The Curse of Leeds

X

xane

What is it about Leeds FC ? I personally hate them for not being relegated instead of West Ham, the image of all those Mancs cheering on the old enemy when they played (and beat) Arse last year haunts me, they deserved to drop down.

The financial issues, coupled with the Bowyer/Woodgate drama and the expected resignations of the management, didn't endear them to most, and more recently the Jody Morris affair is taking twists and turns, earlier this year there was also Johnson and Bakke in drink driving cases, and it doesn't end with the players, but even the fans incur the curse, involving blackmail and death threats, and of course the sad events of the deaths in Turkey.

The curse lives on though, recent footballers in the news are ex-Leeds players too; Ferdinand was involved in and assault charge (with another Leeds player) and of course his recent drug test allegations.

Anyone think this bunch of loan rangers is going to last this season ?

S

Scouse

They'll be OK - Peter Reid is a cracking manager (good in a fight) and should see them OK.

Being a Liverpool fan I quite like the fact that they fucking hate Man U - and it's doubly good that there's no way they'll beat us this weekend at Anfield.....

....probably. :(

S

Scouse

BTW - a m8 of mine who's a copper in Leeds says this Jody Morris thing is going to run and run......

;)

T

Tom

Basically, spend spend spend followed by lose lose lose (mainly because of poor discipline), followed by sell sell sell (which made Venables' job untenable), equals drop drop drop.

D

darthshearer

Think thats right there Tom :)

Hahaha get down dirty Leeds :p

To the tune of Yellow Submarine.

In the land
Where I was born Lives a man,
Witha monkeys Head and he went,
to dirty Leeds and his name,
is Peter Reid
Altogether now
Peter Reids got a f******' monkeys head
A f******' monkeys head a f******' monkeys head!
Peter Reids got a f******' monkeys head
A f******' monkeys head a f******' monkeys head!

Hola!

S

scooby-doo

i cannot understand the hatred for a football club like leeds.i mean i support man utd(no i dont fucking live in london)i live just outside manchester in a little town.mind you i have to admit i fucking hate arsenal and all those little french bastards. :)

U

-Ultimate

Originally posted by darthshearer
Hahaha get down dirty Leeds :p

You can hardly call leeds dirty when we bought two of there must troublesome players to go along with the likes of womaniser Dyer, big gob Bellamy and 'hey she didn't look like a schoolgirl'Bernard.

Don't get me wrong i'm black and white through and through mate, but its not just Leeds that are rotten inside, its rife throghout the premiership and beyond in my opinion :(

D

darthshearer

I work in Leeds tho and get so much shite of them, and its great to see them in the shite :)

U

-Ultimate

Originally posted by darthshearer
I work in Leeds tho and get so much shite of them, and its great to see them in the shite :)

Where do you work in Leeds? Down there all the time as my lass is at uni there, went to see us play Leeds there start of the season too and was sat in the leeds end next to the Newcastle fans. Oh how i laughed when we equalised(on the inside obviously, on the outside i was totally 'devastated' :D )

EDIT: Oh and there stadium is shit :p

D

darthshearer

I work in Headingley, and live in Roundhay :)

Yeh bElland Road shite, although the Lurpack stand is a nice structure :)

I have been to many a match there in the home fans and done the same :)

D

darthshearer

Originally posted by xane
Not like Barthez, Silvestre or Bellion then ?

:lol: Simple minded cockneys Man Ure fans eh :)

U

-Ultimate

Heh my lass lives in Woodhouse(and what a dodgy area that is :eek: ) Often down in Headingly to get a subway sarnie :D

T

Tom

Originally posted by scooby-doo
i cannot understand the hatred for a football club like leeds.i mean i support man utd(no i dont fucking live in london)i live just outside manchester in a little town.mind you i have to admit i fucking hate arsenal and all those little french bastards. :)

Hey where do you live? I live in Flixton, near Urmston.

D

doh_boy

Is that west of manchester? I always seem to get on the flixton bus to get to the trafford centre.

B

bigfoot

The only good thing about Houllier at Liverpool is that he didn't go through with signing Bowyer. Had he joined I probably would have stopped supporting Liverpool until Houllier had been sacked or Bowyer kicked out / sold on.

T

Tom

Originally posted by doh_boy
Is that west of manchester? I always seem to get on the flixton bus to get to the trafford centre.

Yeah Flixton is west of Manchester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom