The Forgotten Realm

E

Event

I love my frustrating bard but reading this just makes my blood boil.

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=55350223&replies=0

1.65 has no love for bards or hib so far imho. We have had 2 alb luv patches in the last year and the hib luv patch turned into another alb one.

I have heard rumours that mythic enjoy playing hib - this seems unlikely tbh.

If I was running a company which sold 3 commodities I might be tempted to put all my efforts into making the most popular and 2nd most sought after products even more appealing to my customers. I might even be tempted to forget about my 3rd altogether especially if it meant the other 2 lines benefitted from the 3rd being lame.

Nuff said

G

Gargo-

Hib has plenty of love. Try playing alb/mid and xp'ing - Hib owns all realms as far as PvE is concerned :p

E

Elomiem

yay,we pwn at PVE..how ubercool :roll
lets forget about RvR and let hib do PVE only :clap: :m00:

O

old.Icebreaker

hmm

We are better then Albs in RvR too

Mids and their Savage Gank Groups are another Story atm :D

A

Amadon

take savages out of the equation and I think hibs are no worse than mids or albs in RvR

re PvE CONTENT, I think Hib is a bit behind, the impression I get is that our epic encounters were generally more buggy than those of other realms

V

Vantros

our casters and tanks arent the issue, the issue is that our main cc is also with our only means of speed5, end song and mana regen (appeart from menti), all this wrapped into 1 char looks good on paper but in practice it sucks... gib hib more CC and plz for the love of god some instas like alb have... why take away sether the tether and give hib mentalists an pbaoe stun lasting 11 seconds.. would make them more wanted in groups than ever and give them something useful to a group.... on a 30 min or 15 min timer so we cant be called overpowered ofc

P

Pin

Originally posted by Vantros
our casters and tanks arent the issue, the issue is that our main cc is also with our only means of speed5, end song and mana regen (appeart from menti), all this wrapped into 1 char looks good on paper but in practice it sucks...

You have them wrapped onto 1 class, not 1 char. If you find it is impossible to have 1 person provide everything you need when you need it, take 2 bards.

gib hib more CC

Druids have AE root. i.e. on a different class. So by your above argument this is a good thing.

An Alb group running around won't have 2 chars with viable AE CC, but have both on the same char (Sorc), so looking above, this in practice sucks.

and plz for the love of god some instas like alb have...

Which instas are those? Minstrel single-target insta stun, and ?

why take away sether the tether and give hib mentalists an pbaoe stun lasting 11 seconds.. would make them more wanted in groups than ever and give them something useful to a group.... on a 30 min or 15 min timer so we cant be called overpowered ofc

Sorry, but if you think a 15/30 minute timer on an 11sec pbae insta stun wouldn't make it overpowered, you need a reality-check. AOE stun is rediculously overpowered no matter the timer, and just because Mids have it doesn't mean others should get it (it should be removed, not duplicated).

P

Pin

Originally posted by Amadon
re PvE CONTENT, I think Hib is a bit behind, the impression I get is that our epic encounters were generally more buggy than those of other realms

more buggy? well, maybe...

I could say that it's more interesting. What do Albs get? Zerg the big guy with 100 people and go home :rolleyes:

S

saltymcpepper

its more fun than having 30 lvl 75+ mobs come hurdling into the final room at galla

O

old.Tzeentch

Pin, it's pointless to try and argue that the abilities a Bard has now, in total, are good for the realm.

Unless you are talking about PvE?

Sure, a Bard adds a lot, but he can only do so much.

One guy with 1800-1900 HPs or so, with the primary CC, end song, speed song, mana song, secondary rezzer, secondary healer - only takes one death to remove all these abilities.

Sure, another bard would be great, and would ONLY be required, for one reason - end song.. out of all the abilities, that is the most important in RvR.

Anywho.. we know all this.. and we know that having so many abilities stacked on one character is not a boon, but a curse.

Complete opposite of Albion I guess, but both extremes are bad.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
Pin, it's pointless to try and argue that the abilities a Bard has now, in total, are good for the realm.

Unless you are talking about PvE?

Sure, a Bard adds a lot, but he can only do so much.

One guy with 1800-1900 HPs or so, with the primary CC, end song, speed song, mana song, secondary rezzer, secondary healer - only takes one death to remove all these abilities.

Sure, another bard would be great, and would ONLY be required, for one reason - end song.. out of all the abilities, that is the most important in RvR.

Anywho.. we know all this.. and we know that having so many abilities stacked on one character is not a boon, but a curse.

Complete opposite of Albion I guess, but both extremes are bad.

And then you look at the Midgard Healer who has all sorts of needed things stacked on that one class. Kill him and you... ooops, there's 2 more of them around...

Arguing about losing a secondary rezzer or healer doesn't hold much as most hib groups have 2 primary healers and 2 secondary (sometimes 2+1 or 1+2) and mana song and speed aren't critical once you engage.

If you lose the Bard's CC you are still better than an Alb group losing the Sorc.

But yes, I agree that a second Bard would only be an end bot for the most part.

What Alb has is many abilities spread across many characters which you can't squeeze into a functioning group.

What Hib has is many abilities stacked on one class which is difficult to put more than 1 of in a group (not very difficult to have 2 though).

What Mid has is many abilities stacked on one class which is very easy to have more than 1 in a group (very easy to put 3 in).

So, to fix Alb's problems you could duplicate some abilities across more classes. For Hib you could do the same. For Mid... just nerf em.

E

Event

Originally posted by Gargo-
Hib has plenty of love. Try playing alb/mid and xp'ing - Hib owns all realms as far as PvE is concerned :p

We wont pwn after chanter focus is nerfed against higher con mobs. Who wants to be bored out of their mind whilst playing a game anyhow.

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
hmm

We are better then Albs in RvR too

We aint better coz we have better classes - we are just better organised because we have to be. The only organisation albs go through is getting enuf peeps on their pad to field 3-4 fgs at amg emain.

If your hero's secondary rising stat was int and myth had no plans to do shit about it wouldnt you start to wonder if they gave a toss about your class and this is a minor issue.

Hib has a large number of bards but the vast majority of them end up as bots way before they reach RR4. This leads to the following:

1. Bards are fresh from pve where they dont have to cc, get end up and run for their lives, demezz etc.
2. Bards fail to deliver in rvr as they are a tricky class to play (stay alive).
3. Group flames bard
4. Groups flame bards who arent green to rvr and piss them off
5. Even battle-wise bards give up rvr
6. Go back to Step 1.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Amadon
take savages out of the equation and I think hibs are no worse than mids or albs in RvR

i still think that zerkers are good enough to be ruling RvR if you swop the savages for em. Think the true power is hidden in the healer and maybe also in the shaman. But who will swop savages to zerkers when savages does the job even better? ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Pin

as far as I understood from the last Druid TL report and it's feedback the clerics insta heals are superior to the ones that healers and druids get. Might be what he meant, but tbh I doubt that =P

V

Vantros

Originally posted by Pin
You have them wrapped onto 1 class, not 1 char. If you find it is impossible to have 1 person provide everything you need when you need it, take 2 bards.

Druids have AE root. i.e. on a different class. So by your above argument this is a good thing.

An Alb group running around won't have 2 chars with viable AE CC, but have both on the same char (Sorc), so looking above, this in practice sucks.

Sorry, but if you think a 15/30 minute timer on an 11sec pbae insta stun wouldn't make it overpowered, you need a reality-check. AOE stun is rediculously overpowered no matter the timer, and just because Mids have it doesn't mean others should get it (it should be removed, not duplicated).

what instas.. the sorc uses thier instas to stop casters casting they may only be debuffs but they have 5 instas in total, not to mention the fact that thier pet cant turn on them and doesnt drain mana... a mentis pet can turn on them and uses mana.. and a stun on a 30min timer wouldnt be overpowered especially if they make it so u need alot of points to get it.. a mentalist gets nothing else tbh.. and yes druids have ae root.. but its on a seperate line which most dont spec due to the fact that better buffs and heals are prefered.. so we may get another form of cc but its on a line which is rarely speced upon

O

old.Niljindil

what instas.. the sorc uses thier instas to stop casters casting they may only be debuffs but they have 5 instas in total, not to mention the fact that thier pet cant turn on them and doesnt drain mana... a mentis pet can turn on them and uses mana.. and a stun on a 30min timer wouldnt be overpowered especially if they make it so u need alot of points to get it.. a mentalist gets nothing else tbh.. and yes druids have ae root.. but its on a seperate line which most dont spec due to the fact that better buffs and heals are prefered.. so we may get another form of cc but its on a line which is rarely speced upon
None of sorc instas interupts FYI.

However, friar and pally taunt shouts are redicilously annoying when you(as a bard) get tagged with it right smack at the start of the fight. If that happens it more or less means, no end song and no mez. Great start? :/

V

Vantros

nilj i was told by many bards the sorc instas interupt them trying to mezz

S

schinkaar

chanter+ bard should be impossible to loose mezz fight with.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
None of sorc instas interupts FYI.

However, friar and pally taunt shouts are redicilously annoying when you(as a bard) get tagged with it right smack at the start of the fight. If that happens it more or less means, no end song and no mez. Great start? :/

Kind of like being tagged with insta amnesia, you mean ... except that has longer range and is AE ? :)

E

Event

There are exceptions but in most hib rvr groups especially random ones there is only 1 form of cc.

End of discussion imho.

D

Danya

I'd say alb has the upper hand for high level PvE (i.e. epic mobs). The classes are just better built for it - the paladin in particular with his high af, self damage add, end chant, heal chant, high con and decent armour, also having haste and damage buffs as timered and baseline helps a lot. Also throw in bof as it helps on a lot of the encounters since melee is a big part of them - having bof and everyone on 800+ AF makes albs that much harder to kill than hibs.

A

Anu

Also to Druids having AOE root.. Well yes that's tru for a Nature spec Druid of which I think there are very few in Active RvR.

Most spec rg/nurt or nurt/rg

O

old.anubis

just nerf chanters and hib will be nice realm again

C

cercela

bards dont do much in battle tbh.

we get you to the battle. mess, end, then try to stay alive

the secondary healer thing is normally crap cause if I have time to heal we've already won.

so 2 bards doing nothing really in the heat of battle but trying to survive. That leave 6 other chars to do the fighting/healing......surrrrrrre

mids on other hand have healers that get greatcrowd control, ae mess, ae stun, and inta versions. They can spec to be great healers. They have insta res and where scale ffs! I mean kill a healer, insta res, cause there is 3 more. Because healers do stuff in battle aside from just play end and servive.

alb have sorc which has long range mess and the ability to qc mess. While this class where's this class is a cloth wearer this class is almost like hibs. Mess, ae str/con, and they've helped the group as much as they can. All they can do now is play like a gimped caster, and since casters suck....

they endprovide is also a scale wearer,he can play end chant and fight at same time, its uninteruptable. any of these I'd LOVE with my bard

Users who are viewing this thread