The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Saw this yesterday.
I've not read the book nor seen the television series, but went in with a neutral mind.
I thought this film was crap.

It had it's moments, the big battle which is featured in the trailer is quite cool. But you kinda feel that the good guys would win that fight regardless of any lions, witches or wardrobes. However the actor that played the witch with a heart of ice was fucking awesome.

Anyways, if you are going to see this. Then bring the kids, I'm sure they'll love it :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not having read the book probably has somethign to do with your view tbh, not that I'm having a go.

I read the books when I was about 9-10 years old, and remember just about everything mentioned in the film. The film is very faithful to the book, with one or two minor exceptions.

Its just a good old children's big adventure in a fantasy world, and I thought they did a very good job. I'd go see it again, mind you more for sentimental value than the quality of the film.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
It was good. But I didn;t like the way the beaver was portrayed as a "geezer"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The story jumps too quickly, character development is awful. The Queen is the only charcter that is done well, and as a result you want her to kll hte stupid little brats that are never portrayed as heroic in any way.

Dissapointing film, apart from the battle scene.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Not seen this yet but the bird who plays the queen was awesome in Constantine as well, I am looking forward to seeing how she plays the queen in Narnia.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Ok, so the kids stay in Narnia after winning the battle until they are, from the looks of it, in their early 30's. They then stumble across the wardrobe again, not really remembering what it was and when they walk through they become kids again. Now I'm sorry, but if that was me I think I'd have a complete physcotic break right there and spend the rest of my life dribbling!! ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Whipped said:
Ok, so the kids stay in Narnia after winning the battle until they are, from the looks of it, in their early 30's. They then stumble across the wardrobe again, not really remembering what it was and when they walk through they become kids again. Now I'm sorry, but if that was me I think I'd have a complete physcotic break right there and spend the rest of my life dribbling!! ;)

thtas cos you are feeble minded!!

I enjoyed the film but it was definitely aimed at children...
I did love the witch though. I could easily have shagged her.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Oh, I forgot to add that I did actually enjoy the film :)

Oh, and Dys. The witch also stars in Rome. So watch that and you can enjoy her jubblies ;)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Also, in the all the adaptions of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe I've seen(which is two) the girl that plays Lucy just gets on my nerves. They always seem to overact.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whipped said:

This is explained more readily in the other books in the series :)

Tilda

Tilda Swinton rocks :D
Was it only me who got bugged by the boy waving his sword around before the end battle, but never acctually using it? Like he was well practiced in the "wave your sword and hope the wolf runs away" technique? :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thought it was good, but maybe a new tv series woulda been better. the old tv series was great back in the day but now, looks outdated compared to the film.

anyyne know if they are gonna do all the books or just this one?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whipped said:
Oh, I forgot to add that I did actually enjoy the film :)

Oh, and Dys. The witch also stars in Rome. So watch that and you can enjoy her jubblies ;)

Tilda Swinton? She's not in Rome.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Cracking film. Took my mother and niece to see it today and everyone enjoyed it, even if my niece had to hide her face during some of it!! Faithful to the books and highly recommended.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Thought the kids acting was shite tbh, cry then laugh then cry then laugh then cry oh no shes actually laughing wtf? and omg heres a sword and while your at it ride a fucking horse and slay Minotaurs that are battle trained. And for you little girl here is a bow and it wont let you down!!!! What a load of cockend she was close enough to hit the twat with the fucking bow never mind the arrow.

Agree with Ch3tan the character progression was horse pubes.

That said it was ok and I prefer the books

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
the queen also plays the bitch in The Beach.

I went to see this having liked the books and T.V. series as a sprog but was a little dissapointed at how childish it was, lol i was expecting it to be a little more LOTR in its battle sequences i think. I guess the magic is lost on you as you grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom