The End of the world ! (or, what the F are you doing there?)

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
In Hibs we have some very specific xping areas, (ignorning toa) and it seems those locations are always, and I do mean, always occupied.

Case in point, Finlaith spawns in cursed forest (or as I refer to it F'in 4).

A quick /who cursed will almost always show people there, I suspect even at the end of the world there would be people there levelling alts. Case in point, when Mids' relic raid got rumbled in Marfach, I was busy helping on an ML3 raid. Told them "relic defence first, will help later" and suicided out, along with just about everyone else on that raid (others logged to different characters). We got there, we setup, we delivered a right fonging, we kept the power relics and went on to do nasty things by way of reply.

But, the whole time, there were people in CF (level 50s !) and in places like corus levelling away and farming away. Repeated calls on multiple alliance lines and quite a few /sends failed to dislodge them. So I thought I'd ask, are there players/areas in all 3 realms that even Armageddon wouldnt shift people from?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
There's people like that on every server and every realm. Modernagrav in Mid SI ALWAYS has people powerleveling leech chars, usually see necro's in Caldey doing the same with a leech (alb).

Edit: I don't have a huge problem with this as long as the power leveling doesn't interfere with people who are trying to level normally either solo or grouped. I'd like to see everyone run to help defend relics but RvR is an option in DAOC (although I don't see why they don't play EQ in that case..) :p

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh, i dont care about relics, ppl who care can defend them ;) never suicided to go defend them, and never will, maybe ovly ifi get an urge to get some quick rp :)

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
If there was ever a shout on guild or alliance that the relics needed defending (ok, not that we HAVE them very often, more "let's go get them"!) I would suicide out of where ever I was to get there. Then I'd spend anything from 30 to 60 minutes trying to get a group until someone said "invite him as cannon fodder" - this is as a level 50 necro.

Fair enough, not the greatest RvR Class out there, but even as a mana-provider, it still took forever until someone grudginly did a /invite.

So now, I can't be arsed. I can wait till I get someone else to 50 THEN go join in...

Erm, anyways - I think some places are harder to get back into than others... A group camping the Tower Guardian knows he respawns pretty fast (at times), but others doing, say a Sidi raid know that if they leave they won't get back in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom