TV The Mentalist

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Didn't find any threads about this serie.

Have watched the 2 first seasons now, and ongoing on season 3. Anyone else finding this serie amusing?

And I'd like for people here to share their theories of who Red John really is :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Didn't find any threads about this serie.

Have watched the 2 first seasons now, and ongoing on season 3. Anyone else finding this serie amusing?

And I'd like for people here to share their theories of who Red John really is :D

Me and the wife really enjoy this, we are up to date with the current series. Another slighlty less serious and more amusing show is Psych. I'd recommend anyone with a childish sense of humour to watch it!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Ha yes me I love Psych omg sooo funny!!!

I also like the mentalist but only have seen a couple of episodes and they were out of sequence so I did not continue to watch because I hate not starting at the start of things.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I like the mentalist, but it seems to be less and less atractive to me since the middle of the second season.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I like the mentalist, but it seems to be less and less atractive to me since the middle of the second season.

Whys' that ? :)

As for myself, I think the serie took up quite alot on the end of 2nd season. Especially involving around Red John(Which is kinda the main plot here)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Whys' that ? :)

As for myself, I think the serie took up quite alot on the end of 2nd season. Especially involving around Red John(Which is kinda the main plot here)

Not enough, was expecting more around the main plot, and Lisbon character seems weaker and weaker. But waiting to see how it goes before i gave up.

Aada

Part of the furniture
We absolutely loved the series when it first started but by episode 17 or so if the first season we stopped watching because of the boring predictable episodes.

Very rarely did Red John come into it which is what the series should have been about instead of Case of the Week.

We personally prefer his first proper series called The Guardian you won't find it on dvd i don't think we found it by chance on 5 USA very good show.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Just started watching it with the wife. Quite predictable, not quite as well polished as WHite Collar for example, but enjoyable nonetheless. I'm only on s1 ep11 and I'm glad I haven't heard too much about Red John - it had better not be one of these series that drags it out again and again and again....I can see it might. Then I'll stop watching prolly.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Just started watching it with the wife. Quite predictable, not quite as well polished as WHite Collar for example, but enjoyable nonetheless. I'm only on s1 ep11 and I'm glad I haven't heard too much about Red John - it had better not be one of these series that drags it out again and again and again....I can see it might. Then I'll stop watching prolly.

Well, I hope Red john will be revealed in this season =)

Anyway, what I love about this serie, is the character Patrick Jane and the humor around him.

Calaen

White collar is awesome!

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Well, I hope Red john will be revealed in this season =)

Anyway, what I love about this serie, is the character Patrick Jane and the humor around him.

Not just the humour, the fact I can see Jane snapping and really going nuts - that's what I like; there's a glint in his eye.

White collar is awesome!

Indeed it is - just started up again in the US, s2 ep11 here I come!! (from legal sources you understand.)

Helme

Resident Freddy
I enjoy the series, but I don't really take it 'seriously' anymore and mostly just watch it because there's nothing else to do.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I've been trying to watch this from a recommendation from a friend. I'm about 4 episodes in, and I can see it's trying to get all the elements from various tv shows (lie to me, house and so forth).

So far it just seems to me that Jane is like The Doctor. He's a deus ex machina, and just knows all the answers, or when he make a wild guess from an inconsequential piece of evidence he's always right!!

There's no tension, drama, or exitement cause Jane is God. (Again, much like House or Cal Lightman - except House is Hugh Laurie, thus funny, and Cal is one fucked up asshole, who is also English.. and funny. The guy who plays Jane is just... meh, who IS he?)

Calaen

I've been trying to watch this from a recommendation from a friend. I'm about 4 episodes in, and I can see it's trying to get all the elements from various tv shows (lie to me, house and so forth).

So far it just seems to me that Jane is like The Doctor. He's a deus ex machina, and just knows all the answers, or when he make a wild guess from an inconsequential piece of evidence he's always right!!

There's no tension, drama, or exitement cause Jane is God. (Again, much like House or Cal Lightman - except House is Hugh Laurie, thus funny, and Cal is one fucked up asshole, who is also English.. and funny. The guy who plays Jane is just... meh, who IS he?)

The mentalist premiered well before lie to me :p

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not arguing that fact, in fact I'll refine it - My, isn't Lie to Me similar to the Mentalist. Except with better wrtiting, acting, more plausable plots (ok, maybe not more plausable plots) and another 'The Doctor' like character in Cal Lightman, who is a much better actor than that Jane fellow.

Alight, answer this - is The Mentalist worth sticking with, or is the rest of the series as pap as the first 4 episodes. (Sometimes it is worth sticking with...)

Calaen

I'm not arguing that fact, in fact I'll refine it - My, isn't Lie to Me similar to the Mentalist. Except with better wrtiting, acting, more plausable plots (ok, maybe not more plausable plots) and another 'The Doctor' like character in Cal Lightman, who is a much better actor than that Jane fellow.

Alight, answer this - is The Mentalist worth sticking with, or is the rest of the series as pap as the first 4 episodes. (Sometimes it is worth sticking with...)

Well as with everything it's all about opinion, I like the light heartness of the show (see above show recommendation of Pych), and I find Lie to Me very annoying and far to serious. I watch Criminal Minds and the various Law and Order shows for my more serious shows.

The Mentalist does not take itself to seriously.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure about the waistcoats though - started as being quirky and refined, now I just seem them as being a bit twattish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom