The Hero and New Frontiers!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I want to know which Ra's to you get with New Frontiers and why!

I go for: (RR9)

Mastery of Blocking 3

Determination 3 (Not sure about this, do i need it in New Frontiers?)

Purge 2

Soldiers Barricade 3 ( uber!)

Dashing Defence 2 (25 Seconds should be enough to decide a fight most of the time)

Der Ice

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Thats exactly what I would like, but maybe purge3 and forget determination.

After all new det 3 is less effective than old det 1 :/

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Have not worked it out yet. But I can foresee a problem here for the LW and Spear hero's.

Will a Hero who wants to use a 2 handed weapon and his shield for guarding duties have to spread his realm abilities too thin? So actually he would be better of deciding either full offence or full defence, because the realm abilities are too expensive to support a hybrid spec? Remember you also want to buy things like Det, Purge and IP on top of the RA's to help defend and attack.

Yes its always been like this, but I see your list Ice of RA's and its not as long as a RR9 list would be under the current system, this is why I am assuming the new system is far more expensive and will dmg a hybrid spec?

Do you think so or am I wrong ?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Omega said:
Do you think so or am I wrong ?

I think your partialy right, I feel (as a grp hero) we are pushed more towards the defence and less on offence, I guess we dont get to pickup the new more agressive RAs, but we dont lose much that we have now except a few levels of master of pain maybe?

Ive thought several times recenty about respeccing to s/s, but at the end of the day i cant resist being able to pull out a 2h weapon with 50 weaponspec and wtfpwn :)

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Ive thought several times recenty about respeccing to s/s, but at the end of the day i cant resist being able to pull out a 2h weapon with 50 weaponspec and wtfpwn :)

That's exactly it. we don't want to loose the damage output but yet want a good defence. The new RA's make this harder to achieve then the current ones. So from a 2 handed user the new RA's are a bit harsh.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
I'm probably gonna go for Soldier's Barricade 3 and Purge 2 and then start pumping the passives, mainly aug str, long wind 1/2, mopain and a mix of avoidance of magic and determination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom