The EA Store - A warning before using it.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I was just wondering if anyone here has pre-ordered the SE and receieved their headstart codes from EA? I've yet to receive mine and the early launch starts tomorrow.

EA store was three days late providing me with my Beta codes, so i have an open quesiton on their EA customer 'service' site. During asking where my beta codes where, i had also asked them to ensure the same thing doesn't happen with my headstart codes. It won't be much of a head start if i received my codes on the 18th would it?

The following is a transcript of the e-mail discussion i've been having with EA, i have to say it's probably the most laughable service i've ever encountered.

Initial E-mail to EA Store

I pre-ordered the game with you last week and have yet to receive my open beta key, and the open beta is due to start tomorrow!

Here are my order details:

Order Number: ***********

Billing Information:

Please can you ensure that i receive my key before tomorrow, otherwise i will be missing open beta access.
EA's Response

Hello *****,

Thanks for contacting EA Technical Support and for your interest with Warhammer Online.

In order to better assist you, please contact the WAR CS team on the email address below.

subscription_preorder@goa.com

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://electronicarts.co.uk/support).

Thank you,

Jayson G.
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
http://electronicarts.co.uk
http://electronicarts.ie
So at this point i'm scratching my head and thinking why in the hell would GOA have anything to do with my product codes when i bought the game off EA. Sure GOA may have a list of valid ones, but they don't know who they've been sold too and what not, thats surely the job of the distributors.

The above e-mail was sent to me on the day of open beta starting, you know when GOA had all those issues going on.

I won't bore you with the e-mail between GOA, suffice to say it was me relaying info on from EA and a GOA member of staff (whose stress levels where probably through the roof) politley telling me where to go (which happend to be back to EA).

My Next E-mail to the EA Store

Hello,

I've e-mailed them and they came back with this reply:

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

If you have not received your cd-key yet you will need to contact the retailer or website from which you purchased your order directly in order to receive an answer to your question.

As we have no access to the databases of our retail partners you will need to contact them directly in relation to your purchase,

Kind Regards,

Warhammer Online Pre-order Support

--------------------------------------------------------

I think it's only logical i do contact yourselves because it was you that i ordered the game off after all, not GOA.

I don't appreciate running around the houses in an attempt to get a product that i have purchased.

thank you in advance.

Regards
As you can see i'm starting to get a little fustrated at this point, and it's only beta. Never the less i hadn't receieved any product information for my purchase and was getting worried that i'd end up in a situation where i had no game access for launch.

The reply i got back was comical and really left me feeling as though i was actually corresponding with that army of monkeys strapped to type-writers from that episode of the Simpsons.

EA's Reply

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link above that says, to view or update your question from our support site, click here.

For the latest technical support information about your favorite EA games, be sure to check out our online support page at Support Centre.

Thank you,

Christian T.
EA Technical Support
Cheers Christian, i can appreciate how complex this whole issue is. After all the whole process of someone buying something from you and you then giving it to them, can to some, be a very daunting issue to understand.

This wasn't my actual reply, i decided to remain polite as i was still hopeful of having some form of resolution before the head start begins tomorrow.

My Reply

Hello,

Cheers for getting back to me. What other information do you think would be neccisary to resolve this issue quicker?

The head start is due to begin on the 15th of September, can i expect a resolution before then? I hope so as that is the whole reason i pre-ordered in the first place.

Regards
Anyways my Beta cd key came through on 11th in the end. Only 4 days after the begining of beta (two of which were down anyways due to the whole web site issue, so i wasn't too bothered because again, it was only beta).

I decided to send EA another e-mail:

Hello,

I have now received the beta sign up key, thankfully the beta servers have been of the time so i haven't missed out on much.

I have yet to receive my headstart information however, and headstart key is due to begin on the 15th September. Can i get any assurances that i will receive the key before then? Or will i receieved my head start key after the head start begins, thus negagting any point in me pre-ordering and having a head start.

Thanks in advance for any response, sorry if i seem a little touchy, just quite fustrated by the whole series of events.

Many Thanks.
EA's Response:

Hi ******,

Was there no other info in the beta sign up email you received?

Best Regards,

Jody
Customer and Community Services, UK and Ireland
So after me telling them that i received no head start information, they asked me to double check my beta sign up e-mail just incase, my response was to forward them the beta e-mail i recieved which clearly only had the beta sign up code on it.

It's now the 14th, a day before SE headstart begins and i doubt i'll receive any key. So far they don't seem to know much about whats going on, and sure i appreciate EA is a vast company, with many products, but surely they should understand promotional launches and have people in place to deal with such events.

I've thought about cancelling my order, but seeing as EA has taken my money and haven't been able to provide me with a product, i don't hold much hope of them actually providing me with a refund either.

So lads, if your thinking of pre-ordering via EA store, don't bother. You might as well stick £35 on Newcastle United winning the premiership this season.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
on the flipside, i ordered from EA store a mere week ago and had an email with my headstart and item keys 2 days ago.
:fluffle:

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Copy and paste from other thread

If you have pre-ordered at the EA store, you will NOT be sent the activation key. Instead, go to the EAstore site and login. Under Customer Service you should be able to check your recent orders, WAR will be in there and the activation key is listed there as well.

ozar

Loyal Freddie
pre ordered from EA and never received the beta key.....on a plus note the head start codes came yesterday for SE

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yes you are sent the CD keys from EA store (UK).

The key listed in recent orders is the live game key, which is to be keyed next week.

The headstart key and bonus item key are sent in an email, I received mine this morning at around 9am, placed the order yesterday afternoon.

Soon as I placed the order I receieved an email confirming my live account key also.

So you should get a first email with the live key, then a second email with the HS/Item keys in it, at least thats how it worked for me.

I've had no problems with them, I've used them for other games in the past also, i'm not sure though how this helps the OPs situation as the process for my account may be different due to the fact I ordered mine when beta was nearly finished so mine was Game + Headstart + Item (No beta).

Good luck and hope you get it on time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
At one point I tried to order the game from EA using their direct download option. Immediately after ordering, my order was cancelled. Decided at that point I wouldn't waste my time with their online presence again.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well im confused now, and EA's website is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I preordered from EA and have received a WARSEA code.

So is that a SE code to be used tomorrow?

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I actually cancelled my order with EA due to not receiving my OB key on time. The day after cancelling it I got the OB. Now Ive received the headstart despite nolonger having an order with them. Im just waiting to see if they still try to take out the money at which point I shall tell my bank its an illegal transaction as it has already been cancelled.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered my SE at EA 3 weeks ago, and i got the open beta codes in time, I have yet to see the headstart codes :/
Altho on the account center i can see my activation key, so strange :s

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
I pre-ordered the Head Start from EA and Play.com. I have received my Headstart key and Bonus Item key from Play.com. the only thing I've received from EA is the following:

Thank you for ordering on Electronic Arts BV. The product that you pre-ordered is now available to either pre-load or download.

Order ID: ********
Product ID: ********
Product Name: Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™
Release Date: 12 September 2008

I HAVE EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER - start pre-loading / downloading my purchases
I DO NOT HAVE EA DOWNLOAD MANAGER - install it and pre-load / download my purchases.
Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ ealink:-eadcommand:?cmd=user_cmd_login&authtoken

CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRE-LOADING FAQS

You have been charged for this product, and your statements will reflect this.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
EA Store Customer Service

I checked my account with EA incase, as with some companies, the codes are stored on thier website but there's nothing. I posted on thier customer service page yet I've received nothing to say they've received that. I don't need to download the game because I've played Beta so I guess I'll just have to continue waiting. Wtf is pre-load anyway :(

Hammahead

Fledgling Freddie
You're not alone having trouble with EA store.
I ordered a long time ago, but never recieved OB nor HS codes.

When I mailed them about it, all i got was "Once the game goes live, you will get an e-mail with a download link for the game and codes".

They just ignore my mails about OB and HS codes ;)

Lesson learnt though, never going to buy anything from EA store ever again.

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
I had a bit of a run around from their CS ('You need to wait 10 days for your code' when I'd said in my e-mail I ordered 15 days before) but through persitence was sent a Beta and HS code. I then received another Beta code and yesterday a HS key. The original beta key didn't work so I expect the same of HS. No better or worse than any other release company tbh. It's a random 50/50 if the order will screw up and 50/50 if they have some kind of sane customer service that can resolve issues.

Vader

Fledgling Freddie
Well, 21:37 here and still no HS key from EA Store.... :(

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
thas sucks realy considering most other firms have sent out the keys. you would think with it being a EA game they would be the first to do it. but then I also wouldnt of thought they would be the most expensive option either.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm hoping that EA are all tucked up in bed today, so the codes arrive early in the morning.

I'm at work tomorrow anyway so as long as the code gets to me sometime during the day, I can register from work and get online sometime when I get home

Zill

Loyal Freddie
I ordered the game from EA Store Tues 9th and got my Headstart code through yesterday (13th), but I wouldn't order from the EA store again.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
woohoo gods of waaaaargh be praised.

Just got my headstart code through in an email.

:worthy:

oh and the other interesting bit of the email:

The Live Head Start is currently scheduled to start 00.00AM GMT on September 15th. Simply enter the code at the Warhammer website Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning and you’ll be in the game!

thought the SE starts tomorrow morning, but email seems to say we'll be in from midnight

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
the game e-mail said midnight as well gut the main site is saying 9:00am so they may have changed it.

SSS

Fledgling Freddie
The EA store is a Horror show, like a Super Large Black Hole, gone insane, with sucking cash in ofc.

fuck all else it does.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I have a problem with EA too. I pre-ordered mine last Wednesday. The game-key (WARSE-kind) is listed in my order history on their site, however, I still haven't received the headstart key (PSEAxx-kind).

Should I bug them with it or can I still expect it to come this morning?

F

Fitte88

EA sucks tbh.

beta keys not arrived in time, got mine 3 days after. After contacting EA, they put the blame on GOA.

still no HS code recived aswell, and 1 hour from launch.

pathetic. just purely pathetic a company like that cant handle simple orders.

Vader

Fledgling Freddie
What a joke, i know ppl who ordered game in EA Store after me , and they received their HS key , while i havent received mine yet. I wont buy anything on the EA Store on the future, NEVER.

Xphyral

Fledgling Freddie
i'm another in the same boat, still no headstart keys anywhere on my pre-order. not impressed with EA, i had to badger them twice about beta keys and now i have to badger them about headstart.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Got my Headstart keys this morning at 8.52 am (cutting it close or what?!).

So sent EA an email saying i've received my codes and all is well. Still a bit disapointed at how they handled it, but meh, the main thing is i'm in game now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom