The fight at Dun Bolg

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
what a fight!, only a insight into what I am to expect at 50!, there I was on the battlements of Dun Bolg, surrounded by the forces of Hibernia. guards were falling, allies dying. Defiantly the most fun I have had on daoc so far.

Although I am only level 42 I could still get really involved, being a full supp runie I am limited but even so I got my first ever death message made by me :)

I saw a luri on low health just below the battlements of Dun Bolg he was running back so being a dwarf I am small so had to get to higher ground I then jumped out the battlements and fired a bolt which killed the LURI!, a level 50 killed by a base bolt from a level 42 runie!

I then realised my mistake and that I had actually jumped onto a climb point on the keep and necro shade which I presumed was a nightshade then 1 shot me.

With that aside the siege continued and hibs then came through the first door, there was a mass link dead and we lost our raid leader Ardamel :( and a few others. The second door was falling fast, hib death seem endless. I felt the time was right to head to the lord room, I pressed auto run so I could type whilst running up but wasn't watching and fell straight out the window out of the tower and onto the ground outside the keep :(. I felt like a lemon and had just missed a on opportunity of a Lord defence.

I then with my 10% health, half power and dented pride from my stupid mistake I ran around the keep in search of allies. I saw a figure in the distance it looked like the luri I had killed before!, I was then stunned and dotted….dead

My tragic end was nothing to the great fun I had all evening, I really enjoyed taking the keeps and the Dun Bolg defence was just the icing on the cake…Was the best fun I’ve had in daoc so far and I would encourage any lower levels who feel that they want to try out the big rvr they should do, its defiantly an a experience and something to keep be focused on getting to 50...

Was great fun and I hope to see you all when I’m 50, you’ll be seeing more of Arumos, cheer guys! :cheers:

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Nice to have a post that doesn't flame anyone. Good that you enjoyed it. :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Sounds like you had a good evening indeed! That is perhaps the positive thing about keep warfare, it is less focused on optimized setups and thus allows just about anyone to participate--even those not yet 50.

Anyway, hope to see you in Emain in 8 levels. :)

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for all your comments guys was great fun, i hope i can see u all when i go rvr next time :), i am the dwarf runie in yellow, red and charcoal kindof a mixture, give me a wave and i won't nearsight you (got it on last level, its a purple one :p), i also got myself a red glowing staff cheap from the market so i look damn kool (pointy hat also), look out for me

I also have a question, i keep defenses what is the best thing for a caster to do, like where to stand and what spells to use etc, i'm a little worried about using my aoe snare spell because it might brake mezzes but in keep defenses does it matter?

Other than that see you in the next keep take tonight probably if there is one, watch out the for Arumos deathspam!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Arumos said:
thanks for all your comments guys was great fun, i hope i can see u all when i go rvr next time :), i am the dwarf runie in yellow, red and charcoal kindof a mixture, give me a wave and i won't nearsight you (got it on last level, its a purple one :p), i also got myself a red glowing staff cheap from the market so i look damn kool (pointy hat also), look out for me

I also have a question, i keep defenses what is the best thing for a caster to do, like where to stand and what spells to use etc, i'm a little worried about using my aoe snare spell because it might brake mezzes but in keep defenses does it matter?

Other than that see you in the next keep take tonight probably if there is one, watch out the for Arumos deathspam!

Just never stick your head up in the same place twice ;) chances are the first time you look up, someone will target you even if they haven't hit you. If you then go basck to the same spot, they'll only have to spam a spell to hit you. Is especially nasty against the balance of hibs nukers having their own stun which at that lvl will mean they will kill you well before the stun wears off.

Glad you had fun though :) love keep takes when the server can hold up but that seems to be rare these days :(

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
My most remorable keep defense experiance was when I was back on hib/pryd with my lvl 50 enchanter. I was at bledmeer.. and suddenly 70 mids started attacking it. There was noone else in bledmeer but myself.

I hid in the lord room crying, and buffed him a bit, and then the mids swarmed me. Just to say, they took the keep 20 secs later ><

But I've had better. Most of them were as me as a enchanter climbing the battlements, and dding some defensless mid/alb and watch them fall 10 seconds later.

I've not had one good keep defense while playing alb/exc though. Mids/hibs never take them when I'm online, or in the same zone. Doubt I would have much fun anyway being a friar. Might make a lot of rpts for rezzing though :clap:

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Glad you had a nice time Arumos :) that was the idea of it, look forward to do more raids with ya m8.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
noce to see You had fun ... and yes keep defence is great fun.

I had fun trebing hibs .... hit 37 with 1 shot ... now that was funneh =).

got 5 pets on me for my troubles though ;P

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
I was getting frustrated l8r that night at DS as my ikkle dorf hunter Balthus couldnt see over the bloody extra wooden wall bit,until i found i could jump an fire,this was funny until my ass was mezzed in mid air and then chargrilled to a nice red colour :)

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
This is what DAoC is all about..... having some fun evening :clap:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
so arumos :D 2 years later and about 16 mil rpts do u still find the same fun :p

Sigidil

One of Freddy's beloved
Evening stats with Arumi:
Kills 170
Deathblows 150
deaths 7
RP's / hr 22K+

I think he dies to much ! Don't you Arumi ;x :cheers:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Holy shit at the bump :E

It was posted when Michael Jackson was legal o0