The missing spell effects bug.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
I guess everyone who has RvR'd in this patch knows what I'm talking about, is it a known issue and is it fixed in the next patch? Or do we have to start spamming GOA with reports and hopefully get a hotfix on this. This thing annoys me to tears almost every night :(

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
It's still going on USA so not repaired yet,who knows they might address it 1.90 thought.

Lethul

FH is my second home
ive only played assassin, what kind of bug is this? :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
All spelleffects on yourself disappear, so you dont see if you get nuked, rootspammed etc.

I'm quite sure you see when you're being nuked, not sure about the rest though.

- English -

Resident Freddy
i thought u were talking about when you cast a spell you dont see any animation :( like menta rr5

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I guess everyone who has RvR'd in this patch knows what I'm talking about,
Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, and makes an ass of u n me. Perhaps people dont have a clue, so why not start by explaining what you mean, especially as it could be something people hadnt noticed.

On the US we have some issues with animations, icons and buffs:

Some weapon styles dont animate, especially the killing blow.
Some casting animations go all funky or just dont happen.
Buffs drop at random, although your bot/seers conc list still shows it active.
Buffs after a certain time, show other things/people buffed, eg random player or a tomte, when you never buffed them.
Incorrect icons, normally caused by bad icon files.
Pulsing spells not working correctly, pulse is on the group but the caster himself doesnt have the effect (runie speed a good example)

Now, which one were you talking about, if you gave GOA the same amount of info as you did here, they would probably file it in the bin.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I think he's on about the spell animation on nukes missing when you're the victim. Was a bit slow to notice on this as was assuming stuff was queuing up due to lag and suddenly fragging me, but now you can get nuked without any animation showing...obviously annoying both for seeing ur being nuked and what is hitting u.

Last time I looked the ment nuke was missing some effects on it also - no coloured bubbles blowing out the head, just the white blast - but not been on much.

The archer arrows not pointing at the bowman is a 'new feature' or bug btw?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, and makes an ass of u n me. Perhaps people dont have a clue, so why not start by explaining what you mean, especially as it could be something people hadnt noticed.

On the US we have some issues with animations, icons and buffs:

Some weapon styles dont animate, especially the killing blow.
Some casting animations go all funky or just dont happen.
Buffs drop at random, although your bot/seers conc list still shows it active.
Buffs after a certain time, show other things/people buffed, eg random player or a tomte, when you never buffed them.
Incorrect icons, normally caused by bad icon files.
Pulsing spells not working correctly, pulse is on the group but the caster himself doesnt have the effect (runie speed a good example)

Now, which one were you talking about, if you gave GOA the same amount of info as you did here, they would probably file it in the bin.

When you cast a spell there should be an effect. Now those are missing and dont show most of the time, its in the title! Getting spammed by spells and never getting an effect on yourself is annoying as hell.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Like Maeloch I was slow to notice the one when you're the victim but the ones I noticed straight away are the ones like when you cast your shields there's no animation sometimes. Also when you use a charged item which normally has an effect sometimes it fires the charge but the effect is missing too.

Only thing thats vaguely interesting about this issue is that when i first login everything is fine but after say 20-30 mins or when rebuffing after the first run its only then that the effects are missing so maybe related somehow on buffering of effects in memory. Seems a bit daft but its the only possible conclusion I can come up with tho.

PS: I've only ever noticed the missing effects when in NF - not seen it at all yet in pve.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I find it only annoying when getting sheared as you don't see the effect and when running with alot of buffs up it's sometimes not really easy to quickly see if you got sheared and by what.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I find it only annoying when getting sheared as you don't see the effect and when running with alot of buffs up it's sometimes not really easy to quickly see if you got sheared and by what.

Turning to bizarre now,you can see shear effects on yanks with no probs.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
damn, i thought i had wftpwn positioning all of a sudden :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom