The foption story...

O

old.MeanMrMustard

I was in a game of CS the other day flying around in free look mode waiting for 2 campers to stop having a tug and come out of their little holes to find each other when i noticed somthing rather strange about the foption map.

On the circular rotating map in the CT spawn point there is a little blue cross over america. At first i thought that this must mean that the terrorists are trying to send the missile to america. Then i realised that the point of the map is that the T's are meant to bomb the missile and the CT's are meant to stop them. Correct me if i am wrong, but this means that the terrorists want to stop the missile from blowing america to hong kong (if that is possible) and the CT's want to stop the Terrorists from stopping it.

So all in all the CT's want america to be dead and the T's want to save it, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Ok so it might be set in a year when america is the centre of all the worlds problems and NATO want to get rid of it, but why would there be NAVY seals in the CT team trying to stop the T's from saving their own country and encouraging its carnage.

If I have missinterpreted this then please tell me, it just strikes me as rather odd.

O

old.QorbeQ

Originally posted by MeanMrMustard
On the circular rotating map in the CT spawn point there is a little blue cross over america. At first i thought that this must mean that the terrorists are trying to send the missile to america. Then i realised that the point of the map is that the T's are meant to bomb the missile and the CT's are meant to stop them...

...so all in all the CT's want america to be dead and the T's want to save it, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Well, firstly who's to say the map was made by a western loving person? ;)

But, having said that, maybe the blue cross is missile tracking and shows where it is now? Only the map creator would know, and perhaps even he wouldn't know why he put the cross where he did.

But then again... ;)

G

granny

I thought it was just an American ICBM complex and the CT's were just defending their precious nukes from mad terrorists and the blue cross shows where the nearest McDonalds is for lunchtime?

S

stu

The Blue Cross is the House of Fraser sale, iirc

O

old.MeanMrMustard

Originally posted by granny
I thought it was just an American ICBM complex and the CT's were just defending their precious nukes from mad terrorists and the blue cross shows where the nearest McDonalds is for lunchtime?

LOL

It might be made by a western loving person, but why would there still be NAVY SEALS on the CT side trying to stop the missile launching.

O

old.ED209

why does it say system offine on the banner round the globe?

S

stu

Because they scabbed the model/texture from Half Life :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom