The Latest from Valve

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Two snippets of news from Valve Software...

In a recent HomeLan's interview about Codename Gordon the 2d Half-Life side scrolling game, the guys at Valve ended with the following question (which I think is on the minds of every PC gamer):

HomeLAN - "Finally, we have to ask; how is Half-Life 2 coming along?"
Gabe Newell - "Good. It's in great shape. We anticipate delivering it to Vivendi in August."

Half-Life 2 is coming!...

And the word on the street is Codename Gordon, a side scrolling adventure through the world of Half-Life, has been requested and played by over 600,000 Steam customers since its release.

"The ability to reach this many gamers almost overnight is amazing," said Tim Bruns, art director at Nuclearvision. "Having built a wide installed base for the game through Steam, we can now collect user feedback, integrate that data, and distribute new Codename Gordon content to gamers very soon."

Codename Gordon is available free via the Steam client.

Anyone at FreddysHouse played it?

Source: Planet Half-Life

dysfunction

FH is my second home
SAS said:
And the word on the street is Codename Gordon, a side scrolling adventure through the world of Half-Life, has been requested and played by over 600,000 Steam customers since its release.

"The ability to reach this many gamers almost overnight is amazing," said Tim Bruns, art director at Nuclearvision. "Having built a wide installed base for the game through Steam, we can now collect user feedback, integrate that data, and distribute new Codename Gordon content to gamers very soon."

Anyone at FreddysHouse played it?

Is it available from FH's download pages? Or do you have to buy it?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
have to download it via the steam client

(updates news post) :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Aaah thanks!

I see it on my steam games list. I'm downloading it now...

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
It reminds me of a game that was actually decent but I can't remember it's name. It was "Rage" or "Fury" or something. You had to shoot aliens and stuff. Jump about with the keys, aim with the mouse.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I simply couldn't get the hang of the controls. Moving to each new screen meant rapid mouse moving to stop me pointing the wrong way.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yeah its not very good at all. And the controls suck...

And when you go back to a prev screen everyone you killed is alive again!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
SAS said:
Two snippets of news from Valve Software...

HomeLAN - "Finally, we have to ask; how is Half-Life 2 coming along?"
Gabe Newell - "Good. It's in great shape. We anticipate delivering it to Vivendi in August."

My God!

It's 2003 again?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Interview date: Codename: Gordon Interview - 18 June 2004 11:00 - John [JCal] Callaham.

And other news points to a september release :)

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
WPKenny said:
It reminds me of a game that was actually decent but I can't remember it's name. It was "Rage" or "Fury" or something. You had to shoot aliens and stuff. Jump about with the keys, aim with the mouse.

Thats Genocide on the PC m8 :p

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
WPKenny said:

iirc, it was called 'abuse'. and it was top.

Uriel

Fledgling Freddie
WPKenny said:
I've not played Codename:Gordon but from your description it sounds a lot like Abuse which was great iirc.

Bah! Beaten to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom