaik the reason why VWs could be fotm is grapple + LT, but its fixed in 1.68 :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Das_Hibbie said:
Will that then mean that Reavers might turn fotm as well btw?

'if' determination is nerfed and equalled out to all tanks, reavers would b favourable above other tanks because of their high damage, slam as well as pbaoe aura for interupting a person who is bodyguarded whilst they take out the tank bodyguarding them.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
kirennia said:
'if' determination is nerfed and equalled out to all tanks, reavers would b favourable above other tanks because of their high damage, slam as well as pbaoe aura for interupting a person who is bodyguarded whilst they take out the tank bodyguarding them.

Hi Shield i got a 1-hand weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom