The frustrations and satisfaction of arti's

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
My story about Gem of lost memories,

Well this episode started Friday, every now and again i’d swim around hesp to see if gem of lost memories was up, each and every time I got to the island there was a trio of Rtoo, Rtooo and a necro, all grouped obviously. Camping out the site, now fair enough people camp sites I can understand that so I thought not much of it.

On Saturday the whole day, kinda went through the same steps, every now and again when I ended anywhere close to a jinn stone I’d check up to see if Gem of Lost memories was up, but again on arriving on the island every time the same three people are camping, fair enough they must want the encounter really bad.

Here comes Sunday, again each time I end up in hesp I check up on Gem of lost memories and guess who’s camping it, the same dam people, I start wondering if they have anything else they want.

Monday morning too unwell to go to work so I load up daoc swim up to gem of lost memories and guess who’s there, your right Rtoo and his crew. This is starting to get annoying for the last 4 days each time I come to this arti its camped by the same people. So I ask them a few questions to find out that they have already killed night terror and all have the encounter, they have been continuously camping the site for the gem. I know its not against CoC or anything but come on 4 days on the trot not giving anyone else a chance, and not that you aint killed it already, just being a little greedy, however…….this story doesn’t have a sad ending.

10 o’clock odd I just finished dinner and on my way to bed, thought I’d have one last attempt at Gem of lost memories, log in swim upto gem of lost memories, kill a few harpies with no luck, than just as I sit down waiting for the counters to run down 15….10…. pop theirs night terror, I stand up and take him down with my necro not really hard, and to my amazement there it was, Gem of Lost memories arti dropped on the first time I killed it with my necro (killed it once with my wiz and a few guildies who wanted enc credit).

I sat there and felt satisfied when I thought back at Rtoo and his little crew, who had camped the sight since Friday not really giving anyone else a chance at the arti, and after 4 days of camping they didn’t get the arti and here’s me annoyed and frustrated at not even being allowed to camp it, and on the first attempt there she is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
so rtoo and co. got crap luck with drops?

it's not 100% drop on the gem, so they're well within their rights to keep camping it till they get one each (though it's mind numbingly dull ;)) - can't whinge at them for that.

If all they were doing was camping it to sell for silly prices then you may have a point ;)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
yeah camping sucks, greed doesnt always pay off and i did wanna piss Rtoo off a little (glad u picked up on that hehe), I can understand camping fair enough people want items and will camp to get it. What i cant understand is inconsiderate camping, you've camped an arti that a fair few want, u camp it for 4 days on the trot (including the weekend, which a lot of working people only get to play the game for any long period), which more or less disables anyone else from trying for it. It wasnt the point of camping i was having a go at it was the point of continously camping one site over a few days and not leaving even after you've killed the mob, but you carrying on camping day after day after day. In my opinion thats just inconsiderate to everyone else who might have wanted to try it. This isnt a solo game.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
There is nothing more crappy than camping artis. I remember camping GsV for several days and boy did you get bored.

Hum did I click on the right forum? :eek7: :touch:

;)

Zephos

Fledgling Freddie
people who camp arties for days on end really need to find sumit better to do :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Kelio said:
:eek6: isnt gsv a quest arti? = always up?

No it isnt. The vest lies there and once it gets picked up(By someone who have recieved the gloves), it disappears and is on a spawn timer.

I dont know if maybe it got hung up or something but at the time when I got my GsV we where 4-5 ppl at most camping it day in and day out. :)

Nemlius

Fledgling Freddie
Gsv have 12 hour repop i think :/ ive been there once for something like that lol.... Gsv is silly tbh spend quite a bit time getting wings if you dunno any who can farm em easy, then spend hours getting good faction (doing the quests or killing seetians) then 15 mins deviding the wings for the quest npc ..then maybe 12 hour repop on vest lol ;) and what really made my day was someone took it just in front of me LOL...

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Nemlius said:
Gsv have 12 hour repop i think :/ ive been there once for something like that lol.... Gsv is silly tbh spend quite a bit time getting wings if you dunno any who can farm em easy, then spend hours getting good faction (doing the quests or killing seetians) then 15 mins deviding the wings for the quest npc ..then maybe 12 hour repop on vest lol ;) and what really made my day was someone took it just in front of me LOL...

bah i bought the frigging wings for 1p, did both mau quests 5 times each killed several seitans, then i went on ml4 raid and did that zerg step (where you need to kill a green con mau thingy) then someone in /g said "lol hope noone tries to get GsV since its bugged and you reset faction if you kill 1...

hmm im guessing ill never get gsv :(

how do you get credit? i might consider buying it if i dont have to get that frigging faction.

Foo

Fledgling Freddie
i guess handin the mau all the 50 wings will get u just credit ...tbh dont fink any 1 farms this arti as it has a quest theame to it dunno if any on houseing..good luck tho

Xenny

Fledgling Freddie
took about 6 times doing mau of bastet quest to get faction + the ml4 thing dont reset it! trust me, i did it + still have mau faction :)

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Fyi it popped ONCE for 50+ hours and gem didnt drop. I wanted gem in my SC but guess I wont get it.

Kalidur said:
they have already killed night terror and all have the encounter
= Wrong

Kalidur said:
and not that you aint killed it already, just being a little greedy, however
= Wrong

Kalidur said:
I sat there and felt satisfied when I thought back at Rtoo and his little crew, who had camped the sight since Friday
Kalidur, If You fall down a ladder or something can You please email me so I can laugh a bit ?

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Actually the greedy ones are the ones camping it and then selling it for 10p on CM's Making it impossible to just do it once for encounter and then buy it.

The problem is not really camping(I have allways let anyone join for credit if I did it) the problem is it should drop everytime. Then it would not be needed to camp so much and the price on CM's would go down.

Camping bad but if you dont do it, you either need to be filthy rich or never get an arti.(except Kalares ;P)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
it seems that it is not always the artifact itselfe that forms a reason for causing problems. Most off the times events and certain artifacts are farmed because they give additionel drops that are verry nice. Uncommon drops that a lot off ppl use in their templates. So everyone has a reason for doing an artifact mutiple times and trying to get it done as many times as possible.

This itselfe isn't a problem but if those ppl mess up events or artifacts for ppl that need it or would use it... and if they then sell the artifacts... it is indeed pretty unfair.

Nothing will ever change, been out of pve for a long time... since i got back to hunting i already had one encounter again with camp claimers... gmoney or something with a mate... calling me a nob for no reason but a necro pet on a spot they didn't like. then flaming me with words they probably don't comprehend themselves... or read them in some magazine.

Toa is a problem and always will cause problems... i don't like it.. i think no one does like it.

camping is allowed...
it doesn't give anyone the right to flame another person passing or moving an inch closer to the spot you are camping....
it doesn't give you any right on a spawn or mob....
it doesn't give you any reason to act rude... or thou shalst be acted rude against...(my speciality)
First pull first served...
end case.. next mob next pull...
what you don't get today will maybe happen tomorrow.

ps: today i gave a tartaros arti away for free.. some mate did it,failed.. i got there shortly after, did event.. gave em tart...

o bless thee iron..

ps2: i'm roaming with a necro atm... if i see a camper at an artifact i will ignore him.. If he can't do the event when i pass.. i will pull.. He will have the oppertunity to join in on a BG...IF i feel like it ,he will be allowed to lotto.. IF i don't feel like it... tough luck. Call it lack off respect? not really, just lucky that i can do it when i pass... without camping.

Nemlius

Fledgling Freddie
Kelio said:
how do you get credit? i might consider buying it if i dont have to get that frigging faction.

credit comes from picking up the vest ..not sure if you can do it as grp tho

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
hehe Nemlius.. yeah i remember when that bugger stealthed in and nicked it after MANY hours of camping by you.. was not a happy bunny was you? :)

gotta ask u though.. scout? u gonna try shoot me if u see me? ;) bloody traitor :p hehe

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Nemlius said:
credit comes from picking up the vest ..not sure if you can do it as grp tho

(if it is about Gsv)
i recall helping a couple off ppl getting credit and the artifact when they weren't neutral to faction.

THey just group up , stealth inside the camp.

This while neutral (buffbot or something) get's the wings, changes en into gloves wares gloves and picks up the vest.

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
Red HATred said:
it seems that it is not always the artifact itselfe that forms a reason for causing problems. Most off the times events and certain artifacts are farmed because they give additionel drops that are verry nice. Uncommon drops that a lot off ppl use in their templates. So everyone has a reason for doing an artifact mutiple times and trying to get it done as many times as possible.

This itselfe isn't a problem but if those ppl mess up events or artifacts for ppl that need it or would use it... and if they then sell the artifacts... it is indeed pretty unfair.

Nothing will ever change, been out of pve for a long time... since i got back to hunting i already had one encounter again with camp claimers... gmoney or something with a mate... calling me a nob for no reason but a necro pet on a spot they didn't like. then flaming me with words they probably don't comprehend themselves... or read them in some magazine.

Toa is a problem and always will cause problems... i don't like it.. i think no one does like it.

camping is allowed...
it doesn't give anyone the right to flame another person passing or moving an inch closer to the spot you are camping....
it doesn't give you any right on a spawn or mob....
it doesn't give you any reason to act rude... or thou shalst be acted rude against...(my speciality)
First pull first served...
end case.. next mob next pull...
what you don't get today will maybe happen tomorrow.

ps: today i gave a tartaros arti away for free.. some mate did it,failed.. i got there shortly after, did event.. gave em tart...

o bless thee iron..

ps2: i'm roaming with a necro atm... if i see a camper at an artifact i will ignore him.. If he can't do the event when i pass.. i will pull.. He will have the oppertunity to join in on a BG...IF i feel like it ,he will be allowed to lotto.. IF i don't feel like it... tough luck. Call it lack off respect? not really, just lucky that i can do it when i pass... without camping.

You are an utter nob my friend was campin mad scalars when he turned up and put his pet on aggressive on the spawn spot, which pissed my m8 off. I realy cudnt care what u think, like i said ur so stupid its quite funny

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
i have a toon parked at several arti's - when i start playing, i usually load up the toon first, see if the arti is up or camped - if its up i do a tell in guild chat and AS chat - then i log my necro in and do the encounter - even if ppl have been camping - they are just saddo's :) (i would never steal someones encounter if they had already started it - or if there was a group there at the time that i turned up)

If its not up then i will just go and have fun in the game (which is what its all about btw) - like getting ganked by / ganking - the pink-boot-brigade (i love being stomped by those BIG pink boots)

Camping = sad ppl with far too much time on their hands

Redflower

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, camping is crap, I don't play this game in order to stare at the screen for hours on end waiting for an arti to pop, is not my idea of having a good time anyway. On the other hand some people camp artis for a living or so it would seem, possible solution to this problem could be to make artis drop 100% of the time but only those people present at the encounter can actually activate that particular drop. Would stop people from farming/selling (because no one who bought the item could actually activate it) in my opinion.

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
i have a toon parked at several arti's - when i start playing, i usually load up the toon first, see if the arti is up or camped - if its up i do a tell in guild chat and AS chat - then i log my necro in and do the encounter - even if ppl have been camping - they are just saddo's :) (i would never steal someones encounter if they had already started it - or if there was a group there at the time that i turned up)

If its not up then i will just go and have fun in the game (which is what its all about btw) - like getting ganked by / ganking - the pink-boot-brigade (i love being stomped by those BIG pink boots)

Camping = sad ppl with far too much time on their hands

Well thats your opinion of course. Another aspect is ppl who want to finish artis asap to get out and rvr. But is forced to camp due to your kind doing artis without needing them, to sell or whatever reason it might be. No I dont pay your sub so You can do whatever You want.

Personally I HATE the pve grind in daoc, but find rvr fun. All the hours I have to spend prepping chars is a pita. Give back "level char to 50, SC and have fun" era.

I find Kalidurs post kind of ironic since i Have never once camped an arti for profit only. All I want is to get the artis I planned in my temp and be done with it zZzZ.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Fyi it popped ONCE for 50+ hours and gem didnt drop. I wanted gem in my SC but guess I wont get it.

Kalidur, If You fall down a ladder or something can You please email me so I can laugh a bit ?

Rtoo u forgot that i stood there and had a conversation with you, to which you told me that you had already killed a night terror within your little camping escapade. So FYI it didn’t only pop once in 50+ hours.

Theirs no need to curse me like that, telling me that if fell off a ladder and hurt myself I should tell you, so you could laugh however, I will tell you this the next time I’m sitting on the bog, the morning after a spicy curry the night before, with the bog filled with something that was once alive, something that once grew out the ground and an aroma you wouldn’t even curse onto someone, I will surely remember about you and think to my self what distinct similarities, but I will not ever let u know if I fell off a ladder.

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Let me say this again and end this discussion.

Night terror popped ONCE for me during the time I was there. I let anyone who asked join group for credit aswell. Gave up because it wasnt worth wasting more time.

The reason I "cursed" You is because after that session of boredom I didnt really need your pretty rude/sick comments about feeling good.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
Let me say this again and end this discussion.

Night terror popped ONCE for me during the time I was there camping it ( home sick from work monday/tuesday fyi).

The reason I "cursed" You is because after that isession of boredom I didnt really need your pretty rude/sick comments about feeling good.

you were there from friday so please stop lying, if you were there monday, tuesday dont think it would have been that big an issue (50+ hours covers more than just 2 days by the way, especially when you take into consideration sleep time, we'll forget the little things like eating and washing) You occupied the spot in prime time, the weekend when its prolly the time quite a few people only have to do these things, that to me was the biggest issue. you occupied the whole prime time not just a section of it.

can you blame me for not feeling good ? read it all again without your misinterpretations of it, and that it started from friday ended monday, wouldnt you feel good ?

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Lmao You sound like Im a criminal or something, fun reading.

Anyway I acctually would feel bad for anyone putting alot of time and getting nothing.

But we are all different arent we ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom