The grass is always greener...

B

Brannor McThife

...on the other side?

VN Boards...

Um...ya...gee...if I was an American, reading those boards, I'd be posting threads like "Thinking of moving to EU version..."

:rolleyes:

-G

O

old.ElDiablo

What exactly is he saying we have that they dont have? BTW even if Mythic was shit too does that justify GOA being shit too does it?

O

old.Godspeed:D

jeez a post from brannor, i thought u died or something :eek6:

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Godspeed:D
jeez a post from brannor, i thought u died or something :eek6:

naa he has just been out teaching the monkeys new tricks

K

krait

Originally posted by dittytwo

naa he has just been out teaching the monkeys new tricks

....Probably teaching Kobolds how to sit up and beg :p

O

old.Twiztid

The grass is greener over there atm, christ think what the usa boards would be like if they had to put up with goa's service. i feel like mythic actually earn their money by the work they do in customer support, patching etc. goa earn jack shit atm, robbing the euro people.

1 event per 3 months or a great service.....i know which i'd be paying for, and i know which i am paying for.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Twiztid
1 event per 3 months...

Really? REALLY? And you know this as a fact? This is a game, look for events INGAME...they don't come to you...well, not always.

-G

O

old.Prof

have to note that the average VN board poster also hates (opinions are of them, not mine):

- Everquest / Verant : bunch of nazis who want to squeeze every $ out of you
- Anarchy Online : worst release in gaming history ...
- Asheron's Call : cheatfest
- Shadowbane : vaporware
- Sometimes SW:G too (for various reasons)
- Lineage : The Bloodpledge : utter crap

I sometimes really wonder why they're still interested in MMORPGs as they seem to hate every single one of em ...

(that in order to place the DAoC flammage on the VN boards in a perspective
;) )

O

old.Twiztid

and Brannor if you look back at almost every post youve made, its kissing GOA's arse. Surely if you were a regular player youd know that we are getting a poor service. Really makes me think that you are actually a GOA employee or something, maybe its you sitting in your bedroom doing the translations on babblefish or something ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

/rumour Brannor works for GOA

I think I read that somewhere ;)

O

old.Woodmansee

Go go euro
test everything out on the yanks for us plz :))
then patch us when your ready
woot woot I like it

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Trine Aquavit
/rumour Brannor works for GOA

I think I read that somewhere ;)

Quit it you.

;)

No. I don't work for GOA, I actually would probably slap GOA executives till they cried like the little girls they are. I just know that Kemor and Zargar are working to make the ENGLISH (not UK :cool: ) servers better for us. The fact that they have lots of mofo's above them just makes it hard.

/em gets out his now pre-printed speech.

No, I don't work for GOA,
I am not GOA,
I don't like GOA.

;)

-G

G

Galatea

brannor, you probably talk to kemor, ask him to convince to higher ups to allow separate patching of the english servers ;)

F

Flimgoblin

I guess the other servers is not just a 'people will migrate' thing...

there may be legal implications - haven't a clue about that so we can discount it for the moment.

But they also have to support two patch servers, two sets of customer support (waah I fell through the wall - what version are you in what server etc.)

More infrastructure so more cost.

That and the mythic patches are generally not fixed until a month after they're released :)

I'd rather see the translation streamlined so it's fast rather than a separate version for the english lot.
A week is reasonable (the 2 to 3 days didn't sound possible to me... but hey you never know) I could live with 2, hell even a month at a push. 3 months is taking the piss though... I really hope they improve that.

O

old.krondor

Grass is greener if ur on italian servers they have 1.50 and there be going 3 weeks so lol

O

old.Sami

I used to play Jumpgate before I moved to DAoC.. back there MG (=GoA here) was more than pleased to give players the tools and manpower to organize their own events. Equipment that's not supposed to be in game, GMs online, playing roles in the plot.. etcetc. I did script and organize one event.. Think about 50-100 players took part in it in someway or another.

I heard today that one abysmal in Coruscating Mine suddenly ran to a fighting group, said "eep, too many" and then ran off. There you have an event.

E

erl

Oh, are they not happy on the US servers either? Unexpected? Thing is, if something made me quit this game it would much sooner be all the whining and complaining on goa than the delay of the patches... Just my two cents..

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Sami
I heard today that one abysmal in Coruscating Mine suddenly ran to a fighting group, said "eep, too many" and then ran off. There you have an event.
It was a GM having fun, the group were talking to him earlier :)

About Brannor kissing GOAs ass... I don't think so... he can just withstand the slow patching better than most, like me for example :)

A

Ardwan

hehe Brannor is funny....the flames against Brannor are even funnier :)

Keep em coming, i'm sure him and his monkeys laugh their asses off at some of the flames against him too ;)

If he wasn't a bleedin mid I might stick up fer the guy once in awhile, but nah, his hard head can take many more insults, so keep em coming :p

D

Damon_D

Hmmm I seen one event whilst I been playing DAoC , and that was in blody beta......Hmm maybe its because I play a little later than the usual player..but most events in UO ran for days, not an hour :(

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Hmmm I seen one event whilst I been playing DAoC , and that was in blody beta......Hmm maybe its because I play a little later than the usual player..but most events in UO ran for days, not an hour :(

Like it was said in another thread, the main EU events will not start until after the patch, because there is no point changing something, if the patch is going to reset it all.
But I am sure that there are a lot of stories in store for us :)

F

Feldegast

That robot attack in AO was some cool shit.. how about a massive Deamhan Aire or Siabra launch at Howth ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Damon Doombring
Then again UO has been around a bit longer... but also consider this, UO has no good PvP :p
Factions are a joke :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom