The Best/Worst Pets

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
being asking myself this a bit so here goes
1.if your a pet class. what is the best pet pet to have?

2. if your being attacked by a pet. what is the most annoying/deadly pet?

sorry bored at work

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Most probably the most annoying to be attacked is the swarm of those earthlords or such ;)

Drevner

Fledgling Freddie
chanter=underhill ally: lotsa HP (think that might have been nerfed tho) and heals caster

Easdown

Fledgling Freddie
an orange con salamander is a uber pet, i seen a menta charm one an dit was damn uber.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
George >>>>> all, to be honest. Although I currently employ Sally Salamander to help me farming. ;)

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Frost stallions still rock as well. Wonder what New Frontiers has in store for them though.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Spear said:
Some recent ones Ive used in ToA:

Volcanus:
Buffed 2H Siam-Hee Devotee (lvl54) - Style dmg
Salamander(lvl 54) - proc root, DD

Aerus:
Buffed centaur impaler (lvl54) - Style dmg
Gorgon maiden (lvl 54) procs dd, debuffs

Meso:
Melos Earth Razor - group dmg add + haste buffs inifinite nukes and earth pets

http://mindkayak.com/bestiary/
http://capnbry.net/daoc/
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Mobs/

1hand Siam-Hee Devoted are better fyi :) (the ones w/o shield) it always use styles... more dmg over time :)

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
There arn't really any 2H Siam Hee Devotees but the ones I mean have the sword on their back in the 2h slot instead of on their hip yet swing it with 1 hand.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Spear said:
There arn't really any 2H Siam Hee Devotees but the ones I mean have the sword on their back in the 2h slot instead of on their hip yet swing it with 1 hand.

Buffed mind worm pwns aswell !

(don't loose it in a fight btw it kinda hit hard and stun ^^)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
grouped minser charms mindworm, minser gets mezzed(or killed), mindworm goes for cleric in group and chain stun him over and over and over again...

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
25 x lvl9 fnf shrooms + 3 to 5 tanglers. And that's from 1 animist!

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
If we're talking low level, Drakoran Mages / Elementalists. Can level well quick with one of those pulling for me.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
levians/levian-als. if you got one on your ass you dont see anything anymore :D much like a troll savage

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
i know it's off topic, but such mobs indeed chase you till you are death, or they are death :p

You could try those horse-like things behind Haven of Aerus. Some are real biatches, and have pets aswell :)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
i know it's off topic, but such mobs indeed chase you till you are death, or they are death

You could try those horse-like things behind Haven of Aerus. Some are real biatches, and have pets aswell

need 50 light AND high RR for those, too high lvl :p

salamander > ML1.1 (best tank for soloing v. high purps)
salamander > Shades of Mist encounter also with a bit of luck on spawn lvls
salamander > Roughart,Cynere,Mad Scalar Snake,High Priest Akil,Azar,Sebak,Terkari,Itet (with npc help)

triton faction theurgists are fun (eg melos earth razor)

triton faction runemasters are also fun (eg naxos umbral conjurer)

DIY army pets eg marrow mage bonedancers good laugh

like the golden 2h sword devotees also, damn hard hitters, lot less hp than salas though

mau nomads for glowy weapon pets

pretty much any setian is nasty buffed

large scorps move like lightning and poison

in sobe eternal charming the Armsmaster group mob that has a blue pet is an experience worth having, Ill leave it at that :), wraith mage I think it is

sobekite sem priests, OOOOWWWW does friar side styles too I think

sobekite pulveriser, positional champion, good fun trying to stun mobs and drag pet behind to make it use Annihilation

sobekite wizard ice pbae ownage, ok well sometimes, can drop orange solo under decent conditions (bit of range, maybe stun help from me)

cold gaze ward, your in dungeon version of salamander but with less hp, same dds/reactives/roots

Halls of Maati is a pain, everything is like 55+, but you can solo the purple wall of fire mob eventually with the pet spending 50% of its time hitting you also. In the eternal lost room, the yellow con spirit of sitamun? mob is charmable.

pity the aerus cyclopses are red+ they hit ludicrously hard (thats unbuffed :O)and move faster than sprint
centaurs are nice if you can find some low enough, mostly hib class based, centaur healer for heals, commoner is a VW, impaler (spearo?) for styles

RvR, cleric mobs (Templars?) near hpk, spec AF etc on non-Gaheris hibbies fortehwin, good for mentas sans bb
basilisks are nice (better for non hibs) for the stun
bloodletter has advantages and disadvantages for concealment, makes hard for enemy to target, also makes it just as hard for you, poison :eek6:
those huge blue walking rocks also have the size thing, proc a snare too I think, miss a lot though :(, but nicely intimidating

not much RvR light menta experience atm

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
oh, 44 enchant spec underhill allies are a force to be reckoned with (you can out tank a paladin with one of these :p)
if youre a melee type char with one of these on you and you cant reach the chanter youre dead already (even if he doesnt bother to stop and nuke you) :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I'm not so sure about the last. As a Spirit Cabalist, my fully buffed pet (George!) is able to decimate most unbuffed tanks easily. However, if the tank is buffed as well, the tables turn, and I believe a Cabalist pet is at least on a par with Enchanter pets.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
WUUTTTTT no1 mention the uber pet of em all!!!

old world pet even ..

ellyll sage ..

it machinegun bolt's ... got so high dex that i guess every 2 sec it bolt's .. and when on passive it heals for 300-400 ...

to bad there is only 1 easy spot to get em (the ellyll village in the buttom of the vally) and to little RvR in HW ... when i played my minser i used it loads..

muco fun as well

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
WUUTTTTT no1 mention the uber pet of em all!!!

old world pet even ..

ellyll sage ..

it machinegun bolt's ... got so high dex that i guess every 2 sec it bolt's .. and when on passive it heals for 300-400 ...

to bad there is only 1 easy spot to get em (the ellyll village in the buttom of the vally) and to little RvR in HW ... when i played my minser i used it loads..

muco fun as well

cool, should have kept quiet about this, Ill use it on you now :p

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I'm not so sure about the last. As a Spirit Cabalist, my fully buffed pet (George!) is able to decimate most unbuffed tanks easily. However, if the tank is buffed as well, the tables turn, and I believe a Cabalist pet is at least on a par with Enchanter pets.

does yours have heal reactive proc and purple dmg add? :)
also all I need from a bb for mine is bases, I do the specs myself
dead pet to let the ownage recommence in the field in about 15 seconds :)
btw, you got a thing for pet classes? :flame:

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Sallies in Typhons reach are probably THE best pet in the game. This, when fully buffed can kill just about anything i want it to. It cant be brought into rvr though. As a close 2nd, we have the frost stallion. Have you ever met one with a fully buffed pony? You would remember if u had. This bastard kills VERY fast and effective. Not a pet you wanna lose control of :p
ToA brought a big bunch of cool new pets. But most of them are just alot of hassle really. Sallies and Gorgon maidens seem to be the best ones. Have soloed or duoed the 3 named gorgons behind the gorgon camp in green glades easy with a fully buffed maiden. Thats another pet you dont wanna lose control of when its fully buffed :p Hib frontier lacks really good pets. we have a few ok ones. But alot of times they are a pain to get. In rvr, the frost stallion > all. (if u can hold one) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom