The latest daoc poll

W

Whitefall

Personally, I think in relation to the 2nd question about crafting, the option to 'upgrade the quality on created items' was the best option due to the fact that it encompasses all of the different crafts and is just generally a good thing to have (Nothing more annoying/costly than trying to get 100% quality)

I found that the other options were just 'niceties', like the option to create stuff that looks like already created items. That was pretty naff because you'd just have everyone looking the same and/or in epic stuff. I like the unique looks that ppl 'often' ¬_¬ have. Alot of the other options were kinda poor, like the ability to upgrade or enhance loot, whilst an otherwise interesting thing, I think it would only apply to spellcrafters and not really benefit the other crafts.

No point commenting on the other options, they were just stupid or didn't have the greatness of my original option that I chose. Being able to upgrade quality is better for all!

I'd have liked to pick multiple options on that question actually :/

As for the other questions on the poll, well, no comment needed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i picked the stuff about SC being able to make stuff wich i can put on myself :)
would be nice to buy those stuff in housing without having to find a SC'er.

would hopefully drop the prices a bit to.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
New GOA poll

First point...
Make it easier to see there's multiple questions. Every poll that's had more than 1 question i've missed the 2nd and 3rd ones the first time i've answered it. If the proceed to game button is greyed out until i've answered the first then make me answer the second 2 as well!

Secondly..
Anyone else have difficulty actually seeing any option in the new crafting poll that really excited them?
Options like being able to get all items needed with a single click should be implemented as standard not as a revolutionary way to make a boring and pointless exercise slightly less work. The problems with the crafting system are obvious. Take weapon crafters as an example.. it's one of the most expensive tradeskills to get up and when you get to LGM what can you do.. erm... well...

You can make weapons that arn't anywhere near the abilities of artifact/champ weapons and salvage stuff. Same for fletchers. Being able to improve loot drops also isn't really any use for crafters. At the end of the day you'll be able to charge other players less money than you could make in a TD and get no personal benefit out of it other than the abilty to not have to beg other people who also can't be arsed doing it for anything like a reasonable price to do it for you.

How about giving crafters abilities that only they benefit from. A weaponcrafter could be able to customize a weapon to make it more effective to him, a customization that wouldn't work for other people. Then there's actually a reason to train in the trade skill. I have a LGM tailor.. it's easier just to go to a CM and buy stuff than it is to bother crafting it.
Crafting in DAoC is just a timesink for those people who can do other stuff while near their PC. Give spellcrafters the ability to wear items with higher overcharge than people who don't understand how to handle the magical items properly, weaponcrafters more damage with their weapons, alchemists more benefit from pots they use, tailors more protection from their clothes. Now there's actually a reason to level a crafter as it gives you some benefit.

Now make it actually fun to level in the skill. Maybe get 10 points of tailoring by doing a quest that involves killing some oldlands mobs for their skins and making a pair of legs out of it and handing it to the tailors master. Make the mobs around the same level as you would be if you were crafting your own stuff as you leveled. Not only would it give a reason to go kill mobs in the old areas, as they are unused at the moment, but it would tie it into your leveling process and make it feel part of the game instead of just a badly implemented system tacked on afterwards.

The way it is at the moment, being a LGM crafter isn't a good thing. It's a burden having your mates ask you to craft stuff for them for next to no profit. When being a LGM crafter is actually something you try and hide whenever possible, there's something very wrong with the system!

W

Whitefall

Yeah, you've got a point there. Although, it'd be tough trying to find SC kits that actually do the SCing that you want to do, I fail to see how they can implement this without giving the user alot of flexibility in what they SC.
For example; If it's the case whereby a SCer makes a kit that gives 4 stealth, 15 dex, 15 qui. What if that's not right for you? What if you want something more specific? The only way it'd be able to work is if they basically made individual kits for the individual SC gems, like a kit for +4 stealth, and a seperate kit for 15 dex, etc. and then you'd have to sorta put them all together into one kit. I really really don't think this option is a possible one.
Unless you can suggest a better method that they'd allow people to SC?
Don't you think it kinda demeans the SC'er and makes them seem less important?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
it would probably only be a problem for the ppl thats insisting on using ROG's in their template.

i mean, theres just so many "fixed" items per class that will acually FIT in a template. sure, at first maybe it would be hard to find what u want, but it really depends how much orders the SC'er have made. that will allow him to predict wich of the gems sells best. and offcourse the SC'er will still get random orders for customized gems so i dont think it will be that bad.

and i dont think it will make SC'ers less important. they are still required to make the actual gems so.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I put the all items have same imbue / no overcharging option.

At a stroke that's goodbye to long crafting times trying to get MP armour/weapons and 99% Gems.

Darzil

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
I put the all items have same imbue / no overcharging option.

At a stroke that's goodbye to long crafting times trying to get MP armour/weapons and 99% Gems.

Darzil

yeah that would also be a great thing. no more 35p+ for a MP hauberk.

i want both that and the SC kits ;)

W

Whitefall

If you went the option to upgrade anything you made (Like I chose), you could just upgrade your 99% qua item to 100% qua anyway. Then upgrade the gems that you want to go in it so as to ensure you get a really good chance to overcharge.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
None of the options in the crafting poll would actually make me want to start crafting, it just takes waaay too long to get to a decent skillevel in it.

Chilly

Balls of steel
imagine all the old skool crafterds from the diogel days who have 3,4,5 LGM all suddely coming back and kicking everyones asses with their insanely overpowered shit :D I know I would ;)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
imagine all the old skool crafterds from the diogel days who have 3,4,5 LGM all suddely coming back and kicking everyones asses with their insanely overpowered shit :D I know I would ;)

1 point more overcharge possible on an item would allow for slightly better templates but wouldn't be overpowered. A LGM weaponcrafter with a 16.5dps weapon at rr1 instead of rr5 wouldn't be game alteringly powerful. It would give some insentive to actually level a tradeskill however.

It would only apply to the character in question so you could only have 1 tradeskill bonus on your character. Something that gave you the same kind of bonuses you get for being CL5 but for being LGM instead. Give the same kind of questing ability to get there and you'd have a fun crafting system with a reason for doing it.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
I think alot of the crafters wants a total rewamp of the system, not just some minor adjustments as stated in that poll. I want it made more fun to skill up and craft. Also as already stated Weaponcrafts and Fletching are out of date and needs to be updated.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Asking about using voicechat software in a non-anonomous poll is useless information for goa/mythic since the poll will not be answered by everyone right. Of course goa/mythic will not bann all accounts that answer that they have used voicechat-software and therefore are breaking coc and admitting they did so. but the poll will contribute absolutely useless information since it will not be answered as intended. Its a good question to ask since almost everyone use voicechat nowadays, but makeing a poll that is not anonomous will provide goa/mythic with false information. I wonder what bright person had this idea. Its like interviewing public persons if they ever downloaded music from internet or use to visit stripclubs, of course they never do that. Why doesnt goa/mythic hire a marketing company like everyone else.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I missed the option of totally revamping crafting from scratch, or making it more interesting than sitting there reading a book for 3 weeks /played to become semi-good rather than actually playing the game we paid for. Or giving crafted items something unique compared to drops. Or.......

Like Flim says, the questions are there, just too ambigious or not the right ones.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I dont know if voicechat software is against coc or not according to goa. if i know them right they wait until later to decide about that. im mostly annoyed at their polls which are very non professionally made, and since they ask their questions wrong they will almost always get false or useless information.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Farbaute2 said:
I dont know if voicechat software is against coc or not according to goa. if i know them right they wait until later to decide about that. im mostly annoyed at their polls which are very non professionally made, and since they ask their questions wrong they will almost always get false or useless information.

voice chat software is not against the coc, otherwise people using skype would be in shit as well as those that use mobile phones, landlines, Instant messaging or tin cans with a bit of string, you cant stop people talking to each other...

:m00:

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Whitefall said:
Yeah, you've got a point there. Although, it'd be tough trying to find SC kits that actually do the SCing that you want to do, I fail to see how they can implement this without giving the user alot of flexibility in what they SC.
For example; If it's the case whereby a SCer makes a kit that gives 4 stealth, 15 dex, 15 qui. What if that's not right for you? What if you want something more specific? The only way it'd be able to work is if they basically made individual kits for the individual SC gems, like a kit for +4 stealth, and a seperate kit for 15 dex, etc. and then you'd have to sorta put them all together into one kit. I really really don't think this option is a possible one.
Unless you can suggest a better method that they'd allow people to SC?
Don't you think it kinda demeans the SC'er and makes them seem less important?

I think it would/should work like this; the spellcrafters can make and sell one-use kits that lets anyone simulate being a spellcrafter when it comes to imbuing items. Then the spellcrafters can sell the kits and individual gems separately and the buyers can mix and match as they want. Perhaps more advanced kits can simulate different SC skill too, all the way up to 1000 SC skill.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
How about giving crafters abilities that only they benefit from. A weaponcrafter could be able to customize a weapon to make it more effective to him, a customization that wouldn't work for other people. Then there's actually a reason to train in the trade skill. I have a LGM tailor.. it's easier just to go to a CM and buy stuff than it is to bother crafting it.
Crafting in DAoC is just a timesink for those people who can do other stuff while near their PC. Give spellcrafters the ability to wear items with higher overcharge than people who don't understand how to handle the magical items properly, weaponcrafters more damage with their weapons, alchemists more benefit from pots they use, tailors more protection from their clothes. Now there's actually a reason to level a crafter as it gives you some benefit.

this would be good and give an incentive to go to lgm

Strider

Fledgling Freddie
The crafting system needs a complete re-vamp imho.

None of the options excited me. The crafting system need to work so that from day 1 you can make things that people want to buy. I played SWG in the early days and as soon as I started crafting I could make things that people would buy. Mind you there was a good market system to help you sell.

Crafting should not be another way of letting people with lots of time create stuff that is better than those with less time to spend on it.

Back on excal I used to make armour for all the new characters I could see. In my time getting my Armourcrafter up to LGM I had very few requests for armour. A little for people going into Thid (/level chars who had no drops I guess). Sad becasuse I really liked making suff for people. I did sell a bit from my consignment merchant.

Having been back to look at the merchant with my AC's stuff on I see that nothing is selling these days. I guess because of the aurulite armour that is available.

One final modification that is needed is the ability for characters to generate enough money to buy stuff. When Glastonbury persuated me back I started a SM on the grounds that Mystics are cheap to arm and armour and have used him to generate money for the characters I want to play SB and Hunter. And people wonder why noobs find the game hard to get on with ^^

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
i think the crafting system in daoc should be ALOT more, if not similar, to the crafting system in wow..

i havent been bottered to level a crafter to lgm. its just to booring, takes ALOT of cash, and you dont benefit from it, inless you really enjoy it. it should be something you do as you are out in the open areas while you are farming, and the mobs should drop the ingreediences to the items you make.

crafting system in daoc sux totally ass. and should be completely remade.. respect to you guys that have crafted your way to lgm xxx!

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Everyone who uses Vent while playing should be banned! Cheaters.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:

Oldskool was CWS!

Before they fixed the forge, so you could craft through the wall - it was like some kind of weird line-up for a firing squad. And all of us who crafted in those days (farming green cons to raise the cash to craft more?!) definately should have been shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom