The Matrix "Explained", no spoilers for revolutions...

K

klavrynd

"lets use tons of hard words in silly pseudo scientific phrases and hope nobody sees the anomalies in the story"

imo

ps : talking about the zzztrix, not your analysis

J

Jonaldo

I think Neo wakes up and it's all a dream at the end of #3

S

Sharma

Might be going to see the first showing of it at 2.00PM tomorrow, many w00ts to be had. :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Sharma
Might be going to see the first showing of it at 2.00PM tomorrow, many w00ts to be had. :)
Yes, and you will be sitting in a cinema at the same time then.

L

Lumikki

Amazing stuff :)

Gives a new perspective to the films.

xx

W

Whoodoo_RD

I have now read 5 reveiws on Matrix Revolutions. two key phrases pop up;

"a 4th Matrix?" and "stolen from other classics like Star Wars"

Theres even mention of films like "Jesus".

"Chewy, i have a bad feeling about this."

One other clue given in Reloaded, was when Neo was presented with a spoon in the "Real world" from an orphan. Was this a reminder to Neo that in either world "there is no spoon", and going with your phylosophy that indeed the real world is another stage of the Matrix.

N

Nightchill

entertaining read, and clearly well researched.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
One other clue given in Reloaded, was when Neo was presented with a spoon in the "Real world" from an orphan. Was this a reminder to Neo that in either world "there is no spoon", and going with your phylosophy that indeed the real world is another stage of the Matrix.

No, he was trying to tell Keanu Reeves that he is a spoon.

T

Testin da Cable

one hour and ten minutes till I go to the cinema :D

S

SFXman

Enjoyed the movie?
I sure did. Got back from it 3 hours ago.

O

old.tRoG

PM me and tell me what happens!

I can't wait 6 months till it comes out on DVD to see it :(

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.tRoG
PM me and tell me what happens!

I can't wait 6 months till it comes out on DVD to see it :(
You have got to be shitting me?

O

old.tRoG

There's no cinema out here, and I can't/won't download it. :(

... Please :D

Is Zion another Matrix? Is Trinity a program? Is Smith a human? Is? Is? Is?!

O

old.Morchaoron

omg....

ive been to the cinema and....

i wont say anything about the movie, but, this is not meant as an insult but...

go see the movie and you will stfu about all of this posted here :(

but the special effects are awesome!! that must have costed them a couple of plats (what am i saying?)

C

Cush

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
I always said that the 'real world' was another Matrix to all my mates anyway and they called me an idiot. Well, who's an idiot now? Bwaahahahahahaaaa!!1

you are?

V

vintervargen

fsck story, give big bada-boom instead

G

Graknak

seen the behind the scenes and for some reason, since matrix 2 had bad acting, 3 doesn't sound that interesting, it's like wow Special Effects, i mean c'mon it's like a zerg of Battledroids in Star Wars instead of the you-know-whats.... it's more like you wanna see it caus ya don't believe the crap being said by other ppl, to find out it actually was.... but hey i'm just a critic blame me ^^

W

Whoodoo_RD

t-10 hours till i get to see it, cant wait tbh, bring on the box set, ofc after i have revolutions and this one on DVD, then the matrix revamped edition, then the matrix "redone with uber bits" edition, then the "Matrix respammed and rescammed" edition.

Dont ya just hate it when they bring out the special editions 2 months after you payed out for the original.

N

-Nxs-

Just watch it on bittorrent :) then buy the DVD collecters mater edition edited with extra footage edition when its out, least that way your not doing them out of that much dosh

W

Wij

Originally posted by SFXman
The anomaly explained
The anomaly is all the humans that do not accept the Matrix. The Architect says "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control." This includes Neo, but Neo's Matrix avatar is attached with the One program so that he can follow his purpose as explained earlier under "The One explained".

However, he is also supposed to protect himself and destroy anything that gets in his way - i.e., Agent Smith - so that he may fulfil his purpose. Further proving Neo - and other non-accepters of the Matrix - are the anomaly, the Architect says, "Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix." The clue here is Neo's program name - "The One". Take one-third for example. 1 over 3 is 0.33333 recurring. A computer cannot deal with recurring numbers, so must accept a limit, let's say 0.33333 for argument's sake. Multiply by 3, you get 0.99999 - never 1.00000, where has the "remainder" 0.00001 (One) gone? This is the limitation of computers, this is the mathematical imprecision inherent in programming (of the Matrix) and the eventuality of the One anomaly unable to be eliminated.

What is the equation then?
Not sure, but it definitely involves pi. The Keymaker refers to the window of time to open the door to the mainframe as 314 seconds. 3.14 is pi to three sig. figs., or the number of radians in half a circle. Half a circle is like the cross-section of a womb, similar to the alcove of Neo and Trinity's love scene - conceiving the next One? "NEO", incidently, is an anagram of "ONE". Trinity and Neo - one on one; a choice - one or one. Leads us to 101. "101" is mentioned numerous times in Matrix 1 and Reloaded. Neo's room at the beginning, Merovingian is on the 101st floor, the 101 freeway of the car chase in Reloaded, then when Trinity is hacking into the power plant system, she resets the password to Z10N0101. Freaky. Indicates that she is a program because that's not some random password she's put in. 101 is binary for 5, which in zero-based binary counting: 000 is 1, 001, is 2, 010 is 3, 011 is 4, 100 is 5, 101 is 6 - And this is the 6th version of the Matrix! Then there's 303. 303 is the room Neo got shot in Matrix 1, the Oracle lives in room 303, it's also the hotel room number Trinity is in in Matrix 1 and it's seen at the end when Neo fights the Agents and Smith and begins to literally see the code that makes up the Matrix. 101 x 3 = 303, a trilogy, 3 + 0 + 3 = 6 = the 6th Matrix. Trinity means 3.

Too much Ritalin can do this to you :/

T

Tasans

I still think the whole trilogy is crap, something like when tomb raider came out and all the nerds went to see Angelina shaking her ass, but for less nerdy audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom