The Bible Code

W

whipped

We don't have a TV forum, so this will have to do. I know The Bible Code has been spoken about in the Books forum, but did anyone see Horizon on BBC2 last night?

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that the program was a bit mute, as it didn't really answer whether the code was real and didn't really explain both sides of the argument that well.

E

ECA

Yeah I watched it.

It kindof skimped on the arguments from both sides.

Also made both sides look like cocks.

EDIT: Nuclear War in 2006 and we know they are telling the truth :D

Y

Yaka

bleh missed it, read the book tho.

hmmm wish they could delay the nuke war 2006, i dont wana die @ 26 year of age or even turn in to the hulk from radiaton or somat:puke:

A

Ash!

Watched it last night. IMHO the bible code was pretty much like all that bollox with nostrodamus. The thing with the Bible Code guy he always had a get out of jail card.

"We'll these are warnings etc." However if we do change our wicked ways then these things wont happen. Come on, perllleeeaseee..

I am not usually sceptical but I thought the hole theory behind it was tenuous to say the least. What they were saying was that if you use a skip code then you could identify famous people and events. In this case it wasnt the code getting the words. They specifed the words to make the code up. So when they started adding all the differnt Rabbi names near the end the other lot proved that(albeit statistically) that the propbability of these events happening was less than 1

W

Wij

I already posted my views on that tripe in the books forum.

S

sad_mung

You could take Shakespear and make up a cypher which would produce some "amazing" revalatory truths.

I consider the Bible code to be more fictitious than the actual book it gets it's revelations from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom