Music The Moody Blues

sayward

Resident Freddy
Went to see this group on Saturday night, it was a toss up between that and going to the Freddy beer. (just as well as that obviously didn't happen) anyway back to my point. I knew it was a mistake when I saw Mr. Sayward's face, when I told him I'd got the tickets. The last group we saw together was Muse in Monaco last year. Well I have never felt so out of place in my life. The venue was full but the people were ancient, can't believe I didn't realise that this would be the case. Nothing wrong with that but it did make me feel I was on another planet.

Don't get me wrong the group were good, the same as ever, but they did all their hits in the second half and it was touch and go whether we stayed for that, I'd been sitting thinking I should've gone to the 'beer'. There was no support and they had actually finished by 10.15. Justin Hayward can certainly still sing beautifully which bodes well for all you War of the Worlds fans.

At least they finished early enough for us to have a 'late' dinner.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
To sway off topic slightly, how were Muse? I've got the Wembly gig on dvd, love their music anyways, but they seem to have great stage presence. Certainly a group i'd like to see live.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Muse were fucking awesome at Wembley, went on the sunday and they blew me away!!

sayward

Resident Freddy
They were absolutely excellent. We were in a huge football stadium. Sound, lights everything brilliant, it was one of the best gigs we've been to, and that is saying something. Slight downside was the support was the Kaiser Chiefs, who are very good and probably wonderful in somewhere like the MEN Manchester but I think the venue was just too big for their kind of show. And the poor French couldn't understand a word they were saying!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What did you expect? They were shit when they were young, and that was 100 years ago. What did you expect them to be like now?!?!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Justin Hayward is still extremely attractive, John Lodge? has a beer gut and Graeme Edge looks like a little Santa Claus all very lively. It was the audience who were geriatric.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I know it's 'sad' but went out and bought their greatest hits. I do like Question and Isn't Life Strange. They just about sum up my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom