The Day Today

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I Know arrived on my doorstep last week, already watched all the way through. I love the special features espically the bits they cut out of certain episodes.

mank!

Part of the furniture
The Day Today is fantastic. Chris Morris is God.

On a related note, watching Sky Sports News yesterday they interviewed a Frenchman called Philippe Moron. It was like something straight out of The Day Today when the caption with his name came up.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Helicopter flying towards field full of children searching for worms = pure class

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
And as the Helicopter swerved to miss the kids it narrowly missed an old lady sat on top of a large stick.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is this the 'HE MUST HAVE A FOOT LIKE A TRACTION ENGINE' series?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I bought the DVD its fucking brilliant. :D Thanks whoever recommended it!
This is quite possibly better than Alan Patridge. Chris Morris is just so funny, and Steve Coogan is great in it. I just love everything about it, now I'm off to buy Brass Eye. :D
Some of my favorite quotes. :D (Yes, I'm bored)
--

HENNETY: Oi! I'm trying to run a high-class bureau de change, not some two-bit nipple peep show in Rio de Janiero.

--

MORRIS: It's been revealed that the junior Treasury Minister, Michael Portillo, carries a sawn-off shotgun to constituency meetings, corners children in parks and chews their cheeks and has frequent sexual intercourse with stray animals, claiming "As long as it's got a backbone, I'll do it". That story we reported last week, and have since discovered it to be untrue.

--

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: Chris, it's a mass redundancy measure, it's the biggest layoff in American industrial history. 35,000 jobs in one fell swoop. Gone!

MORRIS: 35 *thousand*?

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: Yes.

MORRIS: Peter, there's only 25,000 people at the plant!

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: That's right Chris, mass redundancy on an unprecedented scale.

MORRIS: Would you mind telling me how the plant can function on minus 10,000 workers?

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: I don't know Chris, you tell me.

MORRIS: I'll tell you what, Peter, you mean 35 *hundred* workers have been sacked.

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: No, 35,000, it's all here. [He holds up his notes]

MORRIS: Let me see what you've got down there!

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: Er, 35 hundred, you were right, I made a mistake.

MORRIS: Peter, I want to see it. I don't want to hear anything more out of your mouth, I don't believe it. Now show me your notes.

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: No.

MORRIS: Yes!

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: It's 35 hundred.

MORRIS: Show me, I don't believe what you're saying. I just want to see the numbers.

[O'Hanraha-hanrahan brings his notes in view of the camera for a moment.]

MORRIS: Hold them up and keep them up!

[The back of the notes appear.]

MORRIS: And rotate them 180 degrees in my favour! Do it!

[O'Hanraha-hanrahan shame-facedly does so. The notes are scruffy and covered with doodles.]

MORRIS: What's that?

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: I don't have a monitor, Chris, I can't see-

MORRIS: You know what I'm talking about, it's just above your right eye. Yes.

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: A cobweb.

MORRIS: And how's a cobweb going to dig you out of your numerical mess?

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: I don't know.

MORRIS: Peter, you're lying in a news grave. Do you know what's written on your headstone?

O'HANRAHA-HANRAHAN: News.

MORRIS: Peter, thank you. [Morris turns back to the camera and smiles] Peter O'Hanraha- hanrahan, live in Detroit.

----

MORRIS: Portillo's teeth removed to boost pound, exploded cardinal preaches sermon from fish tank, and where now for man raised by puffins?

---

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I just bought Brass Eye and both series of Spaced. :D Shawn of the Dead isn't out until tomorrow. :(

mank!

Part of the furniture
I went to buy Brass Eye on Friday in HMV, they've not got it in stock :|

I meant to buy JAM as well but forgot.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
My dad bought Jam thinking it was THE Jam ;) Although on the plus side he was pleasently surprised by Jam as well.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Speaking of things Simon Pegg, Big Train should be coming out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom