The end of the sh1tty road

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Feels like I've been in the film the road these past weeks :( Mfers stopped my dole 4 days after the accident. And in their infinite wisdom, have decided to pay me - almost a month later. Shit, I might even let all hell break loose and pay my i-net bill this week, wtf how's that for extravagance.

Not that I could even contemplate applying for a job during this time given the amount of sh1t nQQbs I've had to see.

Friends have been awesome this past month though :) Will be going for a beer or 3 later, after I've gotten myself on another housing list. First application was successful for a proper landlord nearby. It's a years wait, but wth, sod it. Anything has to be better than that fucking nQQb arsehole that I pay atm. Saw him 3 weeks later after the accident (he went on holiday leaving me hanging...). Mfer didn't even offer to redecorate my flat and wasn't interested in my smoke/fire damaged gear. Then gave me sh1t about not paying rent for the past few weeks. Like, WTF!! It's my fault the house went up in flames and you are looking for someone to blame? MFER!!

So that arsehole went completely merc on me, so, ima gonna go completely merc on him and go for his house insurance to pay for my damaged goods. It's a no go though on his public liability insurance though. (legal requirement these days for all landlords).

I aint saying shit to him though about repairs because there's a clause in the housing and tenant act 1996 under section 21 which says that he can legally get me evicted if he so chooses. Think I've had enough shite tbh...

So, I hope the end of it is now in sight xD

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Glad to see that there is some light ahead for you!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I just lately signed up for home insurance with Natwest and got their basic package which gives me £2000 cover per year for about £70. It might be worth doing something similar to pretect yourself in the future...or at least get peace of mind?

/hugs
xx

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You should have your own contents insurance, building insurance doesn't cover contents.

I get mine though Natwest too, do all my banking with them and I am very happy with the service.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ingo I guess you are talking about the dole on Crosby road North by the Shell garage, I had the misfortune to have to visit there a few years ago and the incompetence was fuckin astounding, no wonder people lose their rag.

The whole place is set up to fuk you over and not pay you at any excuse whatsoever, meanwhile they nail you down for every tiny insignificant detail in the smallest of small print.

It beggars belief to me that these asylum seekers manage to get more than
half a banana out of the British welfare system.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
This may sound biased as I workfor another bank but natwests level of cover for home insurance is pants take a look at just what you are covered for at the price you are paying and you will be suprised.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh man, don't complaina bout money and then say you're gonna drink beer.

Jesus christ, you're ruining good beer by complaining! :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Your contents should be covered under your contents insurance, it's not your landlords responsibility to cover them.

As for the rest, the landlord does have to do repairs to enable you quiet enjoyment of the property. That his obligation.

Of course he could just try and evict you, but that is a long road and will take 3 months at best, more in this case as the fire and how the landlord dealt with it will be considered by the court. He would then have to find someone to move into a fire damaged flat (not going to happen).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Im sure by law he has too. Im not 100% but pretty positive they do.

He's avoiding me like the plague at the mo because I happened to mention the dreaded landlord phrase of pale fjeer, solicitors and Citizen's advice bureau ;D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ingo I guess you are talking about the dole on Crosby road North by the Shell garage, I had the misfortune to have to visit there a few years ago and the incompetence was fuckin astounding, no wonder people lose their rag.

The whole place is set up to fuk you over and not pay you at any excuse whatsoever, meanwhile they nail you down for every tiny insignificant detail in the smallest of small print.

It beggars belief to me that these asylum seekers manage to get more than
half a banana out of the British welfare system.

Damned straight, they refused to give me a budgeting loan. So I appealed and before the appeal had even a chance to get to them they sent me another letter offering me a loan of 268 quid. Whoopeedo, not that I didn't accept it. Just the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing in there atm. Also refused community care grant, so will appeal but have the CAB deal with it as I am all burned out with seeing arsehole after arsehole after arsehole...

So when that first bit comes through, gonna dry clean some stuff and buy some paint, as landlord aint gonna do sh1t....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Document whatever you do in terms of repair. Keep receipts, the landlord can not expect you to conduct repairs resulting from something that was not your fault. That is what his insurance is for.

Charge him for your time and the materials. But first put it in writing that that is what you intend to do if he does not sort it out himself. Then simply take it out of the next rent you owe him.

No court will back the landlord if he tries to take get you evicted in these circumstances. The judge is more likely to give the landlord a stern what for.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I aint saying shit to him though about repairs because there's a clause in the housing and tenant act 1996 under section 21 which says that he can legally get me evicted if he so chooses. Think I've had enough shite tbh...
Same here in Sweden. Not so long ago we had a case here where an apartment building was destroyed by a fire. (forgot how many apartments but lets say 10) In the aftermath 9 tennants got new apartments. the 10th tennant got booted, the building owner had tried to get rid of them many times before cause he disliked them but never had a cause he could use, but now the apartment burned up and the contract went with it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What Ch3tan said. Request that he makes repairs (which you have already done) if he does not carry out those repairs in a timely fashion then do it yourself and invoice him for it. Though I am not sure if the fact that you aren't paying rent at the moment may go against you. Someone with more knowledge would have to answer that. Does the rent come from you or the council? If its the council, are they still paying you the rent money?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just a small taster of what it looked like

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom