The Friday news ! Long wait for Housing....

O

old.Tohtori

The idea is to make a macro (take a deep breath), that is going to generate a macro (still here ?) to have a macro of the main assist, without typing the command itself every time ! (you can faint now)

BAh...these people have never read anything by teh Seel. Now there's something that will loose you faster then a 5-1 winning situation in a game of Put The Black Thing Into The White Sock Thing With a Long Wooden Thing.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hmm, so we are at the top of the list to get a new server, eh? I suppose that is kinda good news...

A

Arnor

fuck the damn housing, gif rvr-expansion!!1

at the current time-scale, i doubt ill be here when that comes :rolleyes:

D

Danya

Kinda need Mythic to make it first. *Sigh*

M

Meatballs

Less hassle just to type /macro ASSIST /assist blarg than fiddle about with a 2nd macro on a 2nd page whilst targetting a group member then swoppping to your main page and placing it on your bar.

N

Nightchill

nothing really unexpected in it. least we've got some vague idea of dates now.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Meatballs
Less hassle just to type /macro ASSIST /assist blarg than fiddle about with a 2nd macro on a 2nd page whilst targetting a group member then swoppping to your main page and placing it on your bar.
It's actually really Easy.
You target someone.
You click your make macro button.
You click your switch quickbar button.
You drop the macro in the right place.

It's not like it's something you do in a time-pressured environment, and it avoids typos.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Nightchill
nothing really unexpected in it. least we've got some vague idea of dates now.

When's mine? I've been itching to get some action :p

No but seriously...when?

O

old.Glendower

"Top of the list"?

And how long does that last, pray tell??

Oh ya, so many holidays this month and most employees flake off taking sick days to get 4 day weekends.

Nice commitment to service there.

S

syri

Originally posted by old.Glendower
"Top of the list"?

And how long does that last, pray tell??

Oh ya, so many holidays this month and most employees flake off taking sick days to get 4 day weekends.

Nice commitment to service there.
why is it that even when goa give some positive news, they still get flamed?? it's a wonder they still make any effort if this is how people react to them announcing something to benefit us....

D

Driwen

Originally posted by syri
why is it that even when goa give some positive news, they still get flamed?? it's a wonder they still make any effort if this is how people react to them announcing something to benefit us....

glenower flames everything which he doesnt do himself :p. But most people dont trust goa anymore and think it will take 3 months before the new servers gets here :(. Myself i dunno, i like the news and will see what happens:).

and gotta agree with arnor i doubt i will be here when housing hits the server. Might make a come back, but this game is slowly getting boring. I need a change off game and maybe when housing gets here, i will go back to daoc and it will be fun again :p.

O

old.Glendower

Why the hell shouldn't they be flamed?

How many MONTHS has it been since they said they were going to upgrade (and how many months was that behind the US?).

Finally, they are just spouting vauge PR blurbs as usual...no real timetable, etc.

Edit: Oh, and try not to fall into the bad habit of geralizing (i.e. "glendower flames everything he doesn't do himself"), not only is it untrue (you will never see me complain about medical professions, for instance, since I cant handle that sort of thing), but it habituizes innattentiveness and sloppy/shortcut thinking which can really cause you grief.
You seem like a generally nice and bright person....wouldn't want that to happen to you.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Glendower
How many MONTHS has it been since they said they were going to upgrade (and how many months was that behind the US?)..

well as far as I know, GOa isn´t following mythic instructions in upgrading the PC´s that´s their own decition, also I actually think that the hardware upgrade e get brings us in front of the US platforms (hardware based)

O

old.Glendower

No, it doesn't.

And I am speaking to when GOA itself announced they were going to upgrade.

Quite a while back now....

Edit: For Clarity; GOA has stated on several occasions that the servers are set up to the configurations delineated by Mythic. This makes sense if you consider that they are a franchise of Mythic and that the product (the game) needs to be somewhat consistant over distributors.

How would it be if you went into McDonald's and each one had different food prepared in a different way?

Wouldn't cut it for sure.

S

Sharma

new servers, finally!

should cut down on some lag and stuff (i hope)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom