The king is dead - long live the king!

Kurt

Fledgling Freddie
Well, RIP Barrysworld. I used to love the Barrysworld servers as I use to get a decent ping and there were mostly Brits and few Yanks on them. Sorry that it didn't work out and you didn't get rediculously rich doing what you love.

Anyway, very glad to see the Phoenix rising from the ashes and I hope Freddyshouse goes from strength to strength.

If you guys need anything like server admins (I play mostly BF1942), forum moderators or whatever then please feel free to drop me a line. I'm reasonably reputable (to anyone that doesn't know me) and have a long history of gaming - two of my sites are the TFC Encyclopedia (http://www.planetfortress.com/tfce) and the AAO Dropzone (http://aaodz.com) so I have tried to give a little back (though real life means they've not been updated for a while).

Good luck chaps and happy christmas.

ManDevil

One of Freddy's beloved
looks like everybody has moved here already, hardly any new posts on BW - only goodbye barrysworld threads

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Shows an awful lot about the lack of affection for GAME really. You remember the previous times BW nearly closed down? People genuinely cried. This time it just seems to be "shug shoulders, move on to something better". Which I'd feel bad about, except that the better people are the 'real' people from Barrysworld, so no one loses. Sortof.

OK, that ended up rambling rather too much... I'll try and remember not to (try and) be meaningful again... Except in threads about Matrix films.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I think the reason people don't really care this time is that, in essence, this forum is Barrysworld, just under a different name.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
fatbusinessman said:
I think the reason people don't really care this time is that, in essence, this forum is Barrysworld, just under a different name.
This is the answer really. When BW was going to close before it was bad news because all the servers most of us used were going to disappear.
In this case the only things that are going to go are the bw emails , the web hosting. There aint any servers any one uses anyway.
The forum's going, but hey theres another one here, with the same people, and its still green.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
throdgrain said:
This is the answer really. When BW was going to close before it was bad news because all the servers most of us used were going to disappear.
In this case the only things that are going to go are the bw emails , the web hosting. There aint any servers any one uses anyway.
The forum's going, but hey theres another one here, with the same people, and its still green.

And hopefully we can offer emails at freddyshouse.com soon :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
The only reason I was fretting was, not because I would have nowhere to play, but cuz this is probably the best community out there... and I have tried a few of the others, so ner :p

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't want to pay for all the Barrysworld services that I'd enjoyed for free so I never took out a subscription. The main reason I never subscribed was that when GAME took over, they stopped running the Q3F public servers and the league. However I feel guilty now that BW has closed down. And I'll have to find a new e-mail address! Argh!

Kurt

Fledgling Freddie
Patriarch said:
I didn't want to pay for all the Barrysworld services that I'd enjoyed for free so I never took out a subscription.

Same here I'm ashamed to say. Thought that Barrys had "gone commerical" and that would be that. End of an era, etc.

Anyway, that was then. Can't wait to start fragging on Barryshouse..er...Freddysworld...no...Freddyshouse (hurrah!) servers.

Shall I share something with you all. I've spent the last half hour massaging butter into a slimy dead turkey. And I enjoyed it. Is that so wrong?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Well there you go lads, if you had paid maybe it would be different.
Dont even get me started on the "forum users aint even the same as server users " conversation :)

Kurt

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:

Quite right matey. Know that now. Better late than never eh?

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
fatbusinessman said:

I have to agree there also. BW was gone along time ago the green forum we all choose to use was just a disguise it was still Game.Net underneath. :(

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Clown said:
... this is probably the best community out there...
ALL IN FOR A CLOWN COMMUNITY GANG-BANG AND BUKKAKE EXTRAVAGANZA!

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
I know someone who will be up for the BUKKAKE no names though...

WIJ !

Clown

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
It might not have been different too.

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I'd have donated £1.67 to see that, but I would have turned over the instant that **** from Bo Selecta turned up. AND NO MISTAKE.

Sar

Part of the furniture
*smug*

I was one of the very first BW subs, just a bloody pity there weren't more people with my attitude.

IE: If you use it, and it costs money to provide the service, then fucking well pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom