the life of a solo support class.

hammerstunx

Fledgling Freddie
i never like to play a cooki cutter spec. i dislike the min / max the game become
many spec. never get a chance in rvr.( i know i got a matter sorc. fun to play but hard as hell)

i dont run a bb, caus i dont think the game shout be about who have the best buffs.(and my machine wout collaps if i tryed)

playing a support class in rvr is a loong run up a hill, you almost never get a grp, caus you arent the infamous healer/sorc/tank they are looking to fill the grp. up

stand / run around gettting steamrooled 1043 times a nigth bye enemy fg roaming, and get killed bye nigthshades and sb, with their pa ups you got 1500 in dammage 1 hit and is dead,

that is annoyng but a part of the game

woth i realy get mad about is the " you leech on my kill attitude many players display"

you scream on a rezz, af buff, monster rezzz, ect. but if a class who do wooping 60 a swing try to help kill a enemy player, you go bezerk and scream like a 3 year old chield ,

standing all nigth and look for enemys to figth (or try to figth em ), and wenn they come the " it was my kill" attitude realy piss me off.

sombody shout remember not all classes is made to, get the killing , some have a more suportive way in a figth , to try to turn the battel.

i offent get a feeling im a bigger emeny then the one i just send back to their portalkeep, caus i help god forbid kill him

hope i am not the only who feel like the that, caus i will "leech" wennever i fet a chance too help.

hey you leech on that fg i just killed

hammerstunx, flames on the wall :flame:

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely :)

You play the game how you like - take no notice of the FH leet boyz or the alb players that'll watch a mid kill you or the players who want to duel on an rvr bridge and don't want others to share. :twak:

Play the way you like and ignore those that throw tantrums - after all its a rvr zone. I'll add if I like and I don't get pissed if I'm added on - after all it is a realm versus realm world out there. :)

/bow

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Play the Cleric like you want it. Maybe you will rox like Andrilyn and come on top of /stats heal nightly - by soloing.

So screw the winers, shear and heal away :).

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Oh so very true and a very appropriate post!

Play the game the way you want or the only way you can. Its actually just a few people that constantly whine about adding (just check certain peoples post histories, its quite amusing). I've played this game a long time, go back a few years and no one would complain.

Sadly there are a few people that cant cope with dieing, they would rather run in fully opted groups, running over Pugs and smaller groups (these are the ones that tend to complain about the Zergs), or there are the solo players, with the buffbot accounts that like to camp bridges and only pick classes that they think they can easily kill.

Just play the game the way you like and enjoy it!

Belgorian LVL50 Armsman
RR10-Guildmaster of LOE and thoroughly
nice chap!

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
The only real adding in this game is adding up how many mids you`ve released back to their stinking holes
The moto still stands.. if it`s red it`s dead... don`t listen to the hypocrits who mock players for running away from their uber leet fg cos believe me i`ve been 1 on 1 with a lot of them and they soo roxxor joo they run away till they got a decent 7 friends helping them

Solo ftw...

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
Good post ^^ assist me all you want :D killing the enemy is the aim of my game..

bufferer

Fledgling Freddie
haha jst the attitude i like to see and think people know that i find it fun to piss people of gives me a warm feeling inside to be hated of the enemy

/bow

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
What is also sad is that someone cannot get a group.

Infact, looking at the post are you a tic? They should be very groupable characters, they can cause no end of problems against caster groups in the open field.

Maybe rather than uniting behind the evil people who want parity play because that is what they enjoy, you should unite and try and form some groups (full or otherwise), and really help this person out.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Well from a soloer's pov, people who don't want to get added on should stay away from hi-risk areas. Obviously you get frustrated by adds and stealthzergs etc, but that's part of the game. Otherwise we'd just stand around all hugging each other etc.

Of course you might get a /rude /rofl or something like that if you develope a name as a zerger, but you shouldn't really care as it's your game.

Then again everyone and his dog worth their money who usually solo and don't add starts hitting you, you might start having a really bad time in-game, but you shouldn't really care as it's your game.

You might also die collectively by hibs-mids when you add on their fight and they just stop to hit you and then they hug eachother and go their own way, but you shouldn't really care as it's your game.

Then you might realise that there are not that many people playing anymore and there's really nothing to fight, or the only ones around are roglords, competition becomes shite, but you shoudn't care as it's really your game then.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Crom has made some good points.

End of the day, play the game how you like. I think as many people have lost interest in daoc because the 'leet' crew prefer solo one on one fights as for those that get fed up with adding.

Always remind yourself that it's a game and provided it's within the rules feel free to play it how you like :england:

/bow

Miina Ashera

Loyal Freddie
Most of the people who whine about to be added on are stealthers and only a few visibles. if all stealthers and soloers are so honorable then why dont leave casters and other visibles alone and go and do your duels. I dont know how many times I have been "added" on when I have made a nice mezz and started to kill of 2-3 enemies, just to die to a perfect PA. I play to have fun and all whine about fair fights when all leet soloers bend their rules to fit themself whenever they want it seems a bit strange in my opinion. Play to have fun and if you set rules and think all will follow them and whine if they dont then it can't be a game anymore for you but more like a obsession or atleast somekind of work, loosen up and take it less serious :).

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
You might also die collectively by hibs-mids when you add on their fight and they just stop to hit you and then they hug eachother and go their own way, but you shouldn't really care as it's your game.

Fraps it , Report it , get done with it.

and its your game still :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

And? There's nothing saying I can't stop fighting an enemy and kill someone else, actually done it many times and feels great to kill the adding bitch

Himse

FH is my second home
lol, the randoms cry about not being able to kill anything and get groups.

najs najs.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Its a good time to try some fg setups and try some fg scraps (just running a full group i consider a great start even if you arnt in the parity play camp).

At the moment, the only splat group is maelstrom/groove. I'd go so far to suggest being chikens and playing days when you know they arnt out. Weds to Saturday I think.

Maybe some helpful alb could post up some reasonably effective full group setups, and someone with a high alb profile like Kin and/or Muy could have a crack at putting something together on a semi regular basis?

All just a suggestion this, so hope you take it in the good natured context it is meant to be in.

Good luck out there fellow DAOC players.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:

Or you could not waste GOA's time with stuff that's perfectly legal so they can spend it sorting out the server instead of replying to whiners like yourself?

People with your attitude are actually worse than the people screaming don't add at everyone.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Or you could not waste GOA's time with stuff that's perfectly legal so they can spend it sorting out the server instead of replying to whiners like yourself?

People with your attitude are actually worse than the people screaming don't add at everyone.

Well said :<

brad

Fledgling Freddie

Exactly. Pooned ur a fucking muppet tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom