The bug down the pit @ Coruscating Mines and people abusing them...

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie

No further comment. Mythic/GoA should fix this really, it's now the 3rd time in 1 week that I've seen people abusing this bug there...It's ridicilous really, pulling between 20-30 mobs non-stop and pbaoe'ing them to dead without getting hit once (of course you won't get hit as the mobs can't reach you!). I won't rightnow this picture myself, but I know that GoA mods are browsing this forum so if they want to take action and want more proof, I took about 20 screenshots of this situation.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
No need for Screenshots. Just report them to Goa and they get suspended for a few Day. Or banned. Whatever!

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
GRASSING IS NOT THE WAY TO SORT THIS OUT!

To be completly honest nobody should ever get banend for abusing a bug! to be completly honest if they dont fix it then its part of the game use it, not as if i ever get grp sdown there and only way to get any descent lvling done is to take what ever advantage ya can and use it, besides it certainly beats a 3am askign for grp adn res to get no reply due to 6 afk macroing mofos in coru mine no names mentioned here except i took a vid and i still laugh at it 6 afk spamming buttons, was so funny when i rana load of mobs into them coz i wanted help and they wiped as a result of being afk spoamming i lived and waited to res..so if bugs exist use them after all we pay for a service its called a game and if theres no fun being solo due to power lvling grps who are afk orwhat not i say enjoy youre 8 quid best ya can coz mythic /goa dont give a rats or theyd fix these bugs and ther ewould be no need to ban anyone..Mythic/goa will say something along the lines of "this is a recodnised texture render problem that alows pets not to reach players at position blahh blahh and is on website as such a coc"

Dont ban just fix!!!

Mutoria

Fledgling Freddie
why do you care so much? was he pulling your mobs, or are you just a plain grass?;)

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
lol at the people calling him a grass..
they bug abuse they should be reported.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Mxn said:

totally agreed.

zendrik

Fledgling Freddie
if ur reporting stuff in CM u might as well report the PLers down there... cause AFK xping is a banable offence and imo PLing counts into this catagory ... cause u have some high lvl whaterver pulling mobs that are intened for grps and so on... nothing is as anoying as the pl grps that pull mobs away from peeps that are lvling seriously .... i know this happened alot while i was lvling my hero and vw..... as far as i can tell those bugs have been around from the start though .... played hib in pyrd somewhere around 3y back and i seem to remember there beeing alot of bugs in Cm and other cave then as welll ... ahh well my 2c

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Damnnationx said:
To be completly honest nobody should ever get banend for abusing a bug! to be completly honest if they dont fix it then its part of the game use it

Camelot-Europe said:
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.

:eek2:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Mxn said:

Agree Also, I was kinda laughing at those thinking bug abuse is ok because its not fixed... a feature of the game... my arse. :-O

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
It's definatly a bug, so they are exploiting it. I suppose for some of you that's enough to condemn them, however unless they are stealing mobs this is a victimless crime:

1) This exploit won't suddenly break PvE because it's already broken. For better or worse (worse from a new player's perspective for sure) XPing is not done the old way any more, and it hasn't been for 2+ years.

This is a predictable social problem that Mythic could fix but haven't (E.g. in WoW afk PL is a bad idea since you'd miss out on a lot of faction, from quests, which is important there. Also low level chars are MAJOR aggro magnets).

2) Pre-ToA, with druid buffs I was able to use my enchanter pet to body pull (not focus pull - wasn't mana efficent) and kill an entire room in CM. I don't have the enchanter anymore so I don't know if that's still possible but considering they are yellow/oj con I suspect it is. My point being that the XP gains this exploit gives is simmilar to having a lvl 50 enchanter - except you don't need one to do it.

3) I fail to see how this is any worse than (pre-nerf) fop + ani + insta pop fins. Many people on this board have made extensive use of the fins for (afk) PL.

For the record I won't use this exploit, and I don't know anyone who is. I do hope the bug is fixed, however when it comes to calls for banning:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
lets be real .....he post a screen shot of Fh then says he wont rightnow them too get them banned?! wtf is ur problem, report them too rightnow if it annoys u you or dont post lame shite that will cause flames.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
zendrik said:
if ur reporting stuff in CM u might as well report the PLers down there... cause AFK xping is a banable offence and imo PLing counts into this catagory ... cause u have some high lvl whaterver pulling mobs that are intened for grps and so on... nothing is as anoying as the pl grps that pull mobs away from peeps that are lvling seriously .... i know this happened alot while i was lvling my hero and vw..... as far as i can tell those bugs have been around from the start though .... played hib in pyrd somewhere around 3y back and i seem to remember there beeing alot of bugs in Cm and other cave then as welll ... ahh well my 2c

pulling ain't a bug.
doubt that exping afk'er is either?

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
prodical said:
btw were is the debuff in that q/b :p
Maybe he was in CM doing PvE and had changed out his debuff for the heal pet? Just a thought. On the other hand, he's 46 and leveling, as a chanter you rarely need the heatdebuff inside CM, pbaoe and shield for life.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
Maybe he was in CM doing PvE and had changed out his debuff for the heal pet? Just a thought. On the other hand, he's 46 and leveling, as a chanter you rarely need the heatdebuff inside CM, pbaoe and shield for life.

i was perhaps joking... hense the symbol :p

Mutoria

Fledgling Freddie
do you enjoy getting people banned?;o

it doesnt affect you, what does it matter

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Aye - just report and get the ban. I have reported this before (about 9 months ago) as I had a guy pulling all mobs no matter where, I know others who have reported it - Mythic know about, but clearly don't give a s**t.

As for the calls of 'grass' - jesus people this isn't a school yard :twak:

Config

Fledgling Freddie
I dont care if people exploits bugs for their own behalf aslong its not in RvR or for stealing artifacts. Hardcore Pling is not better then this exploit imo but today its way more easier to level the right way up then it have ever been. You basicly get the mobs served on a silverplate.

People can do whatever they want imo aslong it doesnt sabotage for other players. Oki, in this case they might have taken up a camp spot... with catacombs you wont ever have to look for a camp spot as you had to do before so its not a big deal.

On the other hand, those people taking advantages of exploits have to suit themself. They do know that they are taking advantage of it and that there is a risk that someone will get offended and "might" report it. There is a clear rule about this from Mythics side. That rule can be discussed in certain situations but the fact still remains, if there is a rule and you break it on purpose, then you also should know there are consequences if they find out.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Mutoria said:
do you enjoy getting people banned?;o
it doesnt affect you, what does it matter

people break the rules, they deserve a punishment. simple. shame that some people think like you mutoria. there still is some HORNER in this game for some of us.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>people break the rules, they deserve a punishment

And what if the punishment is out of all proportion to the crime?

Perhaps you'd like it if the death penalty was applied to each and every crime and misdemeanour? If people break the rules they deserve punishment, so lets shoot them - they'll never reoffend again!

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
no need to overexaggerate mirt. just trying to point out that the rules are there for a reason. just like in sports etc. i'm sure you got the point anyway.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I think you should have blurred out their names ..If they used that bug then they used that bug ..
I dont think you should have posted it on front of xyz amount of people to give their guild and them a bad reputation ..

Did you lose sleep over it ?

We need all the hibs we can get atm and you getting a few of them banned aint 'good for business'...

Atm ..we have little or no problems in this realm ..the last name and shame situation died with aphios ..we dont want or need this kind of post ..if your REALM MATES did wrong ..try and find another way around it as the more you try and smite someone the more of an enemy you might make of yourself .

Not saying everyone loves me ..far from ..just think I wouldnt go out of my way to do an albion style post if the needs werent there..

Deathspike

Banned
Half of you moan about hib being underpopulated all your doing is elimiating more people from your realm. :wanker:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Deathspike said:
Half of you moan about hib being underpopulated all your doing is elimiating more people from your realm. :wanker:

Rather less People then a Realm full with Idiots. :touch:

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
The whole point of reporting bugs is to report them when you find them, not abuse them then someone else reports you along with it.

If you find a bug, don't use it, report it...

Shouldn't have posted the SS here though, rightnow it and I'd guess GOA would at the very least warn them to desist, doing it this way doesn't solve the design issue, it just opens a can of savoury worms with extra GM soy sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom