The Mauler wars, will you take part or not?

Are you going to roll a Mauler?

• Yes, I like overpowered FOTM chars!

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • No, I prefer to play hardmode, I'll stay on my char!

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • I am playing a Valk, who needs Maulers?

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Maulers are quite overpowered in 1 vs 1 situations against most of the non-caster classes and very easy to level (I'd say easier than a Vamp).

Are you going to roll one and level it to 50 with LotM being released in Europe soon or is it already too FOTM for you?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Just dont expect to be high on the list for a RvR group :) low/no power on the start of a fight - no stoicism - leather armour... etc.

One on One in the BG's they are near impossible to kill but for Group RvR - mehh - way better classes :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
duno they get grapple and bodyguard + twf its just a means different groupsetup maybe trying somthing new instead of cookie cutter setup.

I may roll a mauler im not sure yet.

Everz

FH is my second home
maulers are meeh at 50, like a svg with bt and hot ;/

Dard

Part of the furniture
Havent had any problems fighting them with my vamp although you have to try & kill them fairly quickly (for obvious reasons).

Mauler Vs Mauler can be quite interesting, i had one fight where the guy i was fighting was obviously the same/similair spec as me & we just beat on each for ages & ages & never got either one of us below 60% health, we had 3 seperate adds during our bashing session & each time we stopped hitting each other, killed the add & then started on each other again, we finished by waving at each other & walking off in opposite directions :)

Nate

FH is my second home
I prefer soloing on my pac healer for ultimate hardmode :D

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I'll role one to see what its like, but more interested in 1.88 and archery changes tbh...

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
ye ofc i'll get lotm and i'll prolly role a mauler aswell ... dunno if it ever gets going though might end up with my wl at lvl 4 and my valk at lvl 1.... or did i delete that one again .. cant remember really

/Mirk

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Awarkle said:
duno they get grapple and bodyguard + twf its just a means different groupsetup maybe trying somthing new instead of cookie cutter setup.

I may roll a mauler im not sure yet.

hibs have warden which is 10x better for groups so no they won't get hib fgs their damage from what i've seen on US is crap but in 1v1 they are quite hard with OP HoT. But having a squashy bg like a mauler kinda sucks.

but why would a seemingly dps tank ever get a bg spot savages never did

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
il roll one to see what its like tbh, wonder which realm will get it unlocked first.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, I like overpowered FOTM chars!

voted this but it should have said

Yes, Its the only alb toon i dont have thats not lvl50 ml10 etc

but ill be rolling on for daytime RvR (normally play steathers at mo) as this is when there seems to be more small grp/solo action, but ill be dinging it rr2l5 before it goes anywhere near RvR mauler with out purge = dead mauler

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
With any luck twe should be able to convince a lot of archers to pincushion them. Of course this will propably only power them up, but gives us something to spend our arrows on.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
we used to run with a bg kobold savage, guess what very few people could even target the bodygaurd when shes under 4 trolls.

Ok a warden my have more tools available BUT if you wanted to run a warden and mauler then thats probbly good as well.

Its all about breaking from the mold that folks have forced themselves into. Break from the mold rvr is more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom