News The Budget Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What do you think?

Overall I am pretty happy with it. Effective tax cut and an even bigger incentive to give up smoking! Lowering corporation tax and cutting income tax for higher earners will make us a little more competitive as a country.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Capitalism. Giving more money to people that already have too much and the answer to everything that is wrong with this world.

I still love you Raven.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Was always going to be a tricky budget I thought, and it was not as economical like last years - as aposed a to political one.

I'm happy they have frozen some of the winter tax allowance, as I know so many people who don't need it (and use it as spending money for holidays). I just hope it doesn't hit the people who do need it.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Slightly better off by around the same margin that will probably be eaten up by the standard cost of living increase.

Ho hum.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Great news. I've started paying company car tax, so the increase in personal allowance will pretty much wipe that out.

Cheers George!

rynnor

Rockhound
I still lose out on about 3k equivalent due to loss of child benefit - that and the cut to top rate tax = me voting these bastards out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom