the best for me ... Slash or thrust ?

C

c_walker

ok im now a lvl 50 arms slash/shield dude ( saracen) my str and dex have the same points ,hmmm think its 185 str and 185 dex ...

I realy block and parry allot , but i think my hits are somethimes low , i was wandering if its not better to respec to thrust ?

i think slash = str
and thrust = str and dex

BUT if i do that , i wil not be abel to do some of my style move's like the biggest thrust move ...... :(

what do you think peeps

A

adari

Re: Re: the best for me ... Slash or thrust ?

hihi :x

no slash doesnt give thrust moves

afaik :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by c_walker
my str and dex have the same points ,hmmm think its 185 str and 185 dex ...
slash = str
thrust = str and dex

str = 185
(str+dex)/2 = 185

you'll have the same base damage whichever you use.

B

Bellona

as Pin said, same base dmg, so stick with slash for the styles

K

Khalen

Trust 50 style is only good if you can evade... if yah go thrust then might as well go thrust polearmsman.

S

skile

Isn't thrust 75% dex, 25% thrust? Just wondering :).

S

skile

I'm going defensive spec with my Saracen armsman.

44 thrust, 37-39(depends on autotrain i think) parry and 50 shield. Maybe something you should try.

Tranqualize and Wyvernfang seems like a decent combo for a defensive tank.

S

skile

I see no bad things about the Tranq+Wyvern combo. Since if you are hunting someone u can use positional back-styles. If you are intrested in ganking somone while he is attacking others you can do Sting (decent dmg but defensive penalty, like it matters when u aren't getting ganked?). And when you have a zeker/sb/bm/ranger/ns on you or any other class you use tranq+wyvern. You will block and parry like insane :p.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by skile
Isn't thrust 75% dex, 25% thrust? Just wondering :).

No, that's mid hunter spears and (afaik) nothing else. Alb/hib 1hand thrust weapons are 50% str/dex.

Originally posted by skile
I see no bad things about the Tranq+Wyvern combo. Since if you are hunting someone u can use positional back-styles. If you are intrested in ganking somone while he is attacking others you can do Sting (decent dmg but defensive penalty, like it matters when u aren't getting ganked?). And when you have a zeker/sb/bm/ranger/ns on you or any other class you use tranq+wyvern. You will block and parry like insane :p.

You can use tranq/wyvern and land sod-all hits for sod-all damage.
Go slash. The only excuse for speccing thrust as an armsman is to be different, or alternatively because you're full pole spec. At which point thrust > slash ;)

Backslash > Pierce except in end usage.
Amethyst->Diamond > Anything thrust has.
Side slicer -> decent hinder style from the side, dmg is inferior to basifang but... nm. :p
Riposte->Befuddler > Beartooth, except for the stun, which you presumably don't care about since you're going 50 shield. Incidentally, I'd go 50slash 42shield 40parry instead, but that's just me; rather cookiecutter so feel free to spit at it ;)
Brutalize to me always seemed impractical for everyday RvR, even if great in duels...

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
No, that's mid hunter spears and (afaik) nothing else. Alb/hib 1hand thrust weapons are 50% str/dex.

2h Thrust ;)

Originally posted by old.LandShark
The only excuse for speccing thrust as an armsman is to be different, or alternatively because you're full pole spec. At which point thrust > slash ;)

2H Thrust is a good choice. Also Thrust for hybrids-specs (slam/pole, slam/2h).

But yes, if you are a 1h arms, Thrust sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom