The irony is killing me.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh come on it isn't a patch on the black fly in my chardonnay.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Bodhi said:
Oh come on it isn't a patch on the black fly in my chardonnay.

Aha but it most defintely is on the same level as the rain on my wedding day.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby would hate to see a ghost, it's the thing he fears the most. He'd rather have a piece of toast.. :twak:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:
Aha but it most defintely is on the same level as the rain on my wedding day.
All I needed was a fucking knife. What're the odds! :\

Lack of human intelligence has been blamed for the belief that stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction existed in Iraq before the war.

Couldn't have put it better myself, tbh.

OblongChicken

Fledgling Freddie
leggy said:

You know, sorry to go against the grain of bashing Bush here, but it's venturing into the realms of ignorance and wilful stupidity. And boring. Yeah, it's long been established that Bush is of fairly average intelligence, but that doesn't have a bearing on the lack of WMDs, and constant insinuations that it does is so so small minded. Dislike Bush for the right reasons, don't pick one reason and then link it to another. It's this kind of sloppy thinking that bothers me. If people aren't interested in genuine, valid reasons for criticising Bush then it kind of undermines the integrity of political discourse. "Bush is a dumb cowboy and because of this he makes stupid decisions like invading dictator states unprovoked." That's just retarded thinking. I doubt even Bush himself is guilty of that particular crime.

You know, of course, leggy, that this is a general moan, not directed at you personally :fluffle:

leggy

Probably Scottish
I wasn't bush bashing as such. I just find it funny he used those exact words when, by now, he must know exactly the opinion a lot of people have of him.

I was aiming my thread at the headline. Nothing else.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Well, contrary to what many people know, Bush actually scored quite high marks at school (his SATs were higher than a lot of respected politicians). That was a long time ago, and an ocean of booze (he is a "dry drunk" isn't he?) and a mountain of cocaine stands between then and now.

/Rant

But the fact is, he's chosen to be stupid! This is a man who has actively shunned anything intellectual, he has no thought process beyond "what feels right to me?", "what do I BELIEVE I should do right now?".

He doesn't fukin read anything, ever! On the topic of WMD, his security guys could have given him anything, he doesn't fekin read the shit! It's like Homer Simpon as President "I'm not signing anything until I read it thoroughly...or someone gives me the jist of it.".

He evaluates nothing. He doesn't "think through" anything. He has no idea what the consequences of his actions will be.

This wooly-mushy, non-thinking, approach then manifests itself in an astonishing array of contradictory policies which effect just about the whole planet (what with him being President of the only remaining superpower - excluding China, of course).

Dangerous, dangerous, man. Stupid, stupid, people who voted for him. Tests proved that people with a low IQ overwhelmingly voted for Bush, the dumbing-down of America has entered a new self-perpetuating phase...ever decreasing circles etc.

/Rant

...the true irony is voting him back in to make the world a safer place. War on Terra, indeed.

OblongChicken

Fledgling Freddie
Paradroid said:
Well, contrary to what many people know, Bush actually scored quite high marks at school (his SATs were higher than a lot of respected politicians). That was a long time ago, and an ocean of booze (he is a "dry drunk" isn't he?) and a mountain of cocaine stands between then and now.

You have a link or anything to support this assertion?

/Rant

But the fact is, he's chosen to be stupid! This is a man who has actively shunned anything intellectual, he has no thought process beyond "what feels right to me?", "what do I BELIEVE I should do right now?".

He doesn't fukin read anything, ever! On the topic of WMD, his security guys could have given him anything, he doesn't fekin read the shit! It's like Homer Simpon as President "I'm not signing anything until I read it thoroughly...or someone gives me the jist of it.".

He evaluates nothing. He doesn't "think through" anything. He has no idea what the consequences of his actions will be.

This wooly-mushy, non-thinking, approach then manifests itself in an astonishing array of contradictory policies which effect just about the whole planet (what with him being President of the only remaining superpower - excluding China, of course).

Do you actually have anything to back up all this up with? Or even some of it? The real irony here is that most Bush-bashers are just as stupid as Bush.

Dangerous, dangerous, man. Stupid, stupid, people who voted for him. Tests proved that people with a low IQ overwhelmingly voted for Bush, the dumbing-down of America has entered a new self-perpetuating phase...ever decreasing circles etc.

Stupid people voted for him? Paradroid, based on what you've written here, i have encountered people FAR smarter than you who voted for him. But i'm sure a fair few stupid people voted for him, and probably a similar amount voted for Kerry. I think Americans are guilty, in general, of completely failing to understand how the world perceives them, or why, but i also think Bush bashers are equally guilty of failing to understand why Americans did vote for him. They have different attitudes, values and concerns over there; it's absurd to view Bush through your own attitudes, values and concerns and then call them stupid for not seeing him in the same way.

The stupid people here are those who think things are so simple that everything can be summed up as 'Bush=stupid'. Oh man, the irony is killing me.

leggy

Probably Scottish
My god people. Stop turning this into something it wasn't.

It was the title of the article that amused me. The fact that those words were used. I wasn't questioning Bush's intellect. Oblong, I know you said it wasn't a personal attack, I just can't help feeling it was.

It was a passing remark. One I wish I hadn't made now as people just can't seem to get off their perpetual soap box. Take it for what it was, a little dig, and stfu :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I know what you meant Leggy - some people can't help their over-analytical, pedantic posts ;).

Uriel

Fledgling Freddie
Although I don't believe for a moment that Junior Bush is the drooling Neanderthal he's often made out to be (a mass-murdering pig-fucker maybe, but not stupid). I thought the headline was pretty funny and the fact that people generally misrepresent Bush and his ilk doesn't change that one iota.

OblongChicken

Fledgling Freddie
Although it feels slightly wrong to be explaining myself...

I just like to point these things out. If i read something that annoys me, i'll be inclined to comment. I wasn't annoyed by the humour in leggy's link.

But i think i made some damn good points. If certain people would rather i wrote, "Yes, isn't Bush the stupidest, here's a smilie :clap:" well, that isn't going to happen. But c'mon, surely someone is actually going to read what i wrote and not think 'god another post that is more than 4 lines long' or 'crap, a contrary post that doesn't go along with the original post in the thread, i don't like that'. Surely?

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
OblongChicken said:
"...ooo...I love George Bush...ooo...he's so smart...ooo..."

:D

(My listening skills are terrible.)

OblongChicken said:
The stupid people here are those who think things are so simple that everything can be summed up as 'Bush=stupid'. Oh man, the irony is killing me.

Where did anyone say that?

I thought I was para?

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom