The Camelot Archive

GReaper

Part of the furniture
With the recent loss of rpgfilms.net, as well as the problems with various hosts, finding it impossible to find old movies, I've decided to launch a site which will hopefully make things a bit easier to download DAoC movies.

So have a look at The Camelot Archive! It's a BitTorrent powered site, however it's dedicated to one thing - Dark Age of Camelot movies! The archive aims to provide a nice detailed list of all the movies which are provided on the tracker.

The site is only as good as the users contributing to it, I'd really appreciate it if people could help out with:

Seeding: If you have a nice fast connection (yes, I'm looking at you Swedish people!), please help seed the torrents. Clients such as uTorrent and Azureus are nice friendly clients to help with seeding. The more permanent fast seeds, the faster everyone can get their downloads!

Movies: If you have a movie you'd like to submit, add it to the archive! All submissions are moderated, I'll try and add it as soon as possible. Once I've taken a screenshot and checked the details are accurate I'll be able to add it to the list of movies.

If anyone has any of the existing movies currently listed on the site saved on their computer somewhere, help out the seeding by using your existing download!

Everz

FH is my second home
nice idea, but why is torrent so slow d/lin?

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Nice initiative, goes in my bookmark list for sure.
Eversmallx said:
Have you opened the correct ports on your router/firewall?
Also you may need to seed some before your speed starts going up.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
Eversmallx said:

since it isn't used that many.
the more ppl use it. the more seeders there are. the faster ppl can download.
Downloaded "prison break episode1-22" whole season in one night. since so many ppl seeding it. but if season2 is coming out. and first episode is online. it will be sooooooooo damn slow. since there will be to many leechers and barely seeders :).

Everz

FH is my second home
Jobbegea said:
since it isn't used that many.
the more ppl use it. the more seeders there are. the faster ppl can download.
Downloaded "prison break episode1-22" whole season in one night. since so many ppl seeding it. but if season2 is coming out. and first episode is online. it will be sooooooooo damn slow. since there will be to many leechers and barely seeders :).

ye ye see what you mean, hurry up you seeders ;D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The main problem at the moment is a lack of seeds, my cablemodem isn't that fast for uploading! I've started a torrent client on the server camelotarchive.com is hosted on, so hopefully that'll increase your speed a bit the next time you connect to the tracker.

If anyone has the existing movies saved on their computer somewhere, help with the seeding! :p

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
nice, might finaly have to learn how to use this torrent thing :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Greaper talk to atos. He is getting fibre now and can perhaps help with seeding on the site.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Over 12GB of movies downloaded so far!

I've added a seed which can do up to 800kB/s, so things should be reasonably fast for most people. All we need now is more movies being uploaded! :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I can seed nocturne 1 and 1-2-3 the movie so pm me if needed :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Naffets said:
I can seed nocturne 1 and 1-2-3 the movie so pm me if needed :)

No need to ask, just seed if you've got the spare bandwidth available! The older movies aren't downloaded so often, but it's nice if users can help to ensure people can get nice fast speeds on any of the files they download.

Over 50GB of movies have been downloaded so far! :)

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
I have an awesomely slow upload speed but I do have ~20gb of daoc movies kicking around so I'll be uploading some to ftp soon :p

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
well i got crappy 128 kb upload i think... Else i got 40gb of daoc movies from the last 4 years

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:

It might be your ISP. Annoyingly my ISP throttles the speed during peak times so on an evening I won't get much more than 10kb/s but during the night the speed is 100kb/s+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom