the durability

V

vargen

Whats the best thing to do to keep the durability on an item as high as possible without going down too much?.

Repair all the time? or wait untill the con is 99 or 98?..

B

boni_ofdavoid

afaik, although it makes little difference, its best to wait till the item is on as low con as possible before repairing. The explanation was in one of the grab bags on the camelot herald a while back.

T

Tranquil-

As low con as possible? I can't remember it saying that.

If con drops from 100% repair it as fast as possible, when you repair it has nothing to do with how fast the dur drops. The disadvantage lies in you playing with low con which reduces your effective DPS or AF depending on what kind of item it is.

B

boni_ofdavoid

yes, I understand that low con is bad :) The question was how to minimise dur loss over time (Get the most out of an item). Take a bracer / ring for instance, who cares what its con is, but we want it to last forever.

I believe (and I still cba to find the grab bag, but its there), that due to the way the items durability is adjusted on repair there is a chance for dur lost proportional to the difference from max durability PLUS a tiny bit. The tiny bit stops you constantly repairing on 99%, or at least gives you like a 50% chance of losing that 1% dur for 1% con. The larger the repair you do the less significant this fixed probability loss becomes.

B

boni_ofdavoid

from grab bag

Q: Do you lose more durability if you wait to repair your items as opposed to repairing them often, vice versa, or neither?

A: Neither. Durability points are converted to condition points by a ratio formula. You may lose a percentage point of durability to our system rounding up if you happen to hit it at the wrong moment, but that is the only exception. You basically need to keep your stuff at 90% condition or better, as there is a noticeable difference in the damage you take or give at that point. It’s an exponential drop – you won’t notice much of a difference anywhere in the 90s, but you’ll really feel it as you go below that point.

---

this bit:-

"You may lose a percentage point of durability to our system rounding up"

implies that you may lose a percent if you repair a 99% item. Do it 10 times and you incur 10 possible percent losses. Repair it once at 90% and you just incur one.

jeez im bored and cant get to sleep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom