The Lost World!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
No not that one...the other one, the original one by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

We are promoting it at the library and tbh its a damn good read, full of adventure and daring deeds, read my blog for a review. Anyway like i said at work we are promoting it and last week we all had to dress up for it...the bigwigs at HQ wanted us to dress like victorians (seeing as its not even set or written in victorian times that just shows how bright they are) but I said blow that...

I wanna be lord roxton!! (read the book, the guy is a total leg-end), anyway the idea caught on and we all dressed as adventurers, hey its not everyday you get to take your whip to work is it??

I'm the 2nd from the right lol

Go read the book, its brilliant and its the selected book for world book day which was earlier this month so the libraries in the UK should have plenty of copies

Cyradix

FH is my second home
pics or it di... oh wait.... ;)

Isn't it hard to read though? The writing style changed a lot in a century....

Ezteq

Queen of OT
pics or it di... oh wait.... ;)

Isn't it hard to read though? The writing style changed a lot in a century....

lol i swear its totally readable and the humour (especially the way challenger deals with his wife in a sexist patronising way) is fantastic. Honestly dont be prejudiced against stuff because it isnt current, ive read so many modern books that are tripe and badly written even though they use language patterns i am 100% familiar with they make little or no sense and are really unenjoyable.

The sign of a great writer is that theyre work is enjoyable to all kinds of people the signs of a lousey writer is that they only write for one specific group.

Also, i mean give it a go theres nothing to lose and if you dont like it you dont have to read the whole thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom