The beginning of the end for Kazaa?

C

[Cerebus]

IT IS D-Day for the popular file-sharing network Kazaa which is waiting to hear if will share the fate of Napster, Aimster and Audio Galaxy.

It all depends on a US federal judge who has to decide if the case against the offshore company, incorporated in the Pacific island of Vanuatu, should be tried in the US. If it is, it looks like curtains for Kazaa.

C

[Cerebus]

Yep, when you cut one head off, another 3 appear.

Will they ever learn?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Kazaa makes my crate crash for some weird reason.
I dl two songs and -ZZzzing!- bluescreen, reboot.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by SFXman
KaZaa is great, damn bastards.

too bad they ain't got any good music. unlike Audio Galaxy :(
and good cd's here are, besides insanely expensive, very hard to find

C

[Cerebus]

The music industry needs something to blame for the horrible sales figures this year.

You know, it's got nothing to do with the utter shite recording artists releasing songs at the moment thanks to Pop Idol Mania.

All we've got to listen too is some spotty, spikey haird, perverted, spastic, singing songs we've heard a million times before by men and women with real talent, about love and stuff.

THAT's the reason why record sales are at an all time low.

The video game industry has done great this year. The PC game industry has done very well and the reason is that this year has been a good one for games. PC, PS2 etc.. games are very easy to copy if you know what you're doing. Console Chips, cd keys/cracks are widely available over the internet but sales are still high!

Why? Because people don't mind paying for quality. We don't like paying £20 for an album full of shite from nobodies.

I paid £20 for DAoC. This has given me nearly a year of fun.

The last album I bought cost me £17.99. I got bored of it after two days.

Kazaa isn't to blame, the music industry is. By driving programs like this into the underground you're just gonna boost it's usage.

My opinion anyway.

S

Sharma

KaZaA rocked since i first got it after napster i think ive downloaded over 40GB :p

some good stuff on it, personally i think the US government aint goona have much luck shutting down sharing apps.

the other 90% of codersare only gonna make more and more...

pfffft

Music industries shite, just kicking out duff artists now.

Pop Idol and ALLLLLL those other rograms taking people who couldnt sing for shite and kicking out band that wont last more than a month.....

O

old.tRoG

*scurries off and downloads everything in sight*

O

old.job

All we've got to listen too is some spotty, spikey haird, perverted, spastic, singing songs we've heard a million times before by men and women with real talent, about love and stuff.

Class quote ,say's it all.

O

old.job

A complete joke, no evidence of stolen material, no proof the defendents meant to steal, the property stolen is just a copy of the original in a compressed format.

Would'nt have a leg to stand on in court, every person targetted should elect to go to court, the possible legal fees for all those lost cases would destroy the anti-piracy group.

I tell you how bad the music business is now, I haven't downloaded a track for months and that's for FREE!!
Effectively they can't GIVE away the music to me.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Soulcatcher
too bad they ain't got any good music. unlike Audio Galaxy :(
and good cd's here are, besides insanely expensive, very hard to find
Too bad Audiogalaxy became unusable search-wise.

S

Sharma

Well i must say, i stopped using KaZaA dead after my friend got a virus which changed every single file to an .exe and a size of 166kb, upon further investigation, it deletes every single windows file and frags the hard disk completely upon a restart of the computer.

S

Sharma

Downloaded a "Sonic the hedgehog ROM" hes sad like that

O

old.0xygen

i think ive downloaded over 40GB

That is just the best quote ever insert of + ANY WORD after it for hours of amusement!

O

old.tRoG

I have an 80GB HD.

Gimme broadband and I'll have the whole of Kazaa backed up for you tomorrow :p

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.tRoG

Gimme broadband and I'll have the whole of Kazaa backed up for you tomorrow :p

Good luck backing up approx 2,569,085 GB of data then, see you in the next century

O

old.tRoG

Yes, I know.

BUT - I could plug about 100,000,000 cable... erm.... cables, into the back of my pc, buy a few gazzillion more hard disks, devise my own super duper virus checker, and click one button to get the WHOLE of Kazaa!

Har!

Then again, I could just leave these files on other peoples computers to share with them when the next P2P program comes out.

Hrm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom