The Mighty Boosh - New Series

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Mighty Boosh, new series, BBC 3, second week of november.

Your home work if youve not completed it already is to buy the first 2 series and watch em before then.

1st series superior to 2nd imo. Hope the 3rd lives up to expectations.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I always get so f*cking confused with this "series" word that seems to have popped up.

Season, ok, next season. New season. Understood.

But when someone says "The new Dr Who series is starting"...what? New dr who? Again?!

"No no, i meant series 3"

Oh...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I always get so f*cking confused with this "series" word that seems to have popped up.

Season, ok, next season. New season. Understood.

But when someone says "The new Dr Who series is starting"...what? New dr who? Again?!

"No no, i meant series 3"

Oh...

American's say 'Season' as well...that makes you one of them fatty burger men!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Also not forgetting their live show. Loved going to that :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ah, but what do English call a new series then? Just "new" series?

How do you differentiate?

Or is it show?

Let's take 24 as an example.

"Hey guys, the new series of 24 is about to start".
"Is that series 4 or 5?"
"5"

We just say "new series", same as saying "Hey BillyBob, that new season GOD DAMN of My Name Is Earl is about to start on the video box"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let's take 24 as an example.

"Hey guys, the new series of 24 is about to start".
"Is that series 4 or 5?"
"5"

We just say "new series", same as saying "Hey BillyBob, that new season GOD DAMN of My Name Is Earl is about to start on the video box"

Yes i got THAT you teet :D

But what do you call a new series? As in, "Megakill 2000 should start in 2009" A new show?

As in, "heroes, My name is Earl, Boston legal and Stargate Atlantis are ______ that are shown on various TV channels."

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yes i got THAT you teet :D

But what do you call a new series? As in, "Megakill 2000 should start in 2009" A new show?

As in, "heroes, My name is Earl, Boston legal and Stargate Atlantis are ______ that are shown on various TV channels."

I suppose it depends on what the sentence is. We say Series and Show depending on this.

In your example I would say Shows, As in - "heroes, My name is Earl, Boston legal and Stargate Atlantis are all Show's that are shown on various TV channels."

I would personally write this as "heroes, My name is Earl, Boston legal and Stargate Atlantis are all TV Show's that are currently on various channels."

You could say "Heroes is a New Series on at the moment"

or

"Heroes has released the 2nd series of their epic story. This show is on every week at 7pm".

Sorry for the poor answer, tis a hard one to explain as it's dependant on the sentence

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ah ffs, so i need to buy even more weed? :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I sup*snip*or the poor answer, tis a hard one to explain as it's dependant on the sentence

Explained rather well, thanks and no sorry. Was just curious on what the how and who. Bit more clearer now :D

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Might Boosh rocks :D
Will definately be recording/watching that thanks for the heads up

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Didnt really follow the series/season discussion.

Yanks typically call things new seasons because they have a lot more episodes in them - means they last a season.

UK stuff, because they actually use a few creative and talented individuals to create output as opposed to scripting by commitee tend to just have 6 or so episodes which has always been called a series.

Its why the UK will hopefully always have classic comedy that will go down in history, and america will have Friends.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I remember Eggy and Calmin introducing me to Mighty Boosh when they was on the piss over here in Denmark. Its fucking awesome!!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
season is the american word, series is the english word

and cant wait, love mighty boosh, noel fielding fucking leg end, oooo... maybe russell brand will make an appearance as the 2 genious's found each other:p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I could never get into the Boosh. Really tried. Just never found it funny.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Not keen on The Mighty Boosh tbh, Peter Serafinowicz is where the funny is at now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom